Alaska Software Inc. - Xbase++ 2.0 have memory leak !
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: Xbase++ 2.0 have memory leak !
M.B. BaijuXbase++ 2.0 have memory leak !
on Mon, 23 Jul 2018 19:19:20 +0200
Hi,
I have been using Xbase++ from ver 1.0 till 1.9+ it works perfectly.
Most of my customers are working with Windows remote desktop.

Recently I have upgraded from 1.9+ to 2.0  and it was hectic.
During these last 2 months, I have been working to find a solution.

I performed a test with Xbase ++ 2.0 with Windows 2016 server, Windows 2012
server, Windows 2009 server and Windows 2003 server. With results what I found
out that a  MAX of  20 RDP users can only work but after increasing the number
of users the memory is drastically being consumed which affects the
performance of all other users by becoming unresponsive. Right now the only
solution what I found is to hard reset the server which is not at all attainable.

Before converting to 2.0 the software was able to accommodate with more than
55 users and had no problems. So is there any chance to revert back to ver
1.9+ and has anybody faced this problem?

Btw I am using Xbase++, Topdown, Sqlexpress, and Frax Report writer which are
upgraded to latest versions.

M.B.BAIJU
Itai Ben-ArtziRe: Xbase++ 2.0 have memory leak !
on Mon, 23 Jul 2018 10:59:01 -0700
M.B.,
To prevent these "memory leaks", verify each object is destroyed when
no longer needed.  Destroying a parent alone appears alright, but
children objects still consume memory.

-Itai
M.B. BaijuRe: Xbase++ 2.0 have memory leak !
on Mon, 23 Jul 2018 21:18:05 +0200
Itai Ben-Artzi wrote in message news:rp5cldtkmot3h5q93g5irjus2as738tqsh@4ax.com...
>M.B.,
>To prevent these "memory leaks", verify each object is destroyed when
>no longer needed.  Destroying a parent alone appears alright, but
>children objects still consume memory.
>
>-Itai

Hello Itai,

All the objects are destroy properly. This software I am developing around
more than 17 years.

I closely watch though memwatch.

-
BAIJU.M.B
Itai Ben-ArtziRe: Xbase++ 2.0 have memory leak !
on Sun, 29 Jul 2018 00:48:43 -0700
M.B.
Several years ago, I had similar leaks.  Thorough investigation
revealed that Alaska's sample progress-bar which I used, did not
destroy an object.  I've fixed this and the leaks are gone.

You can find the cause of the leak with TaskMgr.  Open and close each
window, browser, and feature several times and verify the memory used
goes back to the initial level.

-Itai
Werner MartlRe: Xbase++ 2.0 have memory leak !
on Sun, 29 Jul 2018 22:06:11 +0200