Alaska Software Inc. - :genCode error number
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: :genCode error number
Carlos A Beling :genCode error number
on Fri, 21 Feb 2020 20:17:21 -0300
Hello:
good evening.
I tried to open a DBF using DbUsearea() using a wrong DBE and I got te
oError:genCode == 404. I looked for what it means and I found nothing.
Please, what that error means and what is the :gencode that is generated
in this case?
Another question: when XPP_ERR_OPEN is generated when trying open an
file already open in exclusive mode? In this case, what oErr:osCode
contains?

Fraternally
Beling
Jim LeeRe: :genCode error number
on Sat, 22 Feb 2020 00:52:46 +0100
hi,

> I tried to open a DBF using DbUsearea() using a wrong DBE and I got te
> oError:genCode == 404. I looked for what it means and I found nothing.
> Please, what that error means and what is the :gencode that is generated
> in this case?
> Another question: when XPP_ERR_OPEN is generated when trying open an
> file already open in exclusive mode? In this case, what oErr:osCode
> contains?

Field errors (Presumably DBE specific):
404  *  ---                           Unknown/Illegal field type

GEN_CODE.ZIP
Carlos A Beling Re: :genCode error number
on Sat, 22 Feb 2020 16:38:32 -0300
Hi Jim:
good evening.
Many thanks.
I am trying to know if a DBF could not be opened by the used DBE.

Fraternally
Beling

On 21/02/2020 20:52, Jim Lee wrote:
> hi,
>
>> I tried to open a DBF using DbUsearea() using a wrong DBE and I got te
>> oError:genCode == 404. I looked for what it means and I found nothing.
>> Please, what that error means and what is the :gencode that is generated
>> in this case?
>> Another question: when XPP_ERR_OPEN is generated when trying open an
>> file already open in exclusive mode? In this case, what oErr:osCode
>> contains?
>
> Field errors (Presumably DBE specific):
> 404  *  ---                           Unknown/Illegal field type

Andreas Gehrs-Pahl
Re: :genCode error number
on Sat, 22 Feb 2020 11:39:49 -0500
Carlos,

>I tried to open a DBF using DbUsearea() using a wrong DBE and I got te
>oError:genCode == 404. I looked for what it means and I found nothing.

GenCode 404 means: Unknown/Illegal field type

>Please, what that error means and what is the :gencode that is generated
>in this case?

GenCode will be 404, and it means that the DBE you used (probably DBFDBE)
can't handle the existing field type(s) (which probably require FOXDBE).

>Another question: when XPP_ERR_OPEN is generated when trying open an
>file already open in exclusive mode? In this case, what oErr:osCode
>contains?

In that case, the OS Error is usually 32: Sharing violation

Which is more precisely: ERROR_SHARING_VIOLATION -- "The process cannot
access the file because it is being used by another process."

For a (more or less) comprehensive list of error codes and error messages,
see here:

	http://AbsoluteSoftwareLLC.com/Downloads.htm

Hope that helps,

Andreas

Andreas Gehrs-Pahl
Absolute Software, LLC

phone: (989) 723-9927
email: Andreas@AbsoluteSoftwareLLC.com
web:   http://www.AbsoluteSoftwareLLC.com
[F]:   https://www.facebook.com/AbsoluteSoftwareLLC
Carlos A Beling Re: :genCode error number
on Sat, 22 Feb 2020 16:41:27 -0300
Hi Andreas.
Good evening.
Many thanks again and again.