Alaska Software Inc. - XppRef.hlp
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: XppRef.hlp
Carlos A Beling XppRef.hlp
on Wed, 20 May 2020 11:30:12 -0300
Good day.
I searched for Generic Presentation Parameters in the Xpp 20
documentation and I found nothing about it.
This topic is very well documented in the XppRef.hlp (attached for
testing purpose) from Xbase++ 1.90.
In Windows 7 I was using HH.EXE for opening it.
After installing Windows 10, neither HH.Exe nor Winhlp32.exe worked.
Then I downloaded the attached file Win10-Hlp... and I could not install it.
Please, how can I open the XppRef.hlp?

Fraternally
Beling

Win10-Hlp32-Fix.zip
help19.zip
Jonathan LeemingRe: XppRef.hlp
on Wed, 20 May 2020 09:43:41 -0600
On 5/20/2020 8:30 AM, Carlos A Beling wrote:
> Good day.
> I searched for Generic Presentation Parameters in the Xpp 20
> documentation and I found nothing about it.
> This topic is very well documented in the XppRef.hlp (attached for
> testing purpose) from Xbase++ 1.90.
> In Windows 7 I was using HH.EXE for opening it.
> After installing Windows 10, neither HH.Exe nor Winhlp32.exe worked.
> Then I downloaded the attached file Win10-Hlp... and I could not install
> it.
> Please, how can I open the XppRef.hlp?
>
> Fraternally
> Beling
Hi,

I just copied the XppRef.hlp file to a Windows 10 PC that did not have
the WinHlp32.exe fix installed and when I clicked on it a browser opened
up with a number of down load options for various versions of Windows.
I did not see a Windows 10 option so I copied Win10-Hlp32-Fix.zip from
my development machine... unzipped it and ran the install.cmd as
administrator.  Once install I could then open the XppRef.hlp file.

I have attached this same Win10-Hlp32-Fix.zip file so hopefully it works
for you as well.

Regards... Jonathan

jonathan.leeming@familycentre.org
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Win10-Hlp32-Fix.zip
Carlos A Beling Re: XppRef.hlp
on Wed, 20 May 2020 17:26:49 -0300
Hello Jonathan.
Good evening.
Many many thanks.
It worked fine.
Unfortunately Xbase++ 2.0 does not have the very importante
documentation of the Generic Parameters.

Fraternally
Beling

On 20/05/2020 12:43, Jonathan Leeming wrote:
> On 5/20/2020 8:30 AM, Carlos A Beling wrote:
>> Good day.
>> I searched for Generic Presentation Parameters in the Xpp 20
>> documentation and I found nothing about it.
>> This topic is very well documented in the XppRef.hlp (attached for
>> testing purpose) from Xbase++ 1.90.
>> In Windows 7 I was using HH.EXE for opening it.
>> After installing Windows 10, neither HH.Exe nor Winhlp32.exe worked.
>> Then I downloaded the attached file Win10-Hlp... and I could not
>> install it.
>> Please, how can I open the XppRef.hlp?
>>
>> Fraternally
>> Beling
> Hi,
>
> I just copied the XppRef.hlp file to a Windows 10 PC that did not have
> the WinHlp32.exe fix installed and when I clicked on it a browser opened
> up with a number of down load options for various versions of Windows. I
> did not see a Windows 10 option so I copied Win10-Hlp32-Fix.zip from my
> development machine... unzipped it and ran the install.cmd as
> administrator.  Once install I could then open the XppRef.hlp file.
>
> I have attached this same Win10-Hlp32-Fix.zip file so hopefully it works
> for you as well.
>
> Regards... Jonathan

Jonathan LeemingRe: XppRef.hlp
on Wed, 20 May 2020 15:46:29 -0600
On 5/20/2020 2:26 PM, Carlos A Beling wrote:
> Hello Jonathan.
> Good evening.
> Many many thanks.
> It worked fine.
> Unfortunately Xbase++ 2.0 does not have the very importante
> documentation of the Generic Parameters.
>
> Fraternally
> Beling
>
> On 20/05/2020 12:43, Jonathan Leeming wrote:
>> On 5/20/2020 8:30 AM, Carlos A Beling wrote:
>>> Good day.
>>> I searched for Generic Presentation Parameters in the Xpp 20
>>> documentation and I found nothing about it.
>>> This topic is very well documented in the XppRef.hlp (attached for
>>> testing purpose) from Xbase++ 1.90.
>>> In Windows 7 I was using HH.EXE for opening it.
>>> After installing Windows 10, neither HH.Exe nor Winhlp32.exe worked.
>>> Then I downloaded the attached file Win10-Hlp... and I could not
>>> install it.
>>> Please, how can I open the XppRef.hlp?
>>>
>>> Fraternally
>>> Beling
>> Hi,
>>
>> I just copied the XppRef.hlp file to a Windows 10 PC that did not have
>> the WinHlp32.exe fix installed and when I clicked on it a browser
>> opened up with a number of down load options for various versions of
>> Windows. I did not see a Windows 10 option so I copied
>> Win10-Hlp32-Fix.zip from my development machine... unzipped it and ran
>> the install.cmd as administrator.  Once install I could then open the
>> XppRef.hlp file.
>>
>> I have attached this same Win10-Hlp32-Fix.zip file so hopefully it
>> works for you as well.
>>
>> Regards... Jonathan

Hi,

If I need something specific to 2.0 or a component that has evolved I
would obviously go to the 2.0 CHM help file but I still prefer the HLP
format and "Class Tree" button to focus on IVars, Methods & Callbacks.

Glad it worked... Jonathan

jonathan.leeming@familycentre.org
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Carlos A Beling Re: XppRef.hlp
on Thu, 21 May 2020 11:12:43 -0300
Hello Jonathan:
Good day.
I do it too.
Could you please, tell me where can I find the Presentation Parameters
documentation in 2.0?

Fraternally
Beling