Alaska Software Inc. - application not ending
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: application not ending
Edgar Borger application not ending
on Wed, 21 Feb 2018 16:40:46 -0300
Hi,

since last updates on windows (10 and 2012R2 and maybe others) my application is not ending totally, in my main procedure I end with

Close All
Release All
Return

which always terminated the program, now the program disappears from the screen, but if I go to task manager, it is still active there, and I have to
"Finalize Task" in order to completely terminate the program.

xbase 1.90 SL1
Windows 10

any clues ?

Thanks and regards,
Edgar

Edgar Borger
Softsupply Informatica Ltda.
Rua Alagoas, 48
Sao Paulo, SP
01242-000
Tel   : (5511) 3159-1997
Email : softsupply@terra.com.br
Anand GuptaRe: application not ending
on Thu, 22 Feb 2018 10:53:52 +0100
Hi Edgar,

Long time ago I faced this type of problem in Xbase++ 1.5. Since then I add
'Quit' as last line where I want the app. to end.

i.e. (in your example)
Close All
Release All
QUIT
Return

Regards,

Anand

Edgar Borger <eborger@terra.com.br> wrote in message
>Hi,
>
>since last updates on windows (10 and 2012R2 and maybe others) my application
is not ending totally, in my main procedure I end with

>Close All
>Release All
>Return
>
>which always terminated the program, now the program disappears from the
screen, but if I go to task manager, it is still active there, and I have to
>"Finalize Task" in order to completely terminate the program.
>
>xbase 1.90 SL1
>Windows 10
>

>any clues ?
>
>Thanks and regards,
>Edgar
Edgar Borger Re: application not ending
on Thu, 22 Feb 2018 12:05:17 -0300
Hi Anand,

thanks, but I tried that and has the same effect as return, the program does not totally ends....

just happened to me here in my local machine, no SQL, no network involved, just a small test program running locally in my machine, windows 10 - 1709

Regards,
Edgar

Em 22/02/2018 06:53, Anand Gupta escreveu:
> Hi Edgar,
>
> Long time ago I faced this type of problem in Xbase++ 1.5. Since then I add
> 'Quit' as last line where I want the app. to end.
>
> i.e. (in your example)
> Close All
> Release All
> QUIT
> Return
>
> Regards,
>
> Anand
>
> Edgar Borger <eborger@terra.com.br> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> since last updates on windows (10 and 2012R2 and maybe others) my application
> is not ending totally, in my main procedure I end with
>>
>> Close All
>> Release All
>> Return
>>
>> which always terminated the program, now the program disappears from the
> screen, but if I go to task manager, it is still active there, and I have to
>> "Finalize Task" in order to completely terminate the program.
>>
>> xbase 1.90 SL1
>> Windows 10
>>

>> any clues ?
>>
>> Thanks and regards,
>> Edgar

Edgar Borger
Softsupply Informatica Ltda.
Rua Alagoas, 48
Sao Paulo, SP
01242-000
Tel   : (5511) 3159-1997
Email : softsupply@terra.com.br
Carlos a Beling Re: application not ending
on Thu, 22 Feb 2018 14:53:51 -0300
Hello Edgar.
Good afternoon.
Did you already try to debug the program?
Do you have an AppExit() function?
Does it has some thread running?

Fraternally
Beling

Em 22/02/2018 12:05, Edgar Borger escreveu:
> Hi Anand,
>
> thanks, but I tried that and has the same effect as return, the program
> does not totally ends....
>
> just happened to me here in my local machine, no SQL, no network
> involved, just a small test program running locally in my machine,
> windows 10 - 1709
>
> Regards,
> Edgar
>

> Em 22/02/2018 06:53, Anand Gupta escreveu:
>> Hi Edgar,
>>
>> Long time ago I faced this type of problem in Xbase++ 1.5. Since then
>> I add
>> 'Quit' as last line where I want the app. to end.
>>
>> i.e. (in your example)
>> Close All
>> Release All
>> QUIT
>> Return
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Anand
>>
>> Edgar Borger <eborger@terra.com.br> wrote in message
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> since last updates on windows (10 and 2012R2 and maybe others) my
>>> application
>> is not ending totally, in my main procedure I end with
>>>
>>> Close All
>>> Release All
>>> Return
>>>
>>> which always terminated the program, now the program disappears from the
>> screen, but if I go to task manager, it is still active there, and I
>> have to
>>> "Finalize Task" in order to completely terminate the program.
>>>
>>> xbase 1.90 SL1
>>> Windows 10
>>>

>>> any clues ?
>>>
>>> Thanks and regards,
>>> Edgar

Frank GrossheinrichRe: application not ending
on Fri, 23 Feb 2018 13:12:02 +0100
Edgar,

although this is an unpopular answer: Xbase++ 1.9 SL1 is outdated since
many years and never has been released for Windows 10. I am sorry.
Unfortunately I predict that issues between Windows and Xbase++ 1.9 will
come up more and more.

Please try with our trial if the issue persists.

Regards
Frank

On 21.02.2018 20:40, Edgar Borger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> since last updates on windows (10 and 2012R2 and maybe others) my
> application is not ending totally, in my main procedure I end with
>
> Close All
> Release All
> Return
>
> which always terminated the program, now the program disappears from the
> screen, but if I go to task manager, it is still active there, and I
> have to "Finalize Task" in order to completely terminate the program.
>
> xbase 1.90 SL1
> Windows 10
>

> any clues ?
>
> Thanks and regards,
> Edgar

Edgar Borger Re: application not ending
on Mon, 05 Mar 2018 15:26:05 -0300
Well Frank,

the bad news is it happens with xbase 2.0 also !!!!

Em 23/02/2018 09:12, Frank Grossheinrich escreveu:
> Edgar,
>
> although this is an unpopular answer: Xbase++ 1.9 SL1 is outdated since many years and never has been released for Windows 10. I am sorry.
> Unfortunately I predict that issues between Windows and Xbase++ 1.9 will come up more and more.
>
> Please try with our trial if the issue persists.
>
> Regards
> Frank
>
> On 21.02.2018 20:40, Edgar Borger wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> since last updates on windows (10 and 2012R2 and maybe others) my
>> application is not ending totally, in my main procedure I end with
>>
>> Close All
>> Release All
>> Return
>>
>> which always terminated the program, now the program disappears from the
>> screen, but if I go to task manager, it is still active there, and I
>> have to "Finalize Task" in order to completely terminate the program.
>>
>> xbase 1.90 SL1
>> Windows 10
>>

>> any clues ?
>>
>> Thanks and regards,
>> Edgar

Edgar Borger
Softsupply Informatica Ltda.
Rua Alagoas, 48
Sao Paulo, SP
01242-000
Tel   : (5511) 3159-1997
Email : softsupply@terra.com.br
Edgar Borger Re: application not ending
on Mon, 05 Mar 2018 15:32:37 -0300
as you can see from the attached screen print, pdf.exe ended (the icon in the task bar is gone) but, the task is still active in my task manager list.

any advise ?

Thanks,
Edgar

Em 05/03/2018 15:26, Edgar Borger escreveu:
> Well Frank,
>
> the bad news is it happens with xbase 2.0 also !!!!
>

> Em 23/02/2018 09:12, Frank Grossheinrich escreveu:
>> Edgar,
>>
>> although this is an unpopular answer: Xbase++ 1.9 SL1 is outdated since many years and never has been released for Windows 10. I am sorry.
>> Unfortunately I predict that issues between Windows and Xbase++ 1.9 will come up more and more.
>>
>> Please try with our trial if the issue persists.
>>
>> Regards
>> Frank
>>
>> On 21.02.2018 20:40, Edgar Borger wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> since last updates on windows (10 and 2012R2 and maybe others) my
>>> application is not ending totally, in my main procedure I end with
>>>
>>> Close All
>>> Release All
>>> Return
>>>
>>> which always terminated the program, now the program disappears from the
>>> screen, but if I go to task manager, it is still active there, and I
>>> have to "Finalize Task" in order to completely terminate the program.
>>>
>>> xbase 1.90 SL1
>>> Windows 10
>>>

>>> any clues ?
>>>
>>> Thanks and regards,
>>> Edgar

Edgar Borger
Softsupply Informatica Ltda.
Rua Alagoas, 48
Sao Paulo, SP
01242-000
Tel   : (5511) 3159-1997
Email : softsupply@terra.com.br

alaska.jpg
Jim LeeRe: application not ending
on Mon, 05 Mar 2018 23:20:53 +0100
did you use 3-PP Lib or API Call ?

there are a lot of deprecated API which still have work ... until Windows 10
Tip : try to run those Code in a Thread

> the bad news is it happens with xbase 2.0 also !!!!

i don't think that it is a Xbase++ Version Problem ... or does v1.9x have so
many deprecated API inside ?
Edgar Borger Re: application not ending
on Tue, 06 Mar 2018 13:52:14 -0300
Hi Jim,

no API calls, but I do use 3-PP libs, I will try running on a thread.

Thanks,
Edgar

Em 05/03/2018 19:20, Jim Lee escreveu:
> did you use 3-PP Lib or API Call ?
>
> there are a lot of deprecated API which still have work ... until Windows 10
> Tip : try to run those Code in a Thread
>

>> the bad news is it happens with xbase 2.0 also !!!!
>
> i don't think that it is a Xbase++ Version Problem ... or does v1.9x have so
> many deprecated API inside ?

Edgar Borger
Softsupply Informatica Ltda.
Rua Alagoas, 48
Sao Paulo, SP
01242-000
Tel   : (5511) 3159-1997
Email : softsupply@terra.com.br
Edgar Borger Re: application not ending
on Tue, 06 Mar 2018 13:57:24 -0300
same result !

Em 06/03/2018 13:52, Edgar Borger escreveu:
> Hi Jim,
>
> no API calls, but I do use 3-PP libs, I will try running on a thread.
>
> Thanks,
> Edgar
>

> Em 05/03/2018 19:20, Jim Lee escreveu:
>> did you use 3-PP Lib or API Call ?
>>
>> there are a lot of deprecated API which still have work ... until Windows 10
>> Tip : try to run those Code in a Thread
>>

>>> the bad news is it happens with xbase 2.0 also !!!!
>>
>> i don't think that it is a Xbase++ Version Problem ... or does v1.9x have so
>> many deprecated API inside ?

Edgar Borger
Softsupply Informatica Ltda.
Rua Alagoas, 48
Sao Paulo, SP
01242-000
Tel   : (5511) 3159-1997
Email : softsupply@terra.com.br
Frank GrossheinrichRe: application not ending
on Thu, 08 Mar 2018 17:20:38 +0100
Now you have my attention
Can you provide a sample?
Worst case I like to have your entire application.
Please respond to me vie email or our Technical Support.
Just one precondition: we need it with Xbase++ 2.0; I will not discuss
1.9 SL1.

Regards
Frank

On 05.03.2018 19:26, Edgar Borger wrote:
> Well Frank,
>
> the bad news is it happens with xbase 2.0 also !!!!
>

> Em 23/02/2018 09:12, Frank Grossheinrich escreveu:
>> Edgar,
>>
>> although this is an unpopular answer: Xbase++ 1.9 SL1 is outdated
>> since many years and never has been released for Windows 10. I am
>> sorry. Unfortunately I predict that issues between Windows and Xbase++
>> 1.9 will come up more and more.
>>
>> Please try with our trial if the issue persists.
>>
>> Regards
>> Frank
>>
>> On 21.02.2018 20:40, Edgar Borger wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> since last updates on windows (10 and 2012R2 and maybe others) my
>>> application is not ending totally, in my main procedure I end with
>>>
>>> Close All
>>> Release All
>>> Return
>>>
>>> which always terminated the program, now the program disappears from the
>>> screen, but if I go to task manager, it is still active there, and I
>>> have to "Finalize Task" in order to completely terminate the program.
>>>
>>> xbase 1.90 SL1
>>> Windows 10
>>>

>>> any clues ?
>>>
>>> Thanks and regards,
>>> Edgar

Edgar Borger Re: application not ending
on Thu, 08 Mar 2018 14:35:55 -0300
Hi Frank,

#pragma library("xpppdf51.lib")
#include "gra.ch"

procedure main

oPdf := xbppdf():new()
oPdf:Create('test.pdf')

oPdf:NewPage(  9,  1,  66,  80, {  595,  842 } ,  0 )
oPdf:Font( "10.Courier New" )
oPdf:Box(  0,  0,  64,  79,  0 )
oPdf:TextColor(  GRA_CLR_BLUE )
oPdf:Font( "10.Courier New" )
oPdf:Text(  0,  5, "linha 0" )
oPdf:Text(  1,  5, "linha 1" )
oPdf:Text(  2,  5, "linha 2" )
oPdf:Text(  3,  5, "linha 3" )
oPdf:Text(  4,  5, "linha 4" )

oPdf:EndDoc( .t. )

return

xpppdf51.lib is my XbpPDF class, you can download it from http://www.borger.com.br/softsupply/pdf/xpppdf51.zip

Also, it happened today with another application, with Windows 7

Best regards,
Edgar

Em 08/03/2018 13:20, Frank Grossheinrich escreveu:
> Now you have my attention
> Can you provide a sample?
> Worst case I like to have your entire application.
> Please respond to me vie email or our Technical Support.
> Just one precondition: we need it with Xbase++ 2.0; I will not discuss 1.9 SL1.
>
> Regards
> Frank
>
> On 05.03.2018 19:26, Edgar Borger wrote:
>> Well Frank,
>>
>> the bad news is it happens with xbase 2.0 also !!!!
>>

>> Em 23/02/2018 09:12, Frank Grossheinrich escreveu:
>>> Edgar,
>>>
>>> although this is an unpopular answer: Xbase++ 1.9 SL1 is outdated
>>> since many years and never has been released for Windows 10. I am
>>> sorry. Unfortunately I predict that issues between Windows and Xbase++
>>> 1.9 will come up more and more.
>>>
>>> Please try with our trial if the issue persists.
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> Frank

Edgar Borger
Softsupply Informatica Ltda.
Rua Alagoas, 48
Sao Paulo, SP
01242-000
Tel   : (5511) 3159-1997
Email : softsupply@terra.com.br
Frank GrossheinrichRe: application not ending
on Fri, 09 Mar 2018 11:44:21 +0100
Edgar,

I now tried to get the sample running for 30 minutes.
But did not succeed.
I had to search for the DLLs and it finally requests an xpppdf52.dll
(this is not a typo ... 52 and not 51). And I do not have it.

Anyway, please send me a ZIP to my personal email address which I can
run. I will dig into this than. Best would be with all (and I mean all)
sources included. This includes your xpppdf LIB and ot4xb (which I have
heard of but never used it).

Regards
Frank

On 08.03.2018 18:35, Edgar Borger wrote:
> Hi Frank,

> #pragma library("xpppdf51.lib")
> #include "gra.ch"
>
> procedure main
>
> oPdf := xbppdf():new()
> oPdf:Create('test.pdf')
>
> oPdf:NewPage(  9,  1,  66,  80, {  595,  842 } ,  0 )
> oPdf:Font( "10.Courier New" )
> oPdf:Box(  0,  0,  64,  79,  0 )
> oPdf:TextColor(  GRA_CLR_BLUE )
> oPdf:Font( "10.Courier New" )
> oPdf:Text(  0,  5, "linha 0" )
> oPdf:Text(  1,  5, "linha 1" )
> oPdf:Text(  2,  5, "linha 2" )
> oPdf:Text(  3,  5, "linha 3" )
> oPdf:Text(  4,  5, "linha 4" )
>
> oPdf:EndDoc( .t. )
>
> return
>

> xpppdf51.lib is my XbpPDF class, you can download it from
> http://www.borger.com.br/softsupply/pdf/xpppdf51.zip
>

> Also, it happened today with another application, with Windows 7
>

> Best regards,
> Edgar
>

> Em 08/03/2018 13:20, Frank Grossheinrich escreveu:
>> Now you have my attention
>> Can you provide a sample?
>> Worst case I like to have your entire application.
>> Please respond to me vie email or our Technical Support.
>> Just one precondition: we need it with Xbase++ 2.0; I will not discuss
>> 1.9 SL1.
>>
>> Regards
>> Frank
>>
>> On 05.03.2018 19:26, Edgar Borger wrote:
>>> Well Frank,
>>>
>>> the bad news is it happens with xbase 2.0 also !!!!

Frank GrossheinrichRe: application not ending
on Fri, 09 Mar 2018 11:46:05 +0100
Forget my message .. found the DLL.
Will have another look ...

On 08.03.2018 18:35, Edgar Borger wrote:
> Hi Frank,

> #pragma library("xpppdf51.lib")
> #include "gra.ch"
>
> procedure main
>
> oPdf := xbppdf():new()
> oPdf:Create('test.pdf')
>
> oPdf:NewPage(  9,  1,  66,  80, {  595,  842 } ,  0 )
> oPdf:Font( "10.Courier New" )
> oPdf:Box(  0,  0,  64,  79,  0 )
> oPdf:TextColor(  GRA_CLR_BLUE )
> oPdf:Font( "10.Courier New" )
> oPdf:Text(  0,  5, "linha 0" )
> oPdf:Text(  1,  5, "linha 1" )
> oPdf:Text(  2,  5, "linha 2" )
> oPdf:Text(  3,  5, "linha 3" )
> oPdf:Text(  4,  5, "linha 4" )
>
> oPdf:EndDoc( .t. )
>
> return
>

> xpppdf51.lib is my XbpPDF class, you can download it from
> http://www.borger.com.br/softsupply/pdf/xpppdf51.zip
>

> Also, it happened today with another application, with Windows 7
>

> Best regards,
> Edgar
>

> Em 08/03/2018 13:20, Frank Grossheinrich escreveu:
>> Now you have my attention
>> Can you provide a sample?
>> Worst case I like to have your entire application.
>> Please respond to me vie email or our Technical Support.
>> Just one precondition: we need it with Xbase++ 2.0; I will not discuss
>> 1.9 SL1.
>>
>> Regards
>> Frank
>>
>> On 05.03.2018 19:26, Edgar Borger wrote:
>>> Well Frank,
>>>
>>> the bad news is it happens with xbase 2.0 also !!!!

Frank GrossheinrichRe: application not ending
on Fri, 09 Mar 2018 11:57:00 +0100
Edgar,

I do now have it running.
What do I have to look for?
I ran the application on 3 devices several times and there was no
remaining process yet. Please point me into the right direction.

Regards, Frank

On 08.03.2018 18:35, Edgar Borger wrote:
> Hi Frank,

> #pragma library("xpppdf51.lib")
> #include "gra.ch"
>
> procedure main
>
> oPdf := xbppdf():new()
> oPdf:Create('test.pdf')
>
> oPdf:NewPage(  9,  1,  66,  80, {  595,  842 } ,  0 )
> oPdf:Font( "10.Courier New" )
> oPdf:Box(  0,  0,  64,  79,  0 )
> oPdf:TextColor(  GRA_CLR_BLUE )
> oPdf:Font( "10.Courier New" )
> oPdf:Text(  0,  5, "linha 0" )
> oPdf:Text(  1,  5, "linha 1" )
> oPdf:Text(  2,  5, "linha 2" )
> oPdf:Text(  3,  5, "linha 3" )
> oPdf:Text(  4,  5, "linha 4" )
>
> oPdf:EndDoc( .t. )
>
> return
>

> xpppdf51.lib is my XbpPDF class, you can download it from
> http://www.borger.com.br/softsupply/pdf/xpppdf51.zip
>

> Also, it happened today with another application, with Windows 7
>

> Best regards,
> Edgar
>

> Em 08/03/2018 13:20, Frank Grossheinrich escreveu:
>> Now you have my attention
>> Can you provide a sample?
>> Worst case I like to have your entire application.
>> Please respond to me vie email or our Technical Support.
>> Just one precondition: we need it with Xbase++ 2.0; I will not discuss
>> 1.9 SL1.
>>
>> Regards
>> Frank
>>
>> On 05.03.2018 19:26, Edgar Borger wrote:
>>> Well Frank,
>>>
>>> the bad news is it happens with xbase 2.0 also !!!!

Edgar Borger Re: application not ending
on Fri, 09 Mar 2018 12:15:56 -0300
Hi Frank,

thanks and sorry for the trouble.

my windows is 1709 16299.248.
I don't think it's antivirus, I just have the windows defender, in my client he has avg....

the thing is, the program seems to end, the icon in the taskbar is gone, all windows are close, and you see no traces of it in the screen, only when
you open the task manager you see it is still running, and sometimes not even there, but if I try to recompile, rename, delete, anything, it says file
already in use or something like that.....
I can see it in "process hacker" tool, but have no ideia where to go from there, what is preventing the task to terminate....

it is weird that happens with xbase 2.0 and 1.9, and also in a windows 10 and a windows 7 machine, makes no sense...... the only thing is the win 7
machine is conected to a win 2012R2 server, where the data is located, but the program is running on several machines all with win7, so....

another thing is my class, they all use my pdf class, with the 3rd party debenu dll, I don't know if it has any influence...
this application has been running for a long time, and nothing changed, except for windows updates !

Regards,
Edgar

Em 09/03/2018 07:57, Frank Grossheinrich escreveu:
> Edgar,
>
> I do now have it running.
> What do I have to look for?
> I ran the application on 3 devices several times and there was no remaining process yet. Please point me into the right direction.
>
> Regards, Frank
>
> On 08.03.2018 18:35, Edgar Borger wrote:
>> Hi Frank,

>> #pragma library("xpppdf51.lib")
>> #include "gra.ch"
>>
>> procedure main
>>
>> oPdf := xbppdf():new()
>> oPdf:Create('test.pdf')
>>
>> oPdf:NewPage(  9,  1,  66,  80, {  595,  842 } ,  0 )
>> oPdf:Font( "10.Courier New" )
>> oPdf:Box(  0,  0,  64,  79,  0 )
>> oPdf:TextColor(  GRA_CLR_BLUE )
>> oPdf:Font( "10.Courier New" )
>> oPdf:Text(  0,  5, "linha 0" )
>> oPdf:Text(  1,  5, "linha 1" )
>> oPdf:Text(  2,  5, "linha 2" )
>> oPdf:Text(  3,  5, "linha 3" )
>> oPdf:Text(  4,  5, "linha 4" )
>>
>> oPdf:EndDoc( .t. )
>>
>> return
>>

>> xpppdf51.lib is my XbpPDF class, you can download it from
>> http://www.borger.com.br/softsupply/pdf/xpppdf51.zip
>>

>> Also, it happened today with another application, with Windows 7
>>

>> Best regards,
>> Edgar
>>

>> Em 08/03/2018 13:20, Frank Grossheinrich escreveu:
>>> Now you have my attention
>>> Can you provide a sample?
>>> Worst case I like to have your entire application.
>>> Please respond to me vie email or our Technical Support.
>>> Just one precondition: we need it with Xbase++ 2.0; I will not discuss
>>> 1.9 SL1.
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> Frank

Edgar Borger
Softsupply Informatica Ltda.
Rua Alagoas, 48
Sao Paulo, SP
01242-000
Tel   : (5511) 3159-1997
Email : softsupply@terra.com.br
Frank GrossheinrichRe: application not ending
on Fri, 09 Mar 2018 16:43:51 +0100
Edgar,

I checked the process with ProcessExplorer.
It is gone! On all devices all the time. So I cannot reproduce your
scenario (and it is not yet know to us).

Is it a timing issue? You terminate the application and you are trying
too quick to rebuild it or to rename it. Sometimes Windows itself
"waits" with a cleanup. File Explorer often postpones cleanups.

Does the application exists for a long time? Or does it disappear after
a few seconds?

I cannot reproduce it for now.

Regards
Frank

On 09.03.2018 16:15, Edgar Borger wrote:
> Hi Frank,
>
> thanks and sorry for the trouble.
>
> my windows is 1709 16299.248.
> I don't think it's antivirus, I just have the windows defender, in my
> client he has avg....
>
> the thing is, the program seems to end, the icon in the taskbar is gone,
> all windows are close, and you see no traces of it in the screen, only
> when you open the task manager you see it is still running, and
> sometimes not even there, but if I try to recompile, rename, delete,
> anything, it says file already in use or something like that.....
> I can see it in "process hacker" tool, but have no ideia where to go
> from there, what is preventing the task to terminate....
>
> it is weird that happens with xbase 2.0 and 1.9, and also in a windows
> 10 and a windows 7 machine, makes no sense...... the only thing is the
> win 7 machine is conected to a win 2012R2 server, where the data is
> located, but the program is running on several machines all with win7,
> so....
>
> another thing is my class, they all use my pdf class, with the 3rd party
> debenu dll, I don't know if it has any influence...
> this application has been running for a long time, and nothing changed,
> except for windows updates !
>
> Regards,
> Edgar
>
> Em 09/03/2018 07:57, Frank Grossheinrich escreveu:
>> Edgar,
>>
>> I do now have it running.
>> What do I have to look for?
>> I ran the application on 3 devices several times and there was no
>> remaining process yet. Please point me into the right direction.
>>
>> Regards, Frank
>>
>> On 08.03.2018 18:35, Edgar Borger wrote:
>>> Hi Frank,
>>>
>>> ****************************************************************
>>> #pragma library("xpppdf51.lib")
>>> #include "gra.ch"
>>>
>>> procedure main
>>>
>>> oPdf := xbppdf():new()
>>> oPdf:Create('test.pdf')
>>>
>>> oPdf:NewPage(  9,  1,  66,  80, {  595,  842 } ,  0 )
>>> oPdf:Font( "10.Courier New" )
>>> oPdf:Box(  0,  0,  64,  79,  0 )
>>> oPdf:TextColor(  GRA_CLR_BLUE )
>>> oPdf:Font( "10.Courier New" )
>>> oPdf:Text(  0,  5, "linha 0" )
>>> oPdf:Text(  1,  5, "linha 1" )
>>> oPdf:Text(  2,  5, "linha 2" )
>>> oPdf:Text(  3,  5, "linha 3" )
>>> oPdf:Text(  4,  5, "linha 4" )
>>>
>>> oPdf:EndDoc( .t. )
>>>
>>> return
>>> ****************************************************************
>>>

>>> xpppdf51.lib is my XbpPDF class, you can download it from
>>> http://www.borger.com.br/softsupply/pdf/xpppdf51.zip
>>>

>>> Also, it happened today with another application, with Windows 7
>>>

>>> Best regards,
>>> Edgar

Edgar Borger Re: application not ending
on Fri, 09 Mar 2018 12:58:23 -0300
Hi Frank

interesting info, I have a small application to issue my invoices, and it was running (and ending) normally, so I just recompiled it (pbuild /a)
without changing anything, and now it does not end anymore, I have no updated my xbase in a long time (2.0.570) so it is most probably a windows
related issue, some recent update that introduced this odd behaviour.

in my backup I have the same exe compiled in june 2017 and it runs (and ends) normally, the same app compiled today, same exe size, does not end !

I waited for about 5 minutes and the exe is still running in process explorer, so it is not a timing issue, also one of my clients reported it on the
next morning, so the app stayed from previous day, more than 12 hours.

Em 09/03/2018 12:43, Frank Grossheinrich escreveu:
> Edgar,
>
> I checked the process with ProcessExplorer.
> It is gone! On all devices all the time. So I cannot reproduce your scenario (and it is not yet know to us).
>
> Is it a timing issue? You terminate the application and you are trying too quick to rebuild it or to rename it. Sometimes Windows itself "waits" with
> a cleanup. File Explorer often postpones cleanups.
>
> Does the application exists for a long time? Or does it disappear after a few seconds?
>
> I cannot reproduce it for now.
>
> Regards
> Frank
>
> On 09.03.2018 16:15, Edgar Borger wrote:
>> Hi Frank,
>>
>> thanks and sorry for the trouble.
>>
>> my windows is 1709 16299.248.
>> I don't think it's antivirus, I just have the windows defender, in my
>> client he has avg....
>>
>> the thing is, the program seems to end, the icon in the taskbar is gone,
>> all windows are close, and you see no traces of it in the screen, only
>> when you open the task manager you see it is still running, and
>> sometimes not even there, but if I try to recompile, rename, delete,
>> anything, it says file already in use or something like that.....
>> I can see it in "process hacker" tool, but have no ideia where to go
>> from there, what is preventing the task to terminate....
>>
>> it is weird that happens with xbase 2.0 and 1.9, and also in a windows
>> 10 and a windows 7 machine, makes no sense...... the only thing is the
>> win 7 machine is conected to a win 2012R2 server, where the data is
>> located, but the program is running on several machines all with win7,
>> so....
>>
>> another thing is my class, they all use my pdf class, with the 3rd party
>> debenu dll, I don't know if it has any influence...
>> this application has been running for a long time, and nothing changed,
>> except for windows updates !
>>
>> Regards,
>> Edgar
>>
>> Em 09/03/2018 07:57, Frank Grossheinrich escreveu:
>>> Edgar,
>>>
>>> I do now have it running.
>>> What do I have to look for?
>>> I ran the application on 3 devices several times and there was no
>>> remaining process yet. Please point me into the right direction.
>>>
>>> Regards, Frank

Edgar Borger
Softsupply Informatica Ltda.
Rua Alagoas, 48
Sao Paulo, SP
01242-000
Tel   : (5511) 3159-1997
Email : softsupply@terra.com.br
Edgar Borger Re: application not ending
on Fri, 09 Mar 2018 12:33:44 -0300
Frank,

another bit of information...

in my machine I have an application that was running normaly, ending properly, I just did a pbuild /a (without changing anything in the program) and
now it does not terminate anymore......