Alaska Software Inc. - How do I retrieve the position of the cursor within a XbpSLE object?
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: How do I retrieve the position of the cursor within a XbpSLE object?
Chris Carmac How do I retrieve the position of the cursor within a XbpSLE object?
on Wed, 19 Oct 2016 10:05:28 -0400
How do I retrieve the position of the cursor within a XbpSLE object?

For example, if the text "1234567" is typed into a XbpSLE object and the
user manually clicks the mouse inside the object and puts the cursor
between the 3 and 4 (example: 123|4567), how can I retrieve the cursor
position to know it is currently at position 4?

I'm searched the newsgroups, and there are a lot of posts regarding how
to manually set the cursor position using the :setMarked() method, but I
can't find any examples of how to find out where the cursor is currently
positioned.

Is there a way to do this?  If so, how?

Thanks!

Chris Carmac
John SauvigneRe: How do I retrieve the position of the cursor within a XbpSLE object?
on Wed, 19 Oct 2016 13:53:55 -0400
Is there a ::Get:Pos iVar? I still use the old XBPGET.prg from Alaska
and it refers to ::Get:Pos to determine and set the cursor position.

HTH,

John.

On 10/19/2016 10:05 AM, Chris Carmac wrote:
> How do I retrieve the position of the cursor within a XbpSLE object?
>
> For example, if the text "1234567" is typed into a XbpSLE object and the
> user manually clicks the mouse inside the object and puts the cursor
> between the 3 and 4 (example: 123|4567), how can I retrieve the cursor
> position to know it is currently at position 4?
>
> I'm searched the newsgroups, and there are a lot of posts regarding how
> to manually set the cursor position using the :setMarked() method, but I
> can't find any examples of how to find out where the cursor is currently
> positioned.
>
> Is there a way to do this?  If so, how?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Chris Carmac
Andreas Gehrs-Pahl
Re: How do I retrieve the position of the cursor within a XbpSLE object?
on Wed, 19 Oct 2016 13:55:31 -0400
Chris,

>How do I retrieve the position of the cursor within a XbpSLE object?

oSLE:QueryMarked() -> aMarked

>For example, if the text "1234567" is typed into a XbpSLE object and the
>user manually clicks the mouse inside the object and puts the cursor
>between the 3 and 4 (example: 123|4567), how can I retrieve the cursor
>position to know it is currently at position 4?

If the cursor is between the "3" and the "4", :QueryMarked() would return:
{4, 4} and if the "4" is highlighted, :QueryMarked() would return: {4, 5}.

Hope that helps,

Andreas

Andreas Gehrs-Pahl
Absolute Software, LLC

phone: (989) 723-9927
email: Andreas@AbsoluteSoftwareLLC.com
web:   http://www.AbsoluteSoftwareLLC.com
[F]:   https://www.facebook.com/AbsoluteSoftwareLLC
Chris Carmac Re: How do I retrieve the position of the cursor within a XbpSLE object?
on Wed, 19 Oct 2016 17:12:17 -0400
On 10/19/2016 10:05 AM, Chris Carmac wrote:
> How do I retrieve the position of the cursor within a XbpSLE object?
>
> For example, if the text "1234567" is typed into a XbpSLE object and the
> user manually clicks the mouse inside the object and puts the cursor
> between the 3 and 4 (example: 123|4567), how can I retrieve the cursor
> position to know it is currently at position 4?
>
> I'm searched the newsgroups, and there are a lot of posts regarding how
> to manually set the cursor position using the :setMarked() method, but I
> can't find any examples of how to find out where the cursor is currently
> positioned.
>
> Is there a way to do this?  If so, how?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Chris Carmac

John and Andreas,

Thanks for your quick responses!  I tested the :queryMarked() method
that Andreas suggested, and it looks like that will work for what I need.

I appreciate the help!

Chris
Carlos a Beling Re: How do I retrieve the position of the cursor within a XbpSLE object?
on Sat, 29 Oct 2016 13:32:59 -0200
Good afternoon.
I am having a strange behavior of XbpGet() when I move the right and
left arrows in the first time that I start a Get() edition.
I will investigate it soon. Does someone has this problem too?

Fraternally
Beling