Alaska Software Inc. - New Target - Page is missing (with Pics!)
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: New Target - Page is missing (with Pics!)
Frank ZieglerNew Target - Page is missing (with Pics!)
on Fri, 23 Jan 2004 13:03:06 +0100
Hi support-team,
it is not possible for me to create a new project.
It is also not possible for me to add a new target to
the active project.
After looking at the online-help, i realized, that
my dialog (File/New) is different.
The tabpage "Target" is missing.

If i try to use "Project/Add New Target..."
i get an error after confirming the dialog.

Maybe im doing something wrong?

greetings,
Frank Ziegler
michael martin GmbH

(Im using Alaska 1.82.294 and VX20 2.0.335)

I attached the following pictures:

"File/New" (missing Targetpage)

"Project/Add New Target..."

Error after "OK"

clip_image002.jpg
Frank ZieglerRe: New Target - Page is missing (with Pics!)
on Fri, 23 Jan 2004 13:13:36 +0100
Sorry,
missing pics.

Frank Ziegler

"File/New" (missing Targetpage)

"Project/Add New Target..."

clip_image001.png
clip_image002.jpg
Frank ZieglerRe: New Target - Page is missing (with Pics!)
on Fri, 23 Jan 2004 13:25:28 +0100
Sorry,
missing pics! Pic1

Frank Ziegler

clip_image002.jpg
Frank ZieglerRe: New Target - Page is missing (with Pics!)
on Fri, 23 Jan 2004 13:26:38 +0100
missing pic2!

clip_image002.jpg
Andreas Herdt Re: New Target - Page is missing (with Pics!)
on Fri, 23 Jan 2004 15:55:01 +0100
Hi Frank,

This is a known issue. It happens when VX can not find its
templates.ini file that is usually located at ..\xppw32\bin\.
By the way, the templates are expected in ..\xppw32\templates\.

This error may happen when vx was installed, invoked and then
removed and stored at a different place.

There are two solutions:
   1) Start from commandine: vx20 -cr (clears the registry)
   2) with regedit open:
      HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\VisualXbase++\2.0\Directories
      Manually edit the key RepositoryFileName. Enter path and
      name of templates.ini here.

Regards
   Andreas Herdt
   [Alaska Research & Development]

Frank Ziegler wrote:

> Hi support-team,
> it is not possible for me to create a new project.
> It is also not possible for me to add a new target to
> the active project.
> After looking at the online-help, i realized, that
> my dialog (File/New) is different.
> The tabpage "Target" is missing.
>
> If i try to use "Project/Add New Target..."
> i get an error after confirming the dialog.
>
> Maybe i´m doing something wrong?
>

> greetings,
> Frank Ziegler
> michael martin GmbH
>
> (I´m using Alaska 1.82.294 and VX20 2.0.335)
>

> I attached the following pictures:
>
> "File/New" (missing Targetpage)
>

> "Project/Add New Target..."
>

> Error after "OK"

Frank ZieglerRe: New Target - Page is missing (with Pics!)
on Mon, 26 Jan 2004 10:32:10 +0100
Hi Andreas,
thanks!

I tried the 1. solution.
After invoking vx20 -cr nothing happend.
But i can see vx20.exe running in the task-manager with
100% CPU-usage. Its running endless.

After that i used solution 2.
Now it works all fine.

Thanks a lot!
Frank
Andreas Herdt Re: New Target - Page is missing (with Pics!)
on Mon, 26 Jan 2004 12:24:55 +0100
Frank Ziegler wrote:

> Hi Andreas,
> thank´s!
>
> I tried the 1. solution.
> After invoking vx20 -cr nothing happend.
> But i can see vx20.exe running in the task-manager with
> 100% CPU-usage. It´s running endless.

It is not clear why the vx20 utility is not able to delete
the registry key under some circumstances. I have it on my
list and work on it.

> After that i used solution 2.
> Now it works all fine.

Puh....