Alaska Software Inc. - :printerstatus() doubt
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: :printerstatus() doubt
Carlos A Beling :printerstatus() doubt
on Wed, 06 Mar 2019 09:14:41 -0300
Good morning.
They are many threads in the NGs about the method :printerstatus() that
shows how to use it after the method XbpPrinter:create() to be executed,
and I did not see in the theads the method :printerStatus() to be used
during the printing process.
Please, are the questions below procedent or not?
1) is it needed to use the method :printerstatus() before the methods
:newpage(), :endpage() and :enddoc()?
2) if yes, the method :printerstatus() must to be used before, after or
recursevely?
3) if the :printerstatus() is not tested a runtime error occurs?
4) are thePDF printers always ready for to use after execution of the
method XbpPrinter:create()?

Fraternally
Beling
Jim LeeRe: :printerstatus() doubt
on Sun, 10 Mar 2019 09:10:55 +0100
hi,

> 1) is it needed to use the method :printerstatus() before the methods
> :newpage(), :endpage() and :enddoc()?
> 2) if yes, the method :printerstatus() must to be used before, after or
> recursevely?
> 3) if the :printerstatus() is not tested a runtime error occurs?
> 4) are thePDF printers always ready for to use after execution of the
> method XbpPrinter:create()?

hi

i do test printerstatus() only when create PrinterPS() and before every new
Page

   oDC := oPrinter:device()             use Device not Object !
   nStatus := oDC:PrinterStatus()
   DO CASE
      CASE nStatus == 1

we had a long Diskussion how to create PrinterPS

29. Januar 2008
public.xbase++.generic
xbpprinter printerstatus

FUNCTION PRINTERPS( cPrinter, nCopies, nPaperBin )
LOCAL oDC    := XBPPRINTER() :New()
   IF oDC:Create( cPrinter ) == oDC      = self
   ELSE
      MSGBOX( "! Drucker ist Offline !" )
      BREAK
   ENDIF
   nStatus := oDC:PrinterStatus()
RETURN oPS

IMHO it is a Difference how to create Printer Object to get
o:PrinterStatus()
you can always create a Printer Object even if Printer does not exist.
but if Printer does not exist you can't assign it as Device
so it is not Printer Object it is Printer:Device() which have a Status

about PDF : all goes to Spooler so it is never "Offline"

---
http://www.avg.com
Carlos A Beling Re: :printerstatus() doubt
on Tue, 12 Mar 2019 11:25:18 -0300
Hello JIm.
Good morning.
Many thanks.
I use :printerStatus() before evey command to the printer because I
think that it can becomes unready in any time.

Fraternally.
Beling