Alaska Software Inc. - Windows.Devices.Geolocation How to use
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: Windows.Devices.Geolocation How to use
Jack DuijfWindows.Devices.Geolocation How to use
on Sat, 22 Jan 2022 18:45:14 +0100
Hello,

I an requested to obtain the most acurate geolocation in my Xbase++
application.
I found this on microsoft website:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/uwp/maps-and-location/get-location

I Try:
   oLocation := XbpActiveXControl():New(SELF, , {0,0}, aSize)
   oLocation:CLSID  := "Windows.Devices.Geolocation"
,
   oLocation:CLSID  := "Devices.Geolocation"
,
   oLocation:CLSID  := "Geolocation"

In all cases is fails to oLocation:Create()

Does enyone can help me ?

Regards,
Jack Duijf
Andreas Gehrs-Pahl
Re: Windows.Devices.Geolocation How to use
on Sat, 22 Jan 2022 19:39:02 -0500
Jack,

>https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/uwp/maps-and-location/get-location

This documentation is part of the UWP (Universal Windows Platform), so it
can't be used by Xbase++ (or other Desktop/Win32 API) programs.

Instead, look at the Active-X COM-Interfaces of the Location API:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/locationapi/com-interfaces

So, you should be able to use:

oLocation := CreateObject("LocationApi")

Hope that helps,

Andreas

Andreas Gehrs-Pahl
Absolute Software, LLC

phone: (989) 723-9927
email: Andreas@AbsoluteSoftwareLLC.com
web:   http://www.AbsoluteSoftwareLLC.com
[L]:   https://www.LinkedIn.com/in/AndreasGehrsPahl
[F]:   https://www.FaceBook.com/AbsoluteSoftwareLLC
Jack DuijfRe: Windows.Devices.Geolocation How to use
on Mon, 24 Jan 2022 14:00:41 +0100
Hello Andreas,

Thank you,
I was not aware of this,  i wil dive in to this.

Reagrds,
Jack Duijf