Alaska Software Inc. - Run time error
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: Run time error
Carlos Beling Run time error
on Wed, 21 Jan 2004 20:14:53 -0200
Hi folks:
I was trying open a new one project and occurred one error. I attached
the screen shot.

Beling
Best regards.

VXBase.jpg
Andreas Herdt Re: Run time error
on Thu, 22 Jan 2004 12:05:19 +0100
Carlos Beling wrote:

> Hi folks:
> I was trying open a new one project and occurred one error. I attached
> the screen shot.
>
> Beling
> Best regards.

Hi Carlos,

Needless to say that I have tried to reproduce the error with no
success.....

So please give me some additional infos on the issue.

How did you load the project ?
The project seems to have one prg only, is this correct?
Do you encounter into this problem regulary?

Please give any info that can help at my side.

P.S: Steffen had a fast look on you screenshot and suggested that
the failure may come from your virusscanner running.
May be it would help to disable him.....

I allready have tried the scenario where I requested an exclusive
lock on a prg and on a project file and then loaded the project
with no avail. This leads to the conclusion that the error occurs
timecritical.............

Regards
   Andreas Herdt
   [Alaska Research & Development]
Carlos Beling Re: Run time error
on Thu, 22 Jan 2004 10:58:10 -0200
Hi Andreas:
please see below.

Beling
Health, strength and union

Andreas Herdt wrote:

> Needless to say that I have tried to reproduce the error with no
> success.....
>
> So please give me some additional infos on the issue.
>
> How did you load the project ?
Selecting:
File->New->Target->Win32 Application
	Name:		Tshw
	Marked:		Create new Project
	Showed:		The default project directory with one folder created with the
name _Tshw_. If you put an extension it will be part of the name of the
folder.
When clicked the OK button the program crashes as showed. In the folder
are written two files (MAIN.PRG and PROJECT.XPJ). If you try again two
new files are written: MAIN1.PRG and PROJECT1.XPJ. I attached them.
The same occurs when you create a new prg file and select:
Project->Add new Target

> The project seems to have one prg only, is this correct?
Yes
> Do you encounter into this problem regulary?
I can't open a new one project.
If you can close the error window and VXBase continue opened and you try
again, the error message begins in infinite loop and you need close the
error window with the most used Windows tool: <CTRL> <ALT> <DEL>

> Please give any info that can help at my side.
Using:
.Windows 98 version 4.10.2222 A
. Processor Athlon XP 1700++
. 256 MB RAM
. Express++

> P.S: Steffen had a fast look on you screenshot and suggested that
> the failure may come from your virusscanner running.
> May be it would help to disable him.....
I did it and the problem continues.

> I allready have tried the scenario where I requested an exclusive
> lock on a prg and on a project file and then loaded the project
> with no avail. This leads to the conclusion that the error occurs
> timecritical.............
I select:
Tools->Environment Options->Common. In Startup Options I marked Create
new project. When I restarted VXBase I created one new project with the
same name that I was trying and all worked ok but It was created one 3th
file (is include in the attached file) since the folder already existed
with two files. I did it again and it was created the 4th file.
When I select File->Open all those files are shown.
When I select View->Project Manager it shows the 4th file as the Tshw.Xpj

If you need anything more please tell me.

Beling
HTH.

Folder.zip
Christian Laborde Re: Run time error
on Sat, 24 Jan 2004 10:40:47 +0100
Hello
I think it's a windows resource problem. I have many of this in low
resource condition with win 98.
Regards.

  Christian Laborde
GTS Gestion-Technologie-Services