Alaska Software Inc. - Connection to ADS config utility acts really weird.
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: Connection to ADS config utility acts really weird.
Richard A. PulliamConnection to ADS config utility acts really weird.
on Thu, 12 Feb 2015 17:25:30 -0600
My very simple program (a gui variation of sample in DevZone by Roger
Donnay) connects to ADS Server.  It is located in the server as is the data.

If I execute it in the server, for about two seconds, I see the ADS config
program show that the user is connected and the tables are open.  Nothing
else displays and the program ends.  ADS config shows the user is now
disconnected.

If I execute the program remotely from a laptop attached to the server
through Ethernet wire, the program says it is connected using ADSDBE (tables
opened with ADSDBE), behaves normally,  BUT no connections are shown in ADS
config utility (users, tables, etc.)

I tried putting dll files where the exe is to no avail.  Not sure what I am
suppose to do with ADSLOC32.DLL. Link it into the module?

I have wasted two days trying to get this to work.   Going nuts.

Richard Pulliam
138 Colina Circle
Panama City Beach, Florida 32413 USA
Voice and Fax: (001) 850-588-9935   Cell: (001) 850-238-1203
Skype: richard_pulliam
http://www.ClipperSolutions.com

---
César Calvo Re: Connection to ADS config utility acts really weird.
on Fri, 13 Feb 2015 09:37:02 +0100
Hi Richard,
Please tell me the the string that you are trying to do that?
Nevertheless, if you have professional subscripcion maybe you can get it
with ODBC.
In fact, I got it whit this.
Download the driver ODBC to ADS, install it in the client machine and make
one DSN (This have to go where is installed ADS) via
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe (very important with 32 Bit).
Then, it could be works with like this:

DbeLoad( "ODBCDBE" )
DbeSetDefault( "ODBCDBE" )

cConnect := "DBE=ODBCDBE;Driver={Advantage StreamlineSQL
ODBC};DataDirectory=" + '\\ceca\DBFS\PRU\' + ;
";CharSet=OEM;MemoBlockSize=64;MaxTableCloseCache=20" + ;
";DefaultType=Advantage;Rows=False;AdvantageLocking=ON;Locking=Record;ServerTypes=2;TrimTrailingSpaces=False;RightsChecking=OFF;"

oSession := dacSession():new(cConnect, .f.)
cSql:= "select * from ACREEDOR.ADT"
USE (cSQL) Alias ACR Via (oSession) New SHARED  (Here you can put VIA
ODBCDBE)
MsgBox(ACR->COD)
CLOSE ACR

I hope you can get it.
Regards.
César.

"Richard A. Pulliam"  escribió en el mensaje de
noticias:78fc1f63$5120fd0b$a3377@news.alaska-software.com...

[...]

Richard A. PulliamRe: Connection to ADS config utility acts really weird.
on Fri, 13 Feb 2015 19:04:44 -0600
So.... Does ADSDBE work at all?  My third nightmare day....

My test module is the ADSQuick.prg program available for download in DevZone
samples, with minor changes.  I am attaching it.

I have all the XBASE++ and ADS .dll files where the app resides on the
server.  I have ADSLOC32.DLL, AXCWS32.DLL and ACE32.DLL in the windows
directory of the Client.

I connect to the server with a computer and Ethernet cable with mapped drive
Z: and execute Z:\ADS\SAMPLES\ADSQUICK.EXE from it.  Nothing happens.  Works
fine if using FoxCdx on the server (Of course, no ADS attach.)

When I installed the 2-user ADS I left all the settings the same.

I am allowing the program through the firewall, just in case.

I am attaching the works.

"César Calvo"  wrote in message

[...]

Chat with me

---

SAMPLE.ZIP
Richard A. PulliamRe: Connection to ADS config utility acts really weird.
on Fri, 13 Feb 2015 20:05:38 -0600
I just read that 11.1 ADS version has problems with ACE32.DLL, so, I replace
the ADS dlls files with old ones.  Now, for the first time, I can execute my
test program from the Server and see the correct data as to number of
openings in the ADS Config in the screen.

I still get nothing but a black screen when executing from Client computer.

Richard

=================================================================================================================

"Richard A. Pulliam"  wrote in message

[...]

on Sat, 14 Feb 2015 06:29:06 +0100
Hello Richard.
I can´t extract the files of your zip.
Please, send me this file to my personal email.

noticias:142a9219$52b373c0$c8e53@news.alaska-software.com...

[...]

Richard A. PulliamRe: Connection to ADS config utility - STAY AWAY FROM ADS 11.1 FOR TIME BEING. PROBLEMS WITH DRIVERS.
on Sun, 15 Feb 2015 09:41:40 -0600
After asking user groups and reading everything I could find about Advantage
I finally found the right link:

http://www.alaska-software.com/scripts/waa001.dll?WAA_PACKAGE=PUBLICDTS&WAA_FORM=DISPLAYPDR&PDRID=6497

So, I un-installed ADS 11.1 and downloaded trial version for version 11.

If someone has the 2-User download for version 11 (NOT 11.1) I would
appreciate it.  Actually 11 or 10.

A 3 day nightmare.