Alaska Software Inc. - SMS Messaging and Phone Call Contact
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: SMS Messaging and Phone Call Contact
Chris ChambersSMS Messaging and Phone Call Contact
on Thu, 23 Mar 2017 06:07:12 -0700
Hi Folks

This maybe old news to some of you.

If anyone is interested you can now access the Short Message service and
originate Phone message prompts and streaming phone calls directly from
xBase++ regardless of the xBase++ version. As long as you can create and
Active X object.

To do this you will need the Chilkat Library (Incredibly Powerful), or
write your own library and a Twilio Account.

Website for Chilkat https://www.chilkatsoft.com/
Website for Twilio  https://www.twilio.com/

You can actually type SMS messages on your keyboard or programmatically
and send them to any cell phone anywhere.

I have also used SMS messages to control my Xbase++ application by
simply sending it special codes. Very easy to do.

Check it out, it may help to broaden your markets. Especially from a CRM
and Marketing point of view.

Regards

Chris Chambers
Kelowna BC Canada
Rudolf ReinthalerRe: SMS Messaging and Phone Call Contact
on Thu, 01 Jun 2017 10:56:57 +0200
Hello Chris,
looks interesting, I use also Chilkat for several things and works
perfectly. Have you a sample for twillio for testing ?
regards
Rudolf

Am 23.03.2017 um 14:07 schrieb Chris Chambers:
> Hi Folks
>
> This maybe old news to some of you.
>
> If anyone is interested you can now access the Short Message service and
> originate Phone message prompts and streaming phone calls directly from
> xBase++ regardless of the xBase++ version. As long as you can create and
> Active X object.
>
> To do this you will need the Chilkat Library (Incredibly Powerful), or
> write your own library and a Twilio Account.
>
> Website for Chilkat https://www.chilkatsoft.com/
> Website for Twilio  https://www.twilio.com/
>
> You can actually type SMS messages on your keyboard or programmatically
> and send them to any cell phone anywhere.
>
> I have also used SMS messages to control my Xbase++ application by
> simply sending it special codes. Very easy to do.
>
> Check it out, it may help to broaden your markets. Especially from a CRM
> and Marketing point of view.
>
> Regards
>
> Chris Chambers
> Kelowna BC Canada

---
Jacob JohnRe: SMS Messaging and Phone Call Contact
on Sat, 10 Jun 2017 16:01:17 +0530
Hi,

I have downloaded and installed Chilkat. But how can i start using it
?

Anybody can give a sample for this ?

Is it possible to parse JSON using this ?

Regards
Kiron

On Thu, 23 Mar 2017 06:07:12 -0700, Chris Chambers wrote:

>Hi Folks
>
>This maybe old news to some of you.
>
>If anyone is interested you can now access the Short Message service and
>originate Phone message prompts and streaming phone calls directly from
>xBase++ regardless of the xBase++ version. As long as you can create and
>Active X object.
>
>To do this you will need the Chilkat Library (Incredibly Powerful), or
>write your own library and a Twilio Account.
>
>Website for Chilkat https://www.chilkatsoft.com/
>Website for Twilio  https://www.twilio.com/
>
>You can actually type SMS messages on your keyboard or programmatically
>and send them to any cell phone anywhere.
>
>I have also used SMS messages to control my Xbase++ application by
>simply sending it special codes. Very easy to do.
>
>Check it out, it may help to broaden your markets. Especially from a CRM
>and Marketing point of view.
>
>Regards
>
>Chris Chambers
>Kelowna BC Canada
Jonathan LeemingRe: SMS Messaging and Phone Call Contact
on Sat, 10 Jun 2017 08:53:18 -0600
Hi Jacob,

Attached is a sample that has the salient details for receiving text...
you may have to make some adjustments as I use Clayton's TopDown
libraries and call tdMsg(), tdPause() and tdPopMemo() but with minor
adjustments you can substitute native Xbase components.  I have included
some related notes in the sample code.

Please let me know how you progress as I have more complete pieces of
code that both send and receive but would have to edit them prior to
sharing.

As for parsing Jason... Yes!  In reviewing ChilKat libraries I find that
there is a wealth of functionality.  ChilKat makes Jason a breeze!  It
is used in the sample.

Of course for this you will need a Twilio account but a trial account is
obtainable free of charge. (https://www.twilio.com/)

Within your Twilio account there is a console that has various options,
monitoring & test screens that will be handy.  One in particular is:

https://www.twilio.com/console/dev-tools/api-explorer/sms/messages

Regards... Jonathan
On 6/10/2017 4:31 AM, Jacob John wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have downloaded and installed Chilkat. But how can i start using it
> ?
>
> Anybody can give a sample for this ?
>
> Is it possible to parse JSON using this ?
>
> Regards
> Kiron
>

> On Thu, 23 Mar 2017 06:07:12 -0700, Chris Chambers wrote:
>
>> Hi Folks
>>
>> This maybe old news to some of you.
>>
>> If anyone is interested you can now access the Short Message service and
>> originate Phone message prompts and streaming phone calls directly from
>> xBase++ regardless of the xBase++ version. As long as you can create and
>> Active X object.
>>
>> To do this you will need the Chilkat Library (Incredibly Powerful), or
>> write your own library and a Twilio Account.
>>
>> Website for Chilkat https://www.chilkatsoft.com/
>> Website for Twilio  https://www.twilio.com/
>>
>> You can actually type SMS messages on your keyboard or programmatically
>> and send them to any cell phone anywhere.
>>
>> I have also used SMS messages to control my Xbase++ application by
>> simply sending it special codes. Very easy to do.
>>
>> Check it out, it may help to broaden your markets. Especially from a CRM
>> and Marketing point of view.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Chris Chambers
>> Kelowna BC Canada

twilioex.prg
Jonathan LeemingRe: SMS Messaging and Phone Call Contact
on Sat, 10 Jun 2017 10:16:19 -0600
Oops... Spell checker swapped JSON with Jason!

On 6/10/2017 8:53 AM, Jonathan Leeming wrote:
> Hi Jacob,
>
> Attached is a sample that has the salient details for receiving text...
> you may have to make some adjustments as I use Clayton's TopDown
> libraries and call tdMsg(), tdPause() and tdPopMemo() but with minor
> adjustments you can substitute native Xbase components.  I have included
> some related notes in the sample code.
>
> Please let me know how you progress as I have more complete pieces of
> code that both send and receive but would have to edit them prior to
> sharing.
>
> As for parsing Jason... Yes!  In reviewing ChilKat libraries I find that
> there is a wealth of functionality.  ChilKat makes Jason a breeze!  It
> is used in the sample.
>
> Of course for this you will need a Twilio account but a trial account is
> obtainable free of charge. (https://www.twilio.com/)
>
> Within your Twilio account there is a console that has various options,
> monitoring & test screens that will be handy.  One in particular is:
>
> https://www.twilio.com/console/dev-tools/api-explorer/sms/messages
>
> Regards... Jonathan
> On 6/10/2017 4:31 AM, Jacob John wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have downloaded and installed Chilkat. But how can i start using it
>> ?
>>
>> Anybody can give a sample for this ?
>>
>> Is it possible to parse JSON using this ?
>>
>> Regards
>> Kiron
>>

>> On Thu, 23 Mar 2017 06:07:12 -0700, Chris Chambers wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Folks
>>>
>>> This maybe old news to some of you.
>>>
>>> If anyone is interested you can now access the Short Message service and
>>> originate Phone message prompts and streaming phone calls directly from
>>> xBase++ regardless of the xBase++ version. As long as you can create and
>>> Active X object.
>>>
>>> To do this you will need the Chilkat Library (Incredibly Powerful), or
>>> write your own library and a Twilio Account.
>>>
>>> Website for Chilkat https://www.chilkatsoft.com/
>>> Website for Twilio  https://www.twilio.com/
>>>
>>> You can actually type SMS messages on your keyboard or programmatically
>>> and send them to any cell phone anywhere.
>>>
>>> I have also used SMS messages to control my Xbase++ application by
>>> simply sending it special codes. Very easy to do.
>>>
>>> Check it out, it may help to broaden your markets. Especially from a CRM
>>> and Marketing point of view.
>>>
>>> Regards
>>>
>>> Chris Chambers
>>> Kelowna BC Canada

Jonathan LeemingRe: SMS Messaging and Phone Call Contact
on Sat, 10 Jun 2017 10:34:16 -0600
Hi Again,

With regards to ChilKat... I found more value when on their website to
get to examples by going through the documentation link at the top of
the page rather than going directly to examples with the link on the
left.  From the documentation link I then select ActiveX from the
languages selection link and end up at...

https://www.chilkatsoft.com/refdoc/activex.asp

When I purchased ChilKat I opted for the entire bundle... USD$289 rather
than looking at individual products priced at USD$99 - USD$199... I
probably won't use everything but at least I'm not limited.

Regards... Jonathan

On 6/10/2017 8:53 AM, Jonathan Leeming wrote:
> Hi Jacob,
>
> Attached is a sample that has the salient details for receiving text...
> you may have to make some adjustments as I use Clayton's TopDown
> libraries and call tdMsg(), tdPause() and tdPopMemo() but with minor
> adjustments you can substitute native Xbase components.  I have included
> some related notes in the sample code.
>
> Please let me know how you progress as I have more complete pieces of
> code that both send and receive but would have to edit them prior to
> sharing.
>
> As for parsing Jason... Yes!  In reviewing ChilKat libraries I find that
> there is a wealth of functionality.  ChilKat makes Jason a breeze!  It
> is used in the sample.
>
> Of course for this you will need a Twilio account but a trial account is
> obtainable free of charge. (https://www.twilio.com/)
>
> Within your Twilio account there is a console that has various options,
> monitoring & test screens that will be handy.  One in particular is:
>
> https://www.twilio.com/console/dev-tools/api-explorer/sms/messages
>
> Regards... Jonathan
> On 6/10/2017 4:31 AM, Jacob John wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have downloaded and installed Chilkat. But how can i start using it
>> ?
>>
>> Anybody can give a sample for this ?
>>
>> Is it possible to parse JSON using this ?
>>
>> Regards
>> Kiron
>>

>> On Thu, 23 Mar 2017 06:07:12 -0700, Chris Chambers wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Folks
>>>
>>> This maybe old news to some of you.
>>>
>>> If anyone is interested you can now access the Short Message service and
>>> originate Phone message prompts and streaming phone calls directly from
>>> xBase++ regardless of the xBase++ version. As long as you can create and
>>> Active X object.
>>>
>>> To do this you will need the Chilkat Library (Incredibly Powerful), or
>>> write your own library and a Twilio Account.
>>>
>>> Website for Chilkat https://www.chilkatsoft.com/
>>> Website for Twilio  https://www.twilio.com/
>>>
>>> You can actually type SMS messages on your keyboard or programmatically
>>> and send them to any cell phone anywhere.
>>>
>>> I have also used SMS messages to control my Xbase++ application by
>>> simply sending it special codes. Very easy to do.
>>>
>>> Check it out, it may help to broaden your markets. Especially from a CRM
>>> and Marketing point of view.
>>>
>>> Regards
>>>
>>> Chris Chambers
>>> Kelowna BC Canada

Rudolf ReinthalerRe: SMS Messaging and Phone Call Contact
on Tue, 13 Jun 2017 12:09:17 +0200
Hello Jonathan,
thank you for the sample, I can confirm that Chilkat is very powerful
and not expensive. I use it for several things like email, http, json,
xml parsing etc. There are several FOXPRO samples for beginners, the
best way for the first start.
regards
Rudolf

---