Alaska Software Inc. - Product Activation problems
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: Product Activation problems
Brian WolfsohnProduct Activation problems
on Thu, 01 Oct 2015 17:26:53 +0200
I installed 2.0 in august on my main desktop system.

today i installed it on my laptop, since i am going to the xbase++
conference in arizona.

it allowed me to install on the laptop, but my desktop workbench now states
not activated.

if i try a manual activation i get:
Product key is temporarily blocked, try again in a few days or contact
Alaska Software

i thought we were supposed to be able to install this on a desktop AND a
laptop..
Brian WolfsohnRe: Product Activation problems
on Thu, 01 Oct 2015 17:27:31 +0200
Brian Wolfsohn wrote in news:XnsA5267463757AEblwcuscom@87.106.143.233:

I sent an email to alaska yesterday, anbd have not received any response..

> I installed 2.0 in august on my main desktop system.
>
> today i installed it on my laptop, since i am going to the xbase++
> conference in arizona.
>
> it allowed me to install on the laptop, but my desktop workbench now
> states not activated.
>
> if i try a manual activation i get:
> Product key is temporarily blocked, try again in a few days or contact
> Alaska Software
>
> i thought we were supposed to be able to install this on a desktop AND
> a laptop..

Brian WolfsohnRe: Product Activation problems
on Thu, 01 Oct 2015 20:26:56 +0200
Had an email exchange with Peter Bayer in customer service, and everything
is working great now..

thanks Alaska
Joe EchelRe: Product Activation problems
on Fri, 02 Oct 2015 04:00:13 +0200
Brian Wolfsohn wrote in message news:XnsA5267463757AEblwcuscom@87.106.143.233...
>I installed 2.0 in august on my main desktop system.
>
>today i installed it on my laptop, since i am going to the xbase++
>conference in arizona.
>
>it allowed me to install on the laptop, but my desktop workbench now states
>not activated.
>
>if i try a manual activation i get:
>Product key is temporarily blocked, try again in a few days or contact
>Alaska Software
>
>i thought we were supposed to be able to install this on a desktop AND a
>laptop..

I had the same issue and Peter Bayer got me going early this morning although
I have been sending emails for a week. I got it activated and updated early
this morning and ran some tests and all was working. Now I am back in my home
office with my laptop that I plan to bring to Phoenix and it says not
activated and it is back to telling me that I have too many activations. I am
just glad I am not yet using this in a production environment because it would
put me out of business. The only difference now to this morning is I am now
back home in my home office and on a different wireless. I am using a brand
new pc that has windows 10 and maybe that has something to do with it.
Jonathan has been emailing me all day and he had the same problem with his
laptop. It worked when he was at work on his docking stations this morning but
now he is at home and it is not activated.

Is someone looking into this. It is 13 days until I get to the conference and
have to get it working before because time is limited and before I know it I
will be on a plane.
Brian WolfsohnRe: Product Activation problems
on Fri, 02 Oct 2015 04:12:25 +0200
Joe Echel wrote in

I don't use the workbench, so "not activated" is only important for me if
there's an update.

That being said, this seems like a poor implementation of copy
protection...

> Brian Wolfsohn wrote in message
>>I installed 2.0 in august on my main desktop system.
>>
>>today i installed it on my laptop, since i am going to the xbase++
>>conference in arizona.
>>
>>it allowed me to install on the laptop, but my desktop workbench now
>>states not activated.
>>
>>if i try a manual activation i get:
>>Product key is temporarily blocked, try again in a few days or contact
>>Alaska Software
>>
>>i thought we were supposed to be able to install this on a desktop AND
>>a laptop..
>
> I had the same issue and Peter Bayer got me going early this morning
> although I have been sending emails for a week. I got it activated and
> updated early this morning and ran some tests and all was working. Now
> I am back in my home office with my laptop that I plan to bring to
> Phoenix and it says not activated and it is back to telling me that I
> have too many activations. I am just glad I am not yet using this in a
> production environment because it would put me out of business. The
> only difference now to this morning is I am now back home in my home
> office and on a different wireless. I am using a brand new pc that has
> windows 10 and maybe that has something to do with it. Jonathan has
> been emailing me all day and he had the same problem with his laptop.
> It worked when he was at work on his docking stations this morning but
> now he is at home and it is not activated.
>
> Is someone looking into this. It is 13 days until I get to the
> conference and have to get it working before because time is limited
> and before I know it I will be on a plane.

Thomas BraunRe: Product Activation problems
on Fri, 02 Oct 2015 09:33:27 +0200
Brian Wolfsohn wrote:

> That being said, this seems like a poor implementation of copy
> protection...

This is not an "implementation" issue - copy protection as such is a poor
concept.

Thomas
Brian WolfsohnRe: Product Activation problems
on Fri, 02 Oct 2015 16:55:21 +0200
Thomas Braun wrote in news:10utd2kywneqv.d1tibav2koa$.dlg@40tude.net:

Thomas,

We can agree or disagree on whether it's a good or poor concept..

Whether or not it's a good or bad, intrusive or non-intrusive
implementation is a different issue..