Alaska Software Inc. - goto behaviour
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: goto behaviour
Eric Breddamgoto behaviour
on Thu, 03 Jun 2004 14:13:22 -0700
It'd be nice if the goto line # dialog didn't fill in automatically with the
current line.

I often Ctrl-G to a line... go off somewhere via page up or down, then want
to Ctrl-G back to where I started from... and I never want to Ctrl-G to
the exact line I'm currently on .

Eric Breddam
SOM Data Services
Eric BreddamRe: goto behaviour
on Thu, 03 Jun 2004 14:21:38 -0700
More accurately, I'd like the Ctrl-G (goto line #) dialog to retain the last
entered data.
Martin AltmannRe: goto behaviour
on Thu, 03 Jun 2004 23:31:46 +0200
Which is your actual line#
You are on line 12, press Ctrl-G, enter 367 and you are on that line.
If you now press Ctrl-G again it will show your last entered data (367)
which is exactly the number of the line you are currently on

Regards,
Martin

"Eric Breddam" <eric@somdata.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> More accurately, I'd like the Ctrl-G (goto line #) dialog to retain the
last
> entered data.

Joe Carrick - the ManiaccRe: goto behaviour
on Thu, 03 Jun 2004 14:49:10 -0700
Hi Martin,

Try this:

You are on line 12, press Ctrl-G, enter 367.
You are on line 367
Now make some edits, page down a couple of times
and you are on somethin like line 420
Press Ctrl-G, it indicates 420 - not 367

OK........

=|:,)

"Martin Altmann" <Altmann@altem.de> wrote in message
> Which is your actual line#
> You are on line 12, press Ctrl-G, enter 367 and you are on that line.
> If you now press Ctrl-G again it will show your last entered data (367)
> which is exactly the number of the line you are currently on
>
> Regards,
> Martin
>
> "Eric Breddam" <eric@somdata.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > More accurately, I'd like the Ctrl-G (goto line #) dialog to retain the
> last
> > entered data.

Martin AltmannRe: goto behaviour
on Fri, 04 Jun 2004 08:55:04 +0200
Joe,
OK, you got me - it was already a bit late over here ...

Regards,
Martin
Joe Carrick - the ManiaccRe: goto behaviour
on Thu, 03 Jun 2004 14:51:23 -0700
Hi Eric,

I would prefer to have a way of storing the last 5 lines that I "tag", then
getting a listbox selection.

=|:,)

"Eric Breddam" <eric@somdata.com> wrote in message
> More accurately, I'd like the Ctrl-G (goto line #) dialog to retain the
last
> entered data.

Eric BreddamRe: goto behaviour
on Thu, 03 Jun 2004 15:32:34 -0700

> I would prefer to have a way of storing the last 5 lines that I "tag",
then
> getting a listbox selection.

That's even better... a combo box essentially with a visible listbox so
it's just tab-down-down-enter to go to the line # shown in the third-last
entry...