Alaska Software Inc. - WIndows 10 MAPI error
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: WIndows 10 MAPI error
Thomas PoolWIndows 10 MAPI error
on Tue, 01 Nov 2016 14:02:01 +0100
Hi All,

Has anyone a clue why in Windows 10 the default mail client is not
recognized when sending an email via MAPI? It results in Error: FAILURE.

Thanks & regards, Thomas J. Pool
Thomas PoolRe: WIndows 10 MAPI error
on Thu, 03 Nov 2016 13:48:08 +0100
Could it be that SocMapi.dll is not compatible with Windows 10 ?

Regards, Thomas

Op Tue, 01 Nov 2016 14:02:01 +0100 schreef Thomas Pool:

> Hi All,
> 
> Has anyone a clue why in Windows 10 the default mail client is not
> recognized when sending an email via MAPI? It results in Error: FAILURE.
> 
> Thanks & regards, Thomas J. Pool
Edgar Borger Re: WIndows 10 MAPI error
on Tue, 08 Nov 2016 10:39:27 -0200
I had problems with V64 of office....
I used activex instead, like this:





PROCEDURE SendMail( cAdresses, cSubject, cMessage, cAttachments )
local nFlag        :=  NOFLAG
local nErr

	 SocMapiI()

     if  DllExecuteCall( scDLLSocMapiIsLoggedOn  ) == 0
         if (nErr := DllExecuteCall(scDLLSocMapiLogon)) != SUCCESS_SUCCESS
             MailOut( cAdresses, cSubject, cMessage, cAttachments )
             return
         endif
     endif

...
...
...

//***************************************************************************

FUNCTION MailOut( cAdresses, cSubject, cMessage, cAttachments )

    LOCAL oSesion, oMensaj, oAttach, oRecipi

    oSesion := CreateObject( "Outlook.Application" )
    oMensaj := oSesion:CreateItem(0)
    oAttach := oMensaj:Attachments
    oRecipi := oMensaj:Recipients

    oMensaj:Subject := cSubject
    oMensaj:Body    := cMessage

    oRecipi:Add( cAdresses )
    oAttach:Add( cAttachments )

    oMensaj:Display()

    oMensaj:Destroy()
    oSesion:Destroy()

RETURN( .t. )


Em 03/11/2016 10:48, Thomas Pool escreveu:
>
> Could it be that SocMapi.dll is not compatible with Windows 10 ?
>
> Regards, Thomas
>
> Op Tue, 01 Nov 2016 14:02:01 +0100 schreef Thomas Pool:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Has anyone a clue why in Windows 10 the default mail client is not
>> recognized when sending an email via MAPI? It results in Error: FAILURE.
>>
>> Thanks & regards, Thomas J. Pool


Edgar Borger
Softsupply Informatica Ltda.
Rua Alagoas, 48
Sao Paulo, SP
01242-000
Tel   : (5511) 3159-1997
Email : softsupply@terra.com.br
Thomas PoolRe: WIndows 10 MAPI error
on Wed, 09 Nov 2016 14:14:42 +0100
Hello Edgar,

Thanks for the solution!
I don't use Outlook and not familiar with ActiveX...

Can  oSesion := CreateObject( "Outlook.Application" ) be changed to 

oSesion := CreateObject( "Thunderbird.Application" ) or 

oSesion := CreateObject( "Mailbird.Application" )

Thanks & regards, Thomas

Op Tue, 08 Nov 2016 10:39:27 -0200 schreef Edgar Borger:

> I had problems with V64 of office....
> I used activex instead, like this:
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> PROCEDURE SendMail( cAdresses, cSubject, cMessage, cAttachments )
> local nFlag        :=  NOFLAG
> local nErr
> 
> 	 SocMapiI()
> 
>      if  DllExecuteCall( scDLLSocMapiIsLoggedOn  ) == 0
>          if (nErr := DllExecuteCall(scDLLSocMapiLogon)) != SUCCESS_SUCCESS
>              MailOut( cAdresses, cSubject, cMessage, cAttachments )
>              return
>          endif
>      endif
> 
> ...
> ...
> ...
> 
> //***************************************************************************
> 
> FUNCTION MailOut( cAdresses, cSubject, cMessage, cAttachments )
> 
>     LOCAL oSesion, oMensaj, oAttach, oRecipi
> 
>     oSesion := CreateObject( "Outlook.Application" )
>     oMensaj := oSesion:CreateItem(0)
>     oAttach := oMensaj:Attachments
>     oRecipi := oMensaj:Recipients
> 
>     oMensaj:Subject := cSubject
>     oMensaj:Body    := cMessage
> 
>     oRecipi:Add( cAdresses )
>     oAttach:Add( cAttachments )
> 
>     oMensaj:Display()
> 
>     oMensaj:Destroy()
>     oSesion:Destroy()
> 
> RETURN( .t. )
> 
> 
> Em 03/11/2016 10:48, Thomas Pool escreveu:
>>
>> Could it be that SocMapi.dll is not compatible with Windows 10 ?
>>
>> Regards, Thomas
>>
>> Op Tue, 01 Nov 2016 14:02:01 +0100 schreef Thomas Pool:
>>
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> Has anyone a clue why in Windows 10 the default mail client is not
>>> recognized when sending an email via MAPI? It results in Error: FAILURE.
>>>
>>> Thanks & regards, Thomas J. Pool
Edgar Borger Re: WIndows 10 MAPI error
on Wed, 09 Nov 2016 12:42:45 -0200
Hi Thomas,

the problem only arises with Office V64, you don't need it with Thunderbird, I have not tested with Mailbird, but I suppose you don't need it to, 
anyhow you would need and activeX component of either of them, I am not sure there is one.....

Regards,
Edgar


Em 09/11/2016 11:14, Thomas Pool escreveu:
>
> Hello Edgar,
>
> Thanks for the solution!
> I don't use Outlook and not familiar with ActiveX...
>
> Can  oSesion := CreateObject( "Outlook.Application" ) be changed to
>
> oSesion := CreateObject( "Thunderbird.Application" ) or
>
> oSesion := CreateObject( "Mailbird.Application" )
>
> Thanks & regards, Thomas
>
> Op Tue, 08 Nov 2016 10:39:27 -0200 schreef Edgar Borger:
>
>> I had problems with V64 of office....
>> I used activex instead, like this:
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> PROCEDURE SendMail( cAdresses, cSubject, cMessage, cAttachments )
>> local nFlag        :=  NOFLAG
>> local nErr
>>
>> 	 SocMapiI()
>>
>>      if  DllExecuteCall( scDLLSocMapiIsLoggedOn  ) == 0
>>          if (nErr := DllExecuteCall(scDLLSocMapiLogon)) != SUCCESS_SUCCESS
>>              MailOut( cAdresses, cSubject, cMessage, cAttachments )
>>              return
>>          endif
>>      endif
>>
>> ...
>> ...
>> ...
>>
>> //***************************************************************************
>>
>> FUNCTION MailOut( cAdresses, cSubject, cMessage, cAttachments )
>>
>>     LOCAL oSesion, oMensaj, oAttach, oRecipi
>>
>>     oSesion := CreateObject( "Outlook.Application" )
>>     oMensaj := oSesion:CreateItem(0)
>>     oAttach := oMensaj:Attachments
>>     oRecipi := oMensaj:Recipients
>>
>>     oMensaj:Subject := cSubject
>>     oMensaj:Body    := cMessage
>>
>>     oRecipi:Add( cAdresses )
>>     oAttach:Add( cAttachments )
>>
>>     oMensaj:Display()
>>
>>     oMensaj:Destroy()
>>     oSesion:Destroy()
>>
>> RETURN( .t. )
>>
>>
>> Em 03/11/2016 10:48, Thomas Pool escreveu:
>>>
>>> Could it be that SocMapi.dll is not compatible with Windows 10 ?
>>>
>>> Regards, Thomas
>>>
>>> Op Tue, 01 Nov 2016 14:02:01 +0100 schreef Thomas Pool:
>>>
>>>> Hi All,
>>>>
>>>> Has anyone a clue why in Windows 10 the default mail client is not
>>>> recognized when sending an email via MAPI? It results in Error: FAILURE.
>>>>
>>>> Thanks & regards, Thomas J. Pool


Edgar Borger
Softsupply Informatica Ltda.
Rua Alagoas, 48
Sao Paulo, SP
01242-000
Tel   : (5511) 3159-1997
Email : softsupply@terra.com.br
Jim LeeRe: WIndows 10 MAPI error
on Fri, 11 Nov 2016 19:57:05 +0100
> oSesion := CreateObject( "Thunderbird.Application" ) or

this ProgID does not exist on my PC with Thunderbird reading this Newsgroup
but i found "MozillaMapi.1" which you can try

neverless i switch from SocMapi to Pablos CLASS TMapiSendMsg with ot4xb
search in www.xbwin.com or ask in Pablos Newsgroup for Source.
Thomas PoolRe: WIndows 10 MAPI error
on Mon, 14 Nov 2016 18:00:19 +0100
Hello Jim,

It took some time to find the TMapiSendMsg example...

I tested with Live Mail, Thunderbird and Mailbird, and works all ok,
however the apps have differances in processing the to-be-send email: Live
Mail stocks the email for sending, Mailbird opens the email in editor and
Thunderbird sends it directly. 
It doesn't work with Windows 10 Mail. I have the impression that is has no
MAPI interface: in the Windows default apps settings (per app) there is no
MAPI-setting. Live Mail, Mailbird and Thunderbird do have MAPI-settings
(see attachment).

Anyway, many thanks for the tip!

Kind regards, Thomas 




Op Fri, 11 Nov 2016 19:57:05 +0100 schreef Jim Lee:

>> oSesion := CreateObject( "Thunderbird.Application" ) or
> 
> this ProgID does not exist on my PC with Thunderbird reading this Newsgroup
> but i found "MozillaMapi.1" which you can try
> 
> neverless i switch from SocMapi to Pablos CLASS TMapiSendMsg with ot4xb
> search in www.xbwin.com or ask in Pablos Newsgroup for Source.


mailsettings.png