Alaska Software Inc. - Crypted FOXCDX
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: Crypted FOXCDX
CarlosCrypted FOXCDX
on Tue, 06 Dec 2016 19:15:47 +0000
Hi,

I'm trying use FOXCDX with encryption but in the atached example, in the
second TEST run test1.dbf is bad.
Can anybody help?

Thanks
Carlos

TEST.zip
Andreas Gehrs-Pahl
Re: Crypted FOXCDX
on Tue, 06 Dec 2016 20:48:37 -0500
Carlos,

>I'm trying use FOXCDX with encryption but in the atached example, in the
>second TEST run test1.dbf is bad.
>Can anybody help?

You need to disable the CryptTable objects before closing the databases.
Just add oCrypt1:Disable() and/or oCrypt2:Disable() before the "CLOSE ALL"
commands.

This also means that after a program crash, if the CryptTable objects aren't
disabled before closing the encrypted database, you should expect database
(and/or Index) corruptions. I really wouldn't recommend using this in a
production environment!

Hope that helps,

Andreas

Andreas Gehrs-Pahl
Absolute Software, LLC

phone: (989) 723-9927
email: Andreas@AbsoluteSoftwareLLC.com
web:   http://www.AbsoluteSoftwareLLC.com
[F]:   https://www.facebook.com/AbsoluteSoftwareLLC
CarlosRe: Crypted FOXCDX
on Wed, 07 Dec 2016 13:52:11 +0000
Andreas,
Solved dbf but cdx has problems.
The example in documentation is very basic...
Thank you.
Carlos

Carlos,