Alaska Software Inc. - GetNoIvar cannot be nested
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: GetNoIvar cannot be nested
Michael HoffmannGetNoIvar cannot be nested
on Tue, 14 Mar 2017 12:16:51 +0100
This doesn't work:

CLASS A
  EXPORTED:
    METHOD GetNoIVar
ENDCLASS

METHOD A:GetNoIVar
LOCAL o := B():New()
RETURN o:x

CLASS B
  EXPORTED:
    METHOD GetNoIVar
ENDCLASS

METHOD B:GetNoIVar
RETURN "Dang."

FUNCTION Main
MsgBox(A():New():x)
RETURN NIL
Andreas Gehrs-Pahl
Re: GetNoIvar cannot be nested
on Tue, 14 Mar 2017 09:25:30 -0400
Michael,

>This doesn't work:

In all Xbase++ versions from 2.00.483 on, "Dang." will be displayed, which
is exactly what I would expect.

As Class A and Class B aren't related in any way, and Object O isn't even
an Instance Variable of Class A, but just a local Variable, there doesn't
seem to be any nesting involved, either.

I could be missing the point, though, so maybe you can tell us what result
you were expecting, if it wasn't "Dang." I use the GetNoIVar functionality
all the time -- my AGP_DataObjects actually depend on it -- and I haven't
noticed any issues with it.

Intrigued,

Andreas

Andreas Gehrs-Pahl
Absolute Software, LLC

phone: (989) 723-9927
email: Andreas@AbsoluteSoftwareLLC.com
web:   http://www.AbsoluteSoftwareLLC.com
[F]:   https://www.facebook.com/AbsoluteSoftwareLLC
Michael HoffmannRe: GetNoIvar cannot be nested
on Wed, 15 Mar 2017 16:08:04 +0100
Hello Andreas,
looks like I have a reason to use my 2.x compiler from now on. I've
bought it but so far I was too happy with 1.9 to switch all my
applications and dlls.
Thanks a lot!
Michael