Alaska Software Inc. - More than one project
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: More than one project
Simon Burford, Uluru SupportMore than one project
on Wed, 28 Jan 2004 17:14:35 +0000
It would be useful to be able to have more than one project open at once in
two windows. My app uses my own library and often I have to switch projects
to update the library and then switch back. I should be able to have  both
open at once, or two instances of VX.

Also, and this is quite an important point, I would like the current line
number for each open source file saved with the project. When I switch
projects and then load the original back, it opens all the required source
files but I then have to refind where I was previously programming... Since
I often switch projects, this is quite irritating.

Simon Burford
Uluru Database Support
http://www.UluruDatabase.com

Download the latest version of Uluru Professional, Pro
Database Manager for xBase++ from http://www.UluruDatabase.com
Andreas Herdt Re: More than one project
on Fri, 30 Jan 2004 10:17:59 +0100
Simon Burford, Uluru Support wrote:

> It would be useful to be able to have more than one project open at once in
> two windows. My app uses my own library and often I have to switch projects
> to update the library and then switch back. I should be able to have  both
> open at once, or two instances of VX.

Holding two projects at the same time will be available with
final release. As workaround you can open two VX instances.
 From commandline type: vxide20.exe. This will directly invoke the
executable.

> Also, and this is quite an important point, I would like the current line
> number for each open source file saved with the project.

This is allready on my list and will be resolved with next release, I hope.

> When I switch
> projects and then load the original back, it opens all the required source
> files but I then have to refind where I was previously programming... Since
 > I often switch projects, this is quite irritating.

Yes, the file order is not persistent. Will be fixed with same
priority like persistency of line numbers.

Regards
   Andreas Herdt
   [Alaska Research & Development]