Alaska Software Inc. - How to redirect printer
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: How to redirect printer
M MordkovychHow to redirect printer
on Wed, 26 Aug 2009 17:17:43 -0400
I am trying to redirect USB printer to use it from DOS application. The
system is connected to Novell. I made it shared in Windows and reidrected it
to LPT3, but it doesnt print. Printer is Brother MFC 3360C
Jorge LRe: How to redirect printer
on Wed, 26 Aug 2009 18:27:03 -0300
Hi
your printer not support dos command

you can use the program dosprn

"M Mordkovych" <jcberg_no_spam_@compuserve.com> escribió en el mensaje de
noticias news:77e8995d$293165d1$833d2@news.alaska-software.com...
>I am trying to redirect USB printer to use it from DOS application. The
>system is connected to Novell. I made it shared in Windows and reidrected
>it to LPT3, but it doesnt print. Printer is Brother MFC 3360C

Igor FERKRe: How to redirect printer
on Mon, 26 Oct 2009 14:16:54 +0100
Hi,
If you can redirect printer output to file
try DOSPrinter http://www.geocities.com/dosprint/

Regards,
Igor

"Jorge L" <jlborlando@way.com.ar> wrote in message
> Hi
> your printer not support dos command
>
> you can use the program dosprn
>

> "M Mordkovych" <jcberg_no_spam_@compuserve.com> escribió en el mensaje de
> noticias news:77e8995d$293165d1$833d2@news.alaska-software.com...
>>I am trying to redirect USB printer to use it from DOS application. The
>>system is connected to Novell. I made it shared in Windows and reidrected
>>it to LPT3, but it doesnt print. Printer is Brother MFC 3360C

Richard PulliamRe: How to redirect printer
on Sat, 31 Oct 2009 10:32:38 -0500
The only way I know how is to share a printer in the network (Example:  I
share my HPPSC235 in my desktop) and
after doing that, go to the DOS prompt or from a batch file

NET USE LPT1 \\HOME\HPPSC235 /PERSISTENT:YES

to cancel the above

NET USE LPT1 /DELETE

Note:  Windows Vista does not support this.  They claim Windows 7 will

"M Mordkovych" <jcberg_no_spam_@compuserve.com> wrote in message
> I am trying to redirect USB printer to use it from DOS application. The
> system is connected to Novell. I made it shared in Windows and reidrected
> it to LPT3, but it doesnt print. Printer is Brother MFC 3360C

Jorge LRe: How to redirect printer
on Sun, 01 Nov 2009 19:42:36 -0300
Hi Richard
windows vista support /persistent:yes  !!!
but, if you conect to the printer that is shared in windows vista, your
users need a password

noticias news:5a11664c$525fc47d$31a38@news.alaska-software.com...