Alaska Software Inc. - regclass.zip
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: regclass.zip
Steven Schefferregclass.zip
on Wed, 16 Mar 2022 23:04:17 +0100
I am looking for regclass.zip but cannot find it
www.software-braun.de/dl/regclass.zip does not exists.
Is there an alternatieve download location?

Regards,
Steven
Boris BorzicRe: regclass.zip
on Thu, 17 Mar 2022 00:54:01 +0100
Steven Scheffer wrote in news:90262d5$388c7641$57ecb@news.alaska-
software.com:

> I am looking for regclass.zip but cannot find it
> www.software-braun.de/dl/regclass.zip does not exists.
> Is there an alternatieve download location?

I don't know about this regclass.zip file, but if all you need are
functions to read/write to windows registry, you can use the 2 functions
included in Xb2.NET:

xbRegQuery( nHKey, cSubKey, cEntryName )
    	returns xValue

xbRegWrite( nHKey, cSubKey, cEntryName, xValue )
    	returns lSuccess

Best regards,
Boris Borzic

http://xb2.net
http://sqlexpress.net
industrial strength Xbase++ development tools
Itai Ben-ArtziRe: regclass.zip
on Sat, 11 Jun 2022 12:56:28 -0700
Boris,
Please document these functions, preferably, with added sample(s).
Thanks.
Thomas BraunRe: regclass.zip
on Mon, 13 Jun 2022 08:58:35 +0200
Itai Ben-Artzi wrote:

> Boris,
> Please document these functions, preferably, with added sample(s).
> Thanks.

> xbRegQuery( nHKey, cSubKey, cEntryName )
>     	returns xValue
>
> xbRegWrite( nHKey, cSubKey, cEntryName, xValue )
>     	returns lSuccess

Most likely, nHKey corresponds to these defines from my regclass.ch, which
are taken directly from the Windows API header files:

#define HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE  0x80000002
#define HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT   0x80000000
#define HKEY_USERS          0x80000003
#define HKEY_CURRENT_USER   0x80000001
#define HKEY_NO_KEY         0x00000000
#define HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG 0x80000005
#define HKEY_DYN_DATA       0x80000006

All other parameters should be self-explanatory.

best Thomas
Boris BorzicRe: regclass.zip
on Wed, 15 Jun 2022 20:35:05 +0200
Thomas Braun wrote in news:1791ji6m4zmcb$.1h2tl790da8tj$.dlg@40tude.net:

>> xbRegQuery( nHKey, cSubKey, cEntryName )
>>          returns xValue
>>
>> xbRegWrite( nHKey, cSubKey, cEntryName, xValue )
>>          returns lSuccess
>
> Most likely, nHKey corresponds to these defines from my regclass.ch,
> which are taken directly from the Windows API header files:
>
> #define HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE  0x80000002
> #define HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT   0x80000000
> #define HKEY_USERS          0x80000003
> #define HKEY_CURRENT_USER   0x80000001
> #define HKEY_NO_KEY         0x00000000
> #define HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG 0x80000005
> #define HKEY_DYN_DATA       0x80000006
>
> All other parameters should be self-explanatory.

Confirm

Best regards,
Boris Borzic

http://xb2.net
http://sqlexpress.net
industrial strength Xbase++ development tools
Jonathan LeemingRe: regclass.zip
on Wed, 16 Mar 2022 19:08:56 -0600
On 3/16/2022 4:04 PM, Steven Scheffer wrote:
> I am looking for regclass.zip but cannot find it
> www.software-braun.de/dl/regclass.zip does not exists.
> Is there an alternatieve download location?
>
> Regards,
> Steven
Hi Steven,

I downloaded the attached a number of years ago from Thomas Braun's site
http://www.software-braun.de

Reading through the readme.txt file it appears to have been released to
the public domain.

I don't know if it's the most recent version (files from 2001) but
hopefully it will help.

Regards... Jonathan

regclass.zip
Matej JuracRe: regclass.zip
on Thu, 17 Mar 2022 07:56:58 +0100
thnx

I checked and site is archived @Arhive.org too

one of snapshots:

https://web.archive.org/web/20180831190115/http://www.software-braun.de

Jonathan Leeming je 17.3.2022 ob 2:08 napisal:
> On 3/16/2022 4:04 PM, Steven Scheffer wrote:
>> I am looking for regclass.zip but cannot find it
>> www.software-braun.de/dl/regclass.zip does not exists.
>> Is there an alternatieve download location?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Steven
> Hi Steven,
>
> I downloaded the attached a number of years ago from Thomas Braun's site
> http://www.software-braun.de
>
> Reading through the readme.txt file it appears to have been released to
> the public domain.
>
> I don't know if it's the most recent version (files from 2001) but
> hopefully it will help.
>
> Regards... Jonathan
Steven SchefferRe: regclass.zip
on Thu, 17 Mar 2022 11:59:10 +0100
>I don't know if it's the most recent version (files from 2001) but hopefully it will help.

Thanks that is the file I was looking for.

Regards,
Steven
Thomas BraunRe: regclass.zip
on Wed, 23 Mar 2022 10:55:11 +0100
Jonathan Leeming wrote:

> I don't know if it's the most recent version (files from 2001) but
> hopefully it will help.

Yes, that should be the most recent version...

@Steven: In case of questions, feel free to contact me.

best
Thomas