Alaska Software Inc. - Installation on Apache / Linux?
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: Installation on Apache / Linux?
Martin TreziseInstallation on Apache / Linux?
on Wed, 08 Apr 2020 12:16:36 +0100
Is it possible to install / publish our website that is running cxp
pages locally on IIS on a remote Linux server running Apache.  If it is,
then is there any documentation showing how to get this up and running?

Thanks in advance,

Martin.
Boris BorzicRe: Installation on Apache / Linux?
on Wed, 08 Apr 2020 15:00:05 +0200
Martin Trezise wrote in news:72089ba9$18ac29c8$13499@news.alaska-
software.com:

> Is it possible to install / publish our website that is running cxp
> pages locally on IIS on a remote Linux server running Apache.  If it is,
> then is there any documentation showing how to get this up and running?

Xbase++ does not run on Linux, so no you can't do that.

Best regards,
Boris Borzic

http://xb2.net
http://sqlexpress.net
industrial strength Xbase++ development tools
Martin TreziseRe: Installation on Apache / Linux?
on Wed, 08 Apr 2020 14:44:28 +0100
On 08/04/2020 14:00, Boris Borzic wrote:
> Martin Trezise wrote in news:72089ba9$18ac29c8$13499@news.alaska-
> software.com:
>
>> Is it possible to install / publish our website that is running cxp
>> pages locally on IIS on a remote Linux server running Apache.  If it is,
>> then is there any documentation showing how to get this up and running?
>
> Xbase++ does not run on Linux, so no you can't do that.

Thanks for your reply Boris,

Are the components that are required for this to function in IIS royalty
free i.e. can they be installed outside of the developer environment, or
do they need a separate license?

Regards,

Martin.
Nestor G. TorresRe: Installation on Apache / Linux?
on Fri, 24 Apr 2020 16:57:51 +0200
On 2020/04/08 15:44, Martin Trezise wrote:
> On 08/04/2020 14:00, Boris Borzic wrote:
>> Martin Trezise wrote in news:72089ba9$18ac29c8$13499@news.alaska-
>> software.com:
>>
>>> Is it possible to install / publish our website that is running cxp
>>> pages locally on IIS on a remote Linux server running Apache.  If it is,
>>> then is there any documentation showing how to get this up and running?
>>
>> Xbase++ does not run on Linux, so no you can't do that.
>>

> Thanks for your reply Boris,
>
> Are the components that are required for this to function in IIS royalty
> free i.e. can they be installed outside of the developer environment, or
> do they need a separate license?
>

> Regards,
>
> Martin.

Hi Martin,