Alaska Software Inc. - What Xbase dialect is this ?
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: What Xbase dialect is this ?
Jack DuijfWhat Xbase dialect is this ?
on Fri, 20 Jul 2018 15:52:29 +0200
Hello,

I am asked to convert some VERRY old Xbase.prg code to Xbase++
Most of the code i do understand, but some command fail to compile.

I am sure it is not clipper code,
Can anyone give me a hint what language this is, and point met to the alternative Xbase++ function?

activate menu &hfd_menu pad &pad_menu
define bar pop_bar of &pop_name prompt " "+trim(m_prompt)+" " message trim(m_message)
define menu &men_name message m_message
define pad &def_name of &men_name at m_row, m_col-1 prompt " "+trim(m_prompt)+" " message trim(m_message)
on selection popup &pop_name do &pop_name
return to master

set color of normal      to w+/b
set color of highlight   to gr+/bg
set color of messages    to w/br
set color of titles      to gr+/bg
set color of box         to gr+/br
set color of information to gr+/bg
set color of fields      to gr+/bg

set CURRENCY LEFT
set CURRENCY TO "Ÿ"
set DISPLAY  TO EGA25
set HOURS TO 24
set POINT TO ","
set SEPARATOR TO "."
set AUTOSAVE ON

@13,69 say "o" color g/b   (Notice the color is not a string)

Regards
Jack Duijf

Also a member off the XXP (http://www.xxp.nl)

---
Deze e-mail is gecontroleerd op virussen door AVG.
http://www.avg.com
Anand GuptaRe: What Xbase dialect is this ?
on Sat, 21 Jul 2018 19:21:07 +0200
Jack Duijf wrote in message news:9hp3ld1vbidg14ucsbahocv8ubblefo7bs@4ax.com...
>Hello,
>
>I am asked to convert some VERRY old Xbase.prg code to Xbase++
>Most of the code i do understand, but some command fail to compile.
>
>I am sure it is not clipper code,
>Can anyone give me a hint what language this is, and point met to the
alternative Xbase++ function?

>activate menu &hfd_menu pad &pad_menu
>define bar pop_bar of &pop_name prompt " "+trim(m_prompt)+" " message
trim(m_message)
>define menu &men_name message m_message
>define pad &def_name of &men_name at m_row, m_col-1 prompt "
"+trim(m_prompt)+" " message trim(m_message)
>on selection popup &pop_name do &pop_name
>return to master

This is Foxpro code.
This code is creating top menu bar.

You have to re-write using Xbase++ codes or better use TopDown.

Regards,

Anand