Alaska Software Inc. - Error with SQLStatementBuilder with 2 colons right behind each other .
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: Error with SQLStatementBuilder with 2 colons right behind each other .
Frits Janse KokError with SQLStatementBuilder with 2 colons right behind each other .
on Sat, 22 Dec 2018 17:38:02 +0100
When there are 2 colons in a text field (or memo field), I get a error:
   ABSTRACTSQLSTATEMENTBUILDER:EXECUTESTATEMENT

Regards:  Frits JK

---
Deze e-mail is gecontroleerd op virussen door AVG.
http://www.avg.com

Shot_04.jpg
Shot_05.jpg
Matej JuracRe: Error with SQLStatementBuilder with 2 colons right behind each other .
on Fri, 28 Dec 2018 08:18:25 +0100
I think this is what you need: right combination of escape sequence

see this one

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/35677204/psql-insert-json-with-double-quotes-inside-strings

send feedback if it helps

Frits Janse Kok wrote in message
>When there are 2 colons in a text field (or memo field), I get a error:
>   ABSTRACTSQLSTATEMENTBUILDER:EXECUTESTATEMENT
>
>Regards:  Frits JK
>

>---
>Deze e-mail is gecontroleerd op virussen door AVG.
>http://www.avg.com
Frits Janse KokRe: Error with SQLStatementBuilder with 2 colons right behind each other .
on Sun, 30 Dec 2018 02:41:27 +0100
Op 28-12-2018 om 08:18 schreef Matej Jurac:
> I think this is what you need: right combination of escape sequence
>
> see this one
>
> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/35677204/psql-insert-json-with-double-quotes-inside-strings
>
> send feedback if it helps
>

> Frits Janse Kok wrote in message
>> When there are 2 colons in a text field (or memo field), I get a error:
>>    ABSTRACTSQLSTATEMENTBUILDER:EXECUTESTATEMENT
>>
>> Regards:  Frits JK
>>

>> ---
>> Deze e-mail is gecontroleerd op virussen door AVG.
>> http://www.avg.com
Hi Marej,

I can add cText:= "'" + strtran(cText, ":","\:" ) + "'"    when I write
to the table
and cText:= strtran(cText,"\:",":")     when I read from the table.

But the slashes are placed in the Postgres table and our other
applications, which are written in PHP, will read a difficult text.
For instance    ::start()        will be read as    \:\:start()

Regards,  Frits JK
Matej JuracRe: Error with SQLStatementBuilder with 2 colons right behind each other .
on Wed, 13 Feb 2019 09:07:51 +0100
Escaping special characters should be done only so far that SQL goes thru in
correct sql syntax to the server and data should be written correctly without
additional meddling with data.

AFAIK if you need to send some dbf "memo" type of data to SQL via direct SQL
execute you need to prepare that part of data specificaly and see that every
special sql char is escaped correctly.

For more you should really export that statement into file and post it here,
the code you showed is not enough without data.