Alaska Software Inc. - home key...
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: home key...
Carlos Santoshome key...
on Sat, 10 Jan 2004 11:27:52 +0000
Hi
I think it is very usefull:
* First home key move cursor to first character of the line and after second
home key move cursor to first position of the line, like ME does.
* On right mouse click over a function name, option to find that function
(TAG in ME) in the current project.
* On using functions not known by VXB Editor, closing right parentesis ")"
must highlite region betwen correspondent open parentesis "(".
Thanks
Carlos SantosRe: home key...
on Sat, 10 Jan 2004 15:22:17 +0000
I forgot tell about the toolbar of the VX editor. It has 18 itens and in my
instalation it ocupies three lines and may fit into only one, so the screen
stays too small.
Could be integrated the FormDesigner in the IDE?

"Carlos Santos" <paulino@psic.pt> escreveu na mensagem
> Hi
> I think it is very usefull:
> * First home key move cursor to first character of the line and after
second
> home key move cursor to first position of the line, like ME does.
> * On right mouse click over a function name, option to find that function
> (TAG in ME) in the current project.
> * On using functions not known by VXB Editor, closing right parentesis ")"
> must highlite region betwen correspondent open parentesis "(".
> Thanks

James Loughner Re: home key...
on Sat, 10 Jan 2004 12:49:38 -0500
I think that they reserved space on the Toolbar for other purposes, not
yet implimented.

I think the plan is to add a new VFD to the IDE. But in the  mean time
you can add the current FD to VX in the TOOLS->CONFIGURE TOOLS menu
item. Just add the FD and be sure you set the working directory field to
&PRJDIR

Also if you use Inno Setup Compiler check out my VXUtility program. Its
added in the same way, but place

&PRJDIR &PRJNAME

in the peramters field.

http://gogalthorp.com/splash/

Jim

Carlos Santos wrote:

> I forgot tell about the toolbar of the VX editor. It has 18 itens and in my
> instalation it ocupies three lines and may fit into only one, so the screen
> stays too small.
> Could be integrated the FormDesigner in the IDE?
>

> "Carlos Santos" <paulino@psic.pt> escreveu na mensagem
>
>>Hi
>>I think it is very usefull:
>>* First home key move cursor to first character of the line and after
>
> second
>
>>home key move cursor to first position of the line, like ME does.
>>* On right mouse click over a function name, option to find that function
>>(TAG in ME) in the current project.
>>* On using functions not known by VXB Editor, closing right parentesis ")"
>>must highlite region betwen correspondent open parentesis "(".
>>Thanks

Steffen F. PirsigRe: home key...
on Sun, 11 Jan 2004 01:32:27 +0100
Carlos,

> * First home key move cursor to first character of the line and after
second
> home key move cursor to first position of the line, like ME does.
Agreed, this makes sense to me so I will add this to the whislist.

> * On right mouse click over a function name, option to find that function
> (TAG in ME) in the current project.
VX has that feature already. Hold down the Ctrl-Key, and then navigate with
the
 mouse over symbols such as local-var-name function/IVar/method. If VX knows
 something about the symbol is highlithed and a simple left-mouse-button
click
 navigates to the declaration/implementation. The old position is saved in
the
 history-list of your edit window - see small forward/backward arrows on the
 top-right of your edit-window.

> * On using functions not known by VXB Editor, closing right parentesis ")"
> must highlite region betwen correspondent open parentesis "(".
Yes, we realized already that the current bracket highlithing is not easy to
follow -
 VX currently just draws the matching bracket bold and blue which is not
enough.
 This is already on the whishlist.

HTH
Steffen F. Pirsig,
www.alaska-research.com
Carlos SantosRe: home key...
on Sat, 18 Mar 2006 15:52:02 +0000
>> * On right mouse click over a function name, option to find that function
>> (TAG in ME) in the current project.
> VX has that feature already. Hold down the Ctrl-Key, and then navigate
> with
> the
> mouse over symbols such as local-var-name function/IVar/method. If VX
> knows
> something about the symbol is highlithed and a simple left-mouse-button
> click
> navigates to the declaration/implementation. The old position is saved in
> the
> history-list of your edit window - see small forward/backward arrows on
> the
> top-right of your edit-window.

Hi Steffen,
I'm testing VX 2.0.338 editor again.
1. This is true ONLY for the first time Ctrl + Left mouse click. Other
clicks not go to the highlithed function .
2. If I have in the project file .XPJ a source file in another folder like
..\COMMON\TEST.PRG, the creates TEST.OBJ in current folder and the linker
search it in ..\COMMON folder and does not create EXE. I think this hapens
because when the project is saved the specified path is not respected.
Best regards,
Carlos