Alaska Software Inc. - How to do
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: How to do
Carlos Beling How to do
on Wed, 21 Jan 2004 17:19:23 -0200
Hi folks:
how can I, in  project with many files, specify the debugger option only
for some of them?

Beling
Best regards
Till WarwegRe: How to do
on Thu, 22 Jan 2004 11:28:34 +0100
"Carlos Beling" <beling@uai.com.br> wrote in message
> Hi folks:
> how can I, in  project with many files, specify the debugger option only
> for some of them?

Carlos,

the "include debug information" is a setting of a project's
target and thus affects all of its sources. To compile a file
with compiler settings different from your target's, you'll
have to either compile that file through another target
(that has debug information switched off) or compile
it manually.

To include .OBJ files in your target, you'd normally
right-click on the target's node in Project Manager choose
"Add existing file..." and select the .OBJ file(s) in the dialog.
However, I've found that
  o the "Add to target..." dialog does not contain a file
     type filter for .OBJ files
  o specifying (typing) the name of an .OBJ file in said
     dialog does not work correctly.

Both of these issues will be fixed ASAP. As a work-around,
you may try loading your PROJECT.XPJ into an editor
such as NOTEPAD and adding the .OBJ file manually
to your target. When you load this project into VX,
the linker will link in your .OBJ when building your
target.

Hope this helps,
  Till
--
ARD - Alaska Research & Development

Web:       http://www.alaska-research.com
Investors: http://www.alaska-research.com/tifund
E-Mail:    mailto:till.warweg@alaska-research.com
Contact:   mailto:info@alaska-research.com
Carlos Beling Re: How to do
on Thu, 22 Jan 2004 09:39:18 -0200
Hi Till:
many thanks. I think best await for the final release. With VXBase
everything is better than what we had.

Beling
Best regards.