Alaska Software Inc. - Windows Ribbons
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: Windows Ribbons
Michael HoffmannWindows Ribbons
on Sun, 30 Apr 2017 09:15:30 +0200
Hello fellow Xbase++ programmers,
I've been working on integrating my Xbase++ applications with the O/S
ribbons (available since Windows 7) for six weeks now. I've reached a
stage where I can safely use them in my productive applications. Being
based on COM techniques for communicating with the host application they
were tailor-made for the Cockpit COM and GUI libraries. If there's
sufficient interest they could be made available for the native Xbase++
GUI. To give you an impression what your application could look like
with a ribbon I've uploaded the test program (executable and source) I
used for exploring the ribbon behavior. If you're interested, let me
know. The program was compiled using 1.90.355.
Best regards
Michael

Here are the links:

   Directly to the download of the zip file:
    http://www.xcockpit.com/files/RibZip.zip

   Download area of Cockpit website:
    http://www.xcockpit.com/download.html
    (Pick "Temporary Downloads / Windows Ribbon Sample Application")

    Official MS ribbon documentation website:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/dd742866(v=vs.85).aspx

Screenshot.png
Thomas BraunRe: Windows Ribbons
on Wed, 03 May 2017 09:59:22 +0200
Michael Hoffmann wrote:

> Hello fellow Xbase++ programmers,
> I've been working on integrating my Xbase++ applications with the O/S
> ribbons (available since Windows 7) for six weeks now. I've reached a
> stage where I can safely use them in my productive applications. Being

Hi Michael,

looks truely amazing - well done

Thomas