Alaska Software Inc. - UPPER CASE
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: UPPER CASE
Carlos Beling UPPER CASE
on Mon, 12 Jan 2004 17:39:57 -0200
Hi Folks:
<start>
Note that the Source Code Editor has completed the template in upper
case letters, although the initial proc is written in lower case
letters. Whether or not to display keywords in upper case letters
depends on a configuration switch of the editor (Tools-> Editor
options-> IntelliCode-> Keywords in uppercase).
</start>

is not working in 2.0.335

Please:
how can I convert texts from upper case to lower case and from lower
case to uppercase?

Beling
Best regards
Joe Carrick - The ManiaccRe: UPPER CASE
on Mon, 12 Jan 2004 22:27:41 -0800
Hi Carlos,

I will have my source code printing program available by the end of the
week - prelim is available for download on the 3PP NG.  The final version
will provide for user selection of font, colors and reformatting the source
using either 1 Tab or 3 Spaces for each indentation.  If you're really
interested in this, I can add the capability to replace all Keyword with
lower/upper case.

I'm charging $15 per copy, so let me know if you want it.

Attached is a screen dump of the Main App Dialog Window.

-Joe

"Carlos Beling" <beling@uai.com.br> wrote in message

> Hi Folks:
> <start>
> Note that the Source Code Editor has completed the template in upper
> case letters, although the initial proc is written in lower case
> letters. Whether or not to display keywords in upper case letters
> depends on a configuration switch of the editor (Tools-> Editor
> options-> IntelliCode-> Keywords in uppercase).
> </start>
>
> is not working in 2.0.335
>
> Please:
> how can I convert texts from upper case to lower case and from lower
> case to uppercase?
>

> Beling
> Best regards

ScrnDmp9.zip
Andreas Herdt Re: UPPER CASE
on Tue, 13 Jan 2004 10:16:52 +0100
Joe Carrick - The Maniacc wrote:

> Hi Carlos,
>
> I will have my source code printing program available by the end of the
> week - prelim is available for download on the 3PP NG.  The final version
> will provide for user selection of font, colors and reformatting the source
> using either 1 Tab or 3 Spaces for each indentation.  If you're really
> interested in this, I can add the capability to replace all Keyword with
> lower/upper case.

VX converts keywords to upper case only, there is no way to have them
back in lower case. Thus an addon tool that can do both would be a nice
addon to VX.

> I'm charging $15 per copy, so let me know if you want it.
>
> Attached is a screen dump of the Main App Dialog Window.
>
> -Joe
>
> "Carlos Beling" <beling@uai.com.br> wrote in message
>
>>Hi Folks:
>><start>
>>Note that the Source Code Editor has completed the template in upper
>>case letters, although the initial proc is written in lower case
>>letters. Whether or not to display keywords in upper case letters
>>depends on a configuration switch of the editor (Tools-> Editor
>>options-> IntelliCode-> Keywords in uppercase).
>></start>
>>
>>is not working in 2.0.335
>>
>>Please:
>>how can I convert texts from upper case to lower case and from lower
>>case to uppercase?
>>

>>Beling
>>Best regards

Regards
   Andreas Herdt
   [Alaska Research & Development]
Carlos Beling Re: UPPER CASE
on Tue, 13 Jan 2004 11:48:59 -0200
Hi Andreas:
I thank you your kindness.

I joined two things in only one, sorry:
. the first one is a bug (the option is not working), or I'm making a
mistake that I don't know what is
. the second one is that all editors that I know have this feature that
is very usefull and I think VXbase will be a little bit poor without it.

Beling
Best regards

Andreas Herdt wrote:

> Joe Carrick - The Maniacc wrote:
>
>> Hi Carlos,
>>
>> I will have my source code printing program available by the end of the
>> week - prelim is available for download on the 3PP NG.  The final version
>> will provide for user selection of font, colors and reformatting the
>> source
>> using either 1 Tab or 3 Spaces for each indentation.  If you're really
>> interested in this, I can add the capability to replace all Keyword with
>> lower/upper case.
>

> VX converts keywords to upper case only, there is no way to have them
> back in lower case. Thus an addon tool that can do both would be a nice
> addon to VX.
>
>> I'm charging $15 per copy, so let me know if you want it.
>>
>> Attached is a screen dump of the Main App Dialog Window.
>>
>> -Joe
>>
>> "Carlos Beling" <beling@uai.com.br> wrote in message
>>
>>> Hi Folks:
>>> <start>
>>> Note that the Source Code Editor has completed the template in upper
>>> case letters, although the initial proc is written in lower case
>>> letters. Whether or not to display keywords in upper case letters
>>> depends on a configuration switch of the editor (Tools-> Editor
>>> options-> IntelliCode-> Keywords in uppercase).
>>> </start>
>>>
>>> is not working in 2.0.335
>>>
>>> Please:
>>> how can I convert texts from upper case to lower case and from lower
>>> case to uppercase?
>>>

>>> Beling
>>> Best regards

Carlos Beling Re: UPPER CASE
on Tue, 13 Jan 2004 11:40:26 -0200
Hi Joe:
many thanks.
I'm trying VXbase and the upper case has been a feature that dos not
work. You're doing a very nice job and as soon as VXbase is completed
I'll evaluate what I must doing.

Beling
Best regards

Joe Carrick - The Maniacc wrote:

> Hi Carlos,
>
> I will have my source code printing program available by the end of the
> week - prelim is available for download on the 3PP NG.  The final version
> will provide for user selection of font, colors and reformatting the source
> using either 1 Tab or 3 Spaces for each indentation.  If you're really
> interested in this, I can add the capability to replace all Keyword with
> lower/upper case.
>
> I'm charging $15 per copy, so let me know if you want it.
>
> Attached is a screen dump of the Main App Dialog Window.
>
> -Joe
>
> "Carlos Beling" <beling@uai.com.br> wrote in message
>
>>Hi Folks:
>><start>
>>Note that the Source Code Editor has completed the template in upper
>>case letters, although the initial proc is written in lower case
>>letters. Whether or not to display keywords in upper case letters
>>depends on a configuration switch of the editor (Tools-> Editor
>>options-> IntelliCode-> Keywords in uppercase).
>></start>
>>
>>is not working in 2.0.335
>>
>>Please:
>>how can I convert texts from upper case to lower case and from lower
>>case to uppercase?
>>

>>Beling
>>Best regards

Steffen F. Pirsig [Alaska Research]Re: UPPER CASE
on Wed, 14 Jan 2004 12:40:17 +0100
Carlos,

 after having some more detailed look into your findings the
 following is true.

 1. The templates on the IntelliCode tab are inserted just as they are
 they do not respect the "Keywords in uppercase" setting.

  => We added this to our list of problems to be resolved.

 2. Currently VX does not provide some functionality
 to upper-case, lower-case or mix-case the text under the cursor
 automatically.

 => This is already on our whishlist.

 HTH
 Steffen F. Pirsig,

Alaska Research & Development
Web:       http://www.alaska-research.com
Investors: http://www.alaska-research.com/tifund
E-Mail:    mailto:Steffen.Pirsig@alaska-research.com
Contact:   mailto:info@alaska-research.com
Fax:       +49/(0)6196/779999-23

"Carlos Beling" <beling@uai.com.br> wrote in message

> Hi Folks:
> <start>
> Note that the Source Code Editor has completed the template in upper
> case letters, although the initial proc is written in lower case
> letters. Whether or not to display keywords in upper case letters
> depends on a configuration switch of the editor (Tools-> Editor
> options-> IntelliCode-> Keywords in uppercase).
> </start>
>
> is not working in 2.0.335
>
> Please:
> how can I convert texts from upper case to lower case and from lower
> case to uppercase?
>

> Beling
> Best regards

Carlos Beling Re: UPPER CASE
on Wed, 14 Jan 2004 10:43:11 -0200
Hi Steffen:
many thanks. It is very uncomfortable when whe need match two files (ie
an old version of the program with the new one created with VXBase).

Beling
Best regards