Alaska Software Inc. - demDEtabsSQL - TopDown 9.1 - TabPages SQL Sample
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: demDEtabsSQL - TopDown 9.1 - TabPages SQL Sample
Nestor MazzademDEtabsSQL - TopDown 9.1 - TabPages SQL Sample
on Mon, 03 Oct 2016 02:37:25 +0200
Hello TopDown users.

I have attached demDEtabsSQL.prg, which was developed by Clayton Jones for
TopDown 9.1

It was developed by him.

Aditionally I have included, tddemo.mdb

I have paid him for your Development, I suppouse maybe usefull to another
TopDown Developer.

This is my way of thanking Clayton, I guess he would have liked to include in
their examples

Regards
Nestor Mazza

demDEtabsSQL.prg
tddemo.mdb
Nestor MazzaRe: demDEtabsSQL - TopDown 9.1 - TabPages SQL Sample
on Mon, 03 Oct 2016 05:30:17 +0200
Nestor Mazza wrote in message
>Hello TopDown users.
>
>I have attached demDEtabsSQL.prg, which was developed by Clayton Jones for
>TopDown 9.1
>
>It was developed by him.
>
>Aditionally I have included, tddemo.mdb
>
>I have paid him for your Development, I suppouse maybe usefull to another
>TopDown Developer.
>
>This is my way of thanking Clayton, I guess he would have liked to include in
>their examples
>
>Regards
>Nestor Mazza

On sá. 25/07/2015 21:13, two messages.
sá. 25/07/2015 13:04
Hello Nestor,

Thank you very much, the payment has been received into my Paypal account.

The attached file, SqlMazza.zip, contains the file demDEtabsSQL.prg. The
function in it is demDEtabsSQL() and can be called from the menu in your
program.  Several things to note:

1) It is important that the menu item has this ID string: 'sqlDEtabs'.
That is needed because the F12 routine in the code, which switches the buttons
to a different style, does it by closing and reopening the window, and it does
this with the menu's :triggerItem() method

   ******* reopen the window by triggering the main menu item
   tdGetMMO():triggerItem("sqlDEtabs")

So it is hard coded to use that ID string.  Here is the menu code I
used:

 ******* TEST !!!!!!!!!!
 oMM:addMenuItem('sql','sqlDEtabs',{"SQL ~DE Tabs Window - SQLDataSet",;
               {|| tdLaunchpad("demDEtabsSQL") }},;
            " Demo of an SQL DE Tabs Window with SQLDataSet")

2) The data file - this code uses the .mdb file, tddemo.mdb, that is included
in the \demosrc\data folder.  If you will be compiling this in your TD demo
app then the file is already there.  If it will be compiled in another program
then the file will have to be copied to that location.

3) There are a number of Gets on the tab pages that are inactive (the tdDEget
code is commented out).  This was done because there were not enough fields in
the Customer table that could work for those Gets.  You will also see that
some of the fields were used more than once so that at least two fields on
each page are active.  That is necessary because the first and last Gets on
each page have bWhen codeblocks that are necessary for proper edit mode
navigation.  So the resulting active Gets don't make good real-world sense,
but everything is working properly and it should be easy to modify it to match
your real-world needs.

Thank you again, and let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Clayton

sá. 25/07/2015 21:13
Hello Nestor,

I realized today that the 2nd parameter, oConn, in the tdSqlDEwin() function
was not listed in the TD 9.1 docs.  Also the function tdSqlDEfieldBlock(),
while in the docs, did not appear in the index.
Both of these errors have been fixed and the attached file is the corrected
version.

These are both things that were more recently added to allow using the
SQLSelect cursor, as well as the SQLDataSet cursor, in DE Windows and still
allow things like changing sort orders.  A more detailed explanation of this
can be found in the help topic for tdSqlDEfieldBlock().

I apologize for the inconvenience, but I'm glad I spotted and fixed the errors.

Regards,
Clayton

Nestor Mazza

SqlMazza.zip
topdown91_chm.zip
Raymond FischbachRe: demDEtabsSQL - TopDown 9.1 - TabPages SQL Sample
on Mon, 03 Oct 2016 17:46:05 +0200
Nestor Mazza avait soumis l'idée :
> [...]
>

> Thank you again, and let me know if you have any questions.
>

> Regards,
> Clayton

> sá. 25/07/2015 21:13
> Hello Nestor,
>
> I realized today that the 2nd parameter, oConn, in the tdSqlDEwin() function
> was not listed in the TD 9.1 docs.  Also the function tdSqlDEfieldBlock(),
> while in the docs, did not appear in the index.
> Both of these errors have been fixed and the attached file is the corrected
> version.
>
> These are both things that were more recently added to allow using the
> SQLSelect cursor, as well as the SQLDataSet cursor, in DE Windows and still
> allow things like changing sort orders.  A more detailed explanation of this
> can be found in the help topic for tdSqlDEfieldBlock().
>
> I apologize for the inconvenience, but I'm glad I spotted and fixed the

Thanks for sharing this code,

Best regards,
Raymond
Ben BodensteinRe: demDEtabsSQL - TopDown 9.1 - TabPages SQL Sample
on Mon, 03 Oct 2016 21:35:37 +0200
Hi Nestor,

Your attachment came in as garbage in the message area.
Can you please resend it as a zip file.
I would like to see what you got there for SQL since I am trying to get
Topdown's Browse and DEGet routines to work for MySql.

Thanks,
Ben
Nestor MazzaRe: demDEtabsSQL - TopDown 9.1 - TabPages SQL Sample
on Tue, 04 Oct 2016 05:21:13 +0200
Ben Bodenstein wrote in message
>Hi Nestor,
>
>Your attachment came in as garbage in the message area.
>Can you please resend it as a zip file.
>I would like to see what you got there for SQL since I am trying to get
>Topdown's Browse and DEGet routines to work for MySql.
>
>Thanks,
>Ben

Hi Ben,

I'll upload again

Regards
Nestor Mazza

SqlMazza.zip
topdown91_chm.zip
tddemoMDB.zip
Ben BodensteinRe: demDEtabsSQL - TopDown 9.1 - TabPages SQL Sample
on Tue, 04 Oct 2016 11:56:51 +0200
Hi Nestor,

Sorry, stil no attachment on your posting. I don't know if it is my NG
reader or your email sending causing the attachment to come in at the
message area.
Can you send it to my personal email please.

Thanks,
Ben
Nestor MazzaRe: demDEtabsSQL - TopDown 9.1 - TabPages SQL Sample
on Tue, 04 Oct 2016 15:11:16 +0200
>Hi Nestor,
>
>Sorry, stil no attachment on your posting. I don't know if it is my NG
>reader or your email sending causing the attachment to come in at the
>message area.
>Can you send it to my personal email please.
>
>Thanks,
>Ben

Hi Ben,

Let me know your personal email address and I'll send you all the Zips Files.

Regards,
Nestor Mazza
Ben BodensteinRe: demDEtabsSQL - TopDown 9.1 - TabPages SQL Sample
on Tue, 04 Oct 2016 22:37:02 +0200
Sorry, I thought you could pick it up on the NG.
My email is ben@powerprop.co.za.

Many thanks,
Ben

On 2016/10/04 3:11 PM, Nestor Mazza wrote:
> Ben Bodenstein wrote in message
>> Hi Nestor,
>>
>> Sorry, stil no attachment on your posting. I don't know if it is my NG
>> reader or your email sending causing the attachment to come in at the
>> message area.
>> Can you send it to my personal email please.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Ben
>
> Hi Ben,
>
> Let me know your personal email address and I'll send you all the Zips Files.
>
> Regards,
> Nestor Mazza

Thomas BraunRe: demDEtabsSQL - TopDown 9.1 - TabPages SQL Sample
on Tue, 04 Oct 2016 17:37:29 +0200
Ben Bodenstein wrote:

> Hi Nestor,
>
> Sorry, stil no attachment on your posting. I don't know if it is my NG
> reader or your email sending causing the attachment to come in at the
> message area.

Probably a combination of both - I can see the attachements (as
attachements) without problems.

FWIW, I'm using 40tude Dialog

best
Thomas