Alaska Software Inc. - ADS Version 11 vs ADS 12
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: ADS Version 11 vs ADS 12
Jonathan LeemingADS Version 11 vs ADS 12
on Tue, 16 Nov 2021 07:50:28 -0700
Hi,

I need to increase my current ADS version 11 license for 50 users to 250
users and the supplier is quoting on version 12. I seem to remember
hearing of problems with ADS 12 but don't know of any specifics.  Is
anyone aware of any reason that why I should stay with version 11
instead of moving up to version 12?

Thanks... Jonathan
Matej JuracRe: ADS Version 11 vs ADS 12
on Wed, 17 Nov 2021 09:32:43 +0100
Isn't there a developers edition anymore ?

There is thread in "data-access" newsgroup where Tim Callahan posted
links for ads v12 32/64bit developers edition

http://d1x450sr0i2zzc.cloudfront.net/ads12/dev/ADS12DeveloperVersionWin64.zip

or

http://d1x450sr0i2zzc.cloudfront.net/ads12/dev/ADS12DeveloperVersionWin32.zip

Also multiple forum members posted that v12 works quite well.

Hint: Import news.alaska-software.com into Thunderbird or other
newsgroup reader and use text search there.

greetings,M

Jonathan Leeming je 16.11.2021 ob 15:50 napisal:
> Hi,
>
> I need to increase my current ADS version 11 license for 50 users to 250
> users and the supplier is quoting on version 12. I seem to remember
> hearing of problems with ADS 12 but don't know of any specifics.  Is
> anyone aware of any reason that why I should stay with version 11
> instead of moving up to version 12?
>
> Thanks... Jonathan
Jonathan LeemingRe: ADS Version 11 vs ADS 12
on Wed, 17 Nov 2021 09:32:05 -0700
On 11/17/2021 1:32 AM, Matej Jurac wrote:

> Isn't there a developers edition anymore ?
>
> There is thread in "data-access" newsgroup where Tim Callahan posted
> links for ads v12 32/64bit developers edition
>

> http://d1x450sr0i2zzc.cloudfront.net/ads12/dev/ADS12DeveloperVersionWin64.zip
>

> or
>
> http://d1x450sr0i2zzc.cloudfront.net/ads12/dev/ADS12DeveloperVersionWin32.zip
>

> Also multiple forum members posted that v12 works quite well.
>

> Hint: Import news.alaska-software.com into Thunderbird or other
> newsgroup reader and use text search there.
>

> greetings,M
>

> Jonathan Leeming je 16.11.2021 ob 15:50 napisal:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I need to increase my current ADS version 11 license for 50 users to
>> 250 users and the supplier is quoting on version 12. I seem to
>> remember hearing of problems with ADS 12 but don't know of any
>> specifics.  Is anyone aware of any reason that why I should stay with
>> version 11 instead of moving up to version 12?
>>
>> Thanks... Jonathan

Hi Matej & Thanks,

Yes there is a 2 user developers version of ADS ver 12 and I have gone
into various screens within my application and run different reports but
am also interested in the "real World" experiences of others in case
there is something I may have missed.

I should probably have mentioned that I am using Xbase++ 2.00.1487, Win
Server 2019 and currently all Win 10 clients (various versions).

FYI... Just checked and Tim's links still work.

Thanks Again... Jonathan
=?UTF-8?Q?C=c3=a9sar_Calvo?= Re: ADS Version 11 vs ADS 12
on Wed, 15 Dec 2021 06:25:14 +0100
El 17/11/2021 a las 17:32, Jonathan Leeming escribió:
> On 11/17/2021 1:32 AM, Matej Jurac wrote:
>>
>> Isn't there a developers edition anymore ?
>>
>> There is thread in "data-access" newsgroup where Tim Callahan posted
>> links for ads v12 32/64bit developers edition
>>

>> http://d1x450sr0i2zzc.cloudfront.net/ads12/dev/ADS12DeveloperVersionWin64.zip
>>

>> or
>>
>> http://d1x450sr0i2zzc.cloudfront.net/ads12/dev/ADS12DeveloperVersionWin32.zip
>>

>> Also multiple forum members posted that v12 works quite well.
>>

>> Hint: Import news.alaska-software.com into Thunderbird or other
>> newsgroup reader and use text search there.
>>

>> greetings,M
>>

>> Jonathan Leeming je 16.11.2021 ob 15:50 napisal:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I need to increase my current ADS version 11 license for 50 users to
>>> 250 users and the supplier is quoting on version 12. I seem to
>>> remember hearing of problems with ADS 12 but don't know of any
>>> specifics.  Is anyone aware of any reason that why I should stay with
>>> version 11 instead of moving up to version 12?
>>>
>>> Thanks... Jonathan
>>
> Hi Matej & Thanks,
>
> Yes there is a 2 user developers version of ADS ver 12 and I have gone
> into various screens within my application and run different reports but
> am also interested in the "real World" experiences of others in case
> there is something I may have missed.
>
> I should probably have mentioned that I am using Xbase++ 2.00.1487, Win
> Server 2019 and currently all Win 10 clients (various versions).
>
> FYI... Just checked and Tim's links still work.
>
> Thanks Again... Jonathan

Good morning.
What is the key for work witn ADS 12 and 2 user?
Regards.
César.
Jonathan LeemingRe: ADS Version 11 vs ADS 12
on Wed, 15 Dec 2021 20:45:14 -0700
On 12/14/2021 10:25 PM, César Calvo wrote:
> El 17/11/2021 a las 17:32, Jonathan Leeming escribió:
>> On 11/17/2021 1:32 AM, Matej Jurac wrote:
>>>
>>> Isn't there a developers edition anymore ?
>>>
>>> There is thread in "data-access" newsgroup where Tim Callahan posted
>>> links for ads v12 32/64bit developers edition
>>>

>>> http://d1x450sr0i2zzc.cloudfront.net/ads12/dev/ADS12DeveloperVersionWin64.zip
>>>

>>> or
>>>
>>> http://d1x450sr0i2zzc.cloudfront.net/ads12/dev/ADS12DeveloperVersionWin32.zip
>>>

>>> Also multiple forum members posted that v12 works quite well.
>>>

>>> Hint: Import news.alaska-software.com into Thunderbird or other
>>> newsgroup reader and use text search there.
>>>

>>> greetings,M

>> Hi Matej & Thanks,
>>
>> Yes there is a 2 user developers version of ADS ver 12 and I have gone
>> into various screens within my application and run different reports
>> but am also interested in the "real World" experiences of others in
>> case there is something I may have missed.
>>
>> I should probably have mentioned that I am using Xbase++ 2.00.1487,
>> Win Server 2019 and currently all Win 10 clients (various versions).
>>
>> FYI... Just checked and Tim's links still work.
>>
>> Thanks Again... Jonathan
>
> Good morning.
> What is the key for work witn ADS 12 and 2 user?
> Regards.
> César.

Hi Cesar,

I just uninstalled my ADS 11 developers 2 user and installed the ADS 12
developers that I just downloaded from Matej's links (above).  No key is
required.  From the 64 bit version you just install the
adswin_x86_64.exe with your desired settings.  Note that the Advantage
Data Architect utility is only available from the 32 bit zip
ADS12DeveloperVersionWin32.zip.  To install this utility run arc32.exe
from within ADS12DeveloperVersionWin32.

Again, there is no key required for the 2 user developers version.

Hope this helps... Jonathan