Alaska Software Inc. - Help need about error 8034
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: Help need about error 8034
Carlos Antonio BelingHelp need about error 8034
on Wed, 30 Jun 2021 13:33:11 -0300
Good day.
I had the error message:

	8034 - [BASE] - "Open failed"
        		Associated with Gen Error: "71: File can not be opened"
	        With OS Error: "32: Sharing violation"
	        Can be caused by: "DbUseArea()"
	        Remarks: Listed in PDRs 109-4341 and 109-6356

All the dbf and indexes files opened and close in the day before became
locked by the Windows 10 1909 Build 18363 and can not to be accessed any
way. Xbase++ version is 2.00.1095.
Please what can to be done for correct it and/or unlock the files on the
server whitout restart it?

Fraternaly
Beling
Jorge L. BorlandoRe: Help need about error 8034
on Sun, 11 Jul 2021 19:05:45 -0300
Hi Carlos,
have you checked the permissions of the folder that containing the files,
are the same for all users?
you have you installed the smb2infocache.msi utility?

best regards !

"Carlos Antonio Beling" escribió en el mensaje de
noticias:757437f2$6d9965f$843f9@news.alaska-software.com...

Good day.
I had the error message:

8034 - [BASE] - "Open failed"
        Associated with Gen Error: "71: File can not be opened"
        With OS Error: "32: Sharing violation"
        Can be caused by: "DbUseArea()"
        Remarks: Listed in PDRs 109-4341 and 109-6356

All the dbf and indexes files opened and close in the day before became
locked by the Windows 10 1909 Build 18363 and can not to be accessed any
way. Xbase++ version is 2.00.1095.
Please what can to be done for correct it and/or unlock the files on the
server whitout restart it?

Fraternaly
Beling
Carlos Antonio BelingRe: Help need about error 8034
on Fri, 23 Jul 2021 15:38:00 -0300
Hi Jorge.
Good day.
Many thanks.
I will to give it a try.
What I saw is that it has user(s) using Windows 7 and the server is
using Windows 10.
The smb2infocache.msi was runned in the server, but are files that
remains cached.
Do you know if exists some API for to force the OS to flush its cache?

Fraternally
Beling

On 11/07/2021 19:05, Jorge L. Borlando wrote:
> Hi Carlos,
> have you checked the permissions of the folder that containing the
> files, are the same for all users?
> you have you installed the smb2infocache.msi utility?
>
> best regards !
>
> "Carlos Antonio Beling" escribió en el mensaje de
> noticias:757437f2$6d9965f$843f9@news.alaska-software.com...
>
> Good day.
> I had the error message:
>
> 8034 - [BASE] - "Open failed"
>         Associated with Gen Error: "71: File can not be opened"
>         With OS Error: "32: Sharing violation"
>         Can be caused by: "DbUseArea()"
>         Remarks: Listed in PDRs 109-4341 and 109-6356
>
> All the dbf and indexes files opened and close in the day before became
> locked by the Windows 10 1909 Build 18363 and can not to be accessed any
> way. Xbase++ version is 2.00.1095.
> Please what can to be done for correct it and/or unlock the files on the
> server whitout restart it?
>
> Fraternaly
> Beling
Jim LeeRe: Help need about error 8034
on Mon, 26 Jul 2021 02:41:47 +0200
hi,

Windows 7 also work with SMB-1 while Windows 10 "default" use SMB-2

Alaska SMB-2 "Patch" work on "Lanmanworkstation"

KEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Lanmanworkstation\Parameters
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/windows/it-pro/windows-7/ff686200(v=ws.10)?redirectedfrom=MSDN

so it make no sense to use it "on Server"

---

start Powershell "on Sercer" as Admin and type

   Set-SmbServerConfiguration -AuditSmb1Access $true

open DBF "on Server" and APPEND lot of Data e.g. CSV Import

than open System-Logfile "on Server" and search for ID 3000 ->
"Microsoft-Windows-SMBServer\Audit"
you will "see" every Client who is still using SMB-1

---
http://www.avg.com
Carlos Antonio BelingRe: Help need about error 8034
on Wed, 11 Aug 2021 16:19:32 -0300
Hi Jim.
Good day.
Many thanks.