Alaska Software Inc. - editor wishes
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: editor wishes
news.alaska-software.neteditor wishes
on Sat, 10 Jan 2004 15:52:22 +0100
Hello,

Here some wishes for the editor, i used the editor Vim, it is a Linux
editor.

1. Highlight all the searched words in de opened source code, not only the
pne at the cursor
    e.g. all the searched words yellow, and the searched word where the
cursor is red

2. When a PRG is closed return to te last edited point when the PRG is
opened again.

Patrick
Steffen F. PirsigRe: editor wishes
on Sun, 11 Jan 2004 00:01:03 +0100
Hi Patrick,

> 1. Highlight all the searched words in de opened source code, not only the
> pne at the cursor
>     e.g. all the searched words yellow, and the searched word where the
> cursor is red
I added this as a interesting feature to the whishlist related to future
releases.

> 2. When a PRG is closed return to te last edited point when the PRG is
> opened again.

OOPs you are right, this is something we should add - this will make live
much more easier because reloading of a project just starts where you closed
it. Added it to our todo-list.

HTH
Steffen F. Pirsig,
www.alaska-research.com
Thomas Braun
Re: editor wishes
on Tue, 13 Jan 2004 22:11:09 +0100
Hi Steffen,

> OOPs you are right, this is something we should add - this will make live
> much more easier because reloading of a project just starts where you closed
> it. Added it to our todo-list.

But please, don't store this information in the project file... always have
parallel team development in mind, I don't want to get the settings of my
colleague programmer when I'm refreshing the project from VSS

Thomas

Xbase++ FAQ : www.software-braun.de/xbfaq/xbfaq.htm
Anyway, there's plenty of room for doubt.  It might seem easy enough,
but computer language design is just like a stroll in the park.

Jurassic Park, that is.
                -- Larry Wall in <1994Jun15.074039.2654@netlabs.com>
Klemens LichterRe: editor wishes
on Wed, 14 Jan 2004 01:54:10 +0100
Hi Thomas,
please see my answer to your question to this topic in the projectmanager
NG. I had some thoughts to this there.
Klemens

"Thomas Braun" <spam@software-braun.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Hi Steffen,
>
> > OOPs you are right, this is something we should add - this will make
live
> > much more easier because reloading of a project just starts where you
closed
> > it. Added it to our todo-list.
>
> But please, don't store this information in the project file... always
have
> parallel team development in mind, I don't want to get the settings of my
> colleague programmer when I'm refreshing the project from VSS
>
> Thomas
> --
> Xbase++ FAQ : www.software-braun.de/xbfaq/xbfaq.htm
> Anyway, there's plenty of room for doubt.  It might seem easy enough,
> but computer language design is just like a stroll in the park.
>
> Jurassic Park, that is.
>                 -- Larry Wall in <1994Jun15.074039.2654@netlabs.com>
Steffen F. Pirsig [Alaska Research]Re: editor wishes
on Wed, 14 Jan 2004 12:44:40 +0100
Hi Thomas,

 you are soooooooooooooo right! Our fault, we
 had already a design-meeting about that issue.

 We ourself went into the same problems when working with VX
 on our Xbase++ sources - team capabilities are not as we would
 have it to be.

 Next version will be better -

 HTH
 Steffen F. Pirsig,

Alaska Research & Development
Web:       http://www.alaska-research.com
Investors: http://www.alaska-research.com/tifund
E-Mail:    mailto:Steffen.Pirsig@alaska-research.com
Contact:   mailto:info@alaska-research.com
Fax:       +49/(0)6196/779999-23

"Thomas Braun" <spam@software-braun.de> wrote in message
> Hi Steffen,
>
> > OOPs you are right, this is something we should add - this will make
live
> > much more easier because reloading of a project just starts where you
closed
> > it. Added it to our todo-list.
>
> But please, don't store this information in the project file... always
have
> parallel team development in mind, I don't want to get the settings of my
> colleague programmer when I'm refreshing the project from VSS
>
> Thomas
> --
> Xbase++ FAQ : www.software-braun.de/xbfaq/xbfaq.htm
> Anyway, there's plenty of room for doubt.  It might seem easy enough,
> but computer language design is just like a stroll in the park.
>
> Jurassic Park, that is.
>                 -- Larry Wall in <1994Jun15.074039.2654@netlabs.com>
Thomas Braun
Re: editor wishes
on Sat, 17 Jan 2004 20:01:08 +0100
Steffen F. Pirsig [Alaska Research] wrote:

>  Next version will be better -

Thanks for listening

Thomas

Xbase++ FAQ : www.software-braun.de/xbfaq/xbfaq.htm
Last year I went fishing with Salvador Dali.  He was using a dotted line.
He caught every other fish.  -- Stephen Wright