Alaska Software Inc. - dbfupsize source code
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: dbfupsize source code
Simone Degl'Innocentidbfupsize source code
on Wed, 23 Jun 2021 20:41:23 +0200
Hi

is possible to have the source code of dbfupsize to improve it? A github repo?

I must make an automatic update of Postgre tables, depending on DBF update of an existing application, but dbfupsize have some limitation to do this

all the best
Matej JuracRe: dbfupsize source code
on Thu, 24 Jun 2021 07:03:34 +0200
That is interesting idea, but I doubt they will decide to publish it?
Not sure if anyone monitors these news groups on top of it.

Simone Degl'Innocenti je 23.6.2021 ob 20:41 napisal:
> Hi
>
> is possible to have the source code of dbfupsize to improve it? A github repo?
>
> I must make an automatic update of Postgre tables, depending on DBF update of an existing application, but dbfupsize have some limitation to do this
>
> all the best

Simone Degl'InnocentiRe: dbfupsize source code
on Thu, 24 Jun 2021 11:39:36 +0200
Hi Jurac

use GitHub for distributing code is a good way to improve product also for closed source like Alaska Xbase
I hope someone can read these posts and start to reflect to open some non-core tools.

all the best

Matej Jurac wrote in message news:46d041ef$31cadbf5$79f0a@news.alaska-software.com...
>That is interesting idea, but I doubt they will decide to publish it?
>Not sure if anyone monitors these news groups on top of it.
>

>Simone Degl'Innocenti je 23.6.2021 ob 20:41 napisal:
>> Hi
>>
>> is possible to have the source code of dbfupsize to improve it? A github repo?
>>
>> I must make an automatic update of Postgre tables, depending on DBF update of an existing application, but dbfupsize have some limitation to do this
>>
>> all the best

Osvaldo RamirezRe: dbfupsize source code
on Thu, 24 Jun 2021 09:19:50 -0600
On 23/06/21 12:41, Simone Degl'Innocenti wrote:
> Hi
>
> is possible to have the source code of dbfupsize to improve it? A github repo?
>
> I must make an automatic update of Postgre tables, depending on DBF update of an existing application, but dbfupsize have some limitation to do this
>
> all the best

Hello Simone

So, Your idea is to synchronize DBF data and structure through the
dbfupsize ? It is correct ?

Regards
Osvaldo Ramirez
Simone Degl'InnocentiRe: dbfupsize source code
on Fri, 25 Jun 2021 09:57:24 +0200
>Hello Simone
>
>So, Your idea is to synchronize DBF data and structure through the
>dbfupsize ? It is correct ?
>
>Regards
>Osvaldo Ramirez

Hi Osvaldo

my idea is to check if this is possible or if the best way is to use directly SQL commands.
For example: add a new column or a new index.

I can make it directly via SQL, but dbfupsize can be improved a little bit for doing this or part of this

If this is not possible, I'll use SQL commands

all the best