Alaska Software Inc. - Announcing release of Xb2.NET v3.5
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: Announcing release of Xb2.NET v3.5
Boris BorzicAnnouncing release of Xb2.NET v3.5
on Tue, 19 Apr 2016 06:03:15 +0200
Dear friends & fellow Xbase++ programmers:

I am happy to announce the release of Xb2.NET v3.5. The highlight for
this release is a new "dynamically compiled PRG script" framework that
will dramatically speed up your web development and testing cycle (just
save PRG and refresh web browser). This is similar to the CXP
infrastructure promised by Alaska Software many years ago but which is
still not finished. The key differences are:

* Xb2.NET uses standard PRG code that you are already familiar with.
* No need for IIS or Apache - Xb2.NET makes your Xbase app a web server.
* It works with all versions of Xbase++ 1.82 and up.
* Using standard PRG's makes it easy to move your code from script to
  exe, and vice-versa.
* Xb2.NET is a robust mature solution that you can depend on.

More info here: http://xb2.net/xb2net/PRGScript.htm

This release adds a crowning touch to other enhancements introduced in
Xb2.NET within the past year, including:

* WebSocket support for both client and server-sides (with full
  SSL/TLS support).
* Support for the absolute latest SSL/TLS security including
  Perfect Forward Secrecy and TLS v1.2.
* Numerous speed and memory optimizations.
* A dead simple server-side framework that makes mobile device
  support easy.

I invite you to download and try the latest version. I am sure that you
will be as excited as I am about the possibilities that Xb2.NET provides
to you right now as an Xbase++ developer. I can say with 100%
confidence that Xb2.NET is a robust, rock-solid solution that you can
safely depend on. I can make this bold statement because we depend on
Xb2.NET (and SQLExpress) within our own warehouse automation software,
DivertCode (http://dc.xb2.net/videos.htm). At many of our clients,
DivertCode is a mission-critical application that must run 24x7. If it
stops, it means that nothing ships!

Please note that if you are a registered Xb2.NET user but your support
period has expired, you will need to purchase an upgrade in order to use
this latest version. All upgrades include 12 months free support.

Click here to:

* View change log:
  http://xb2.net/xb2net/Changes.htm

* Learn more about Xb2.NET:
  http://xb2.net/xb2net/Index.htm

* Place an order:
  http://xb2.net/shop

Best regards,
Boris Borzic

http://xb2.net
http://sqlexpress.net
industrial strength Xbase++ development tools
Nestor G. TorresRe: Announcing release of Xb2.NET v3.5
on Thu, 05 May 2016 17:51:20 +0200
Hi Boris,

Is there any way I can still use my xb2net SLL Pro 3.1 with Alaska xBase
2.0...just start recompiling and linking all of my 1.9 code to 2.0 and I
can not get my application to work because of entry point 1.9 not found
in xb2net.

I am in South Africa and our Rand currency isn't worth much in the
outside world.

Kind regards
Nestor G. Torres

On 19-Apr-16 6:03 AM, Boris Borzic wrote:
> Dear friends & fellow Xbase++ programmers:
>
> I am happy to announce the release of Xb2.NET v3.5. The highlight for
> this release is a new "dynamically compiled PRG script" framework that
> will dramatically speed up your web development and testing cycle (just
> save PRG and refresh web browser). This is similar to the CXP
> infrastructure promised by Alaska Software many years ago but which is
> still not finished. The key differences are:
>
> * Xb2.NET uses standard PRG code that you are already familiar with.
> * No need for IIS or Apache - Xb2.NET makes your Xbase app a web server.
> * It works with all versions of Xbase++ 1.82 and up.
> * Using standard PRG's makes it easy to move your code from script to
>   exe, and vice-versa.
> * Xb2.NET is a robust mature solution that you can depend on.

> More info here: http://xb2.net/xb2net/PRGScript.htm
>
> This release adds a crowning touch to other enhancements introduced in
> Xb2.NET within the past year, including:
>
> * WebSocket support for both client and server-sides (with full
>   SSL/TLS support).
> * Support for the absolute latest SSL/TLS security including
>   Perfect Forward Secrecy and TLS v1.2.
> * Numerous speed and memory optimizations.
> * A dead simple server-side framework that makes mobile device
>   support easy.
>
> I invite you to download and try the latest version. I am sure that you
> will be as excited as I am about the possibilities that Xb2.NET provides
> to you right now as an Xbase++ developer. I can say with 100%
> confidence that Xb2.NET is a robust, rock-solid solution that you can
> safely depend on. I can make this bold statement because we depend on
> Xb2.NET (and SQLExpress) within our own warehouse automation software,
> DivertCode (http://dc.xb2.net/videos.htm). At many of our clients,
> DivertCode is a mission-critical application that must run 24x7. If it
> stops, it means that nothing ships!
>
> Please note that if you are a registered Xb2.NET user but your support
> period has expired, you will need to purchase an upgrade in order to use
> this latest version. All upgrades include 12 months free support.
>
> Click here to:
>
> * View change log:
>   http://xb2.net/xb2net/Changes.htm
>
> * Learn more about Xb2.NET:
>   http://xb2.net/xb2net/Index.htm
>
> * Place an order:
>   http://xb2.net/shop

Boris BorzicRe: Announcing release of Xb2.NET v3.5
on Thu, 05 May 2016 20:38:02 +0200
Nestor G. Torres wrote in news:6833c2bf$1df62fc1$3370d8@news.alaska-
software.com:

> Is there any way I can still use my xb2net SLL Pro 3.1 with Alaska xBase
> 2.0...just start recompiling and linking all of my 1.9 code to 2.0 and I
> can not get my application to work because of entry point 1.9 not found
> in xb2net.

Unfortunately, v3.1 is 10 years old - much older than Xbase 2.0. The only
way is to upgrade to the latest version.

Just sent you a follow-up email re. this at n*****@softwareclinic.co.za