Alaska Software Inc. - LoadfromUrl() call string. What is the lenght limit ?
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: LoadfromUrl() call string. What is the lenght limit ?
Osvaldo Luis AokiLoadfromUrl() call string. What is the lenght limit ?
on Wed, 10 Feb 2016 19:12:48 +0100
Hi,

   I am attempting to call a web service using LoadfromURL() and when I have
a long calling STRING, it is truncked and web service call fail.

   In this case, I am passing a file decoded as a hexadecimal string on call
parameter.

   Any people knows the limit of web service call string ?

   Thanks,
   Osvaldo L Aoki
Thomas BraunRe: LoadfromUrl() call string. What is the lenght limit ?
on Thu, 11 Feb 2016 08:59:14 +0100
Osvaldo Luis Aoki wrote:

>    In this case, I am passing a file decoded as a hexadecimal string on call
> parameter.

This is a very uncommon way of uploading files.

>    Any people knows the limit of web service call string ?

Limits might vary from web service to web service... so probably you will
have to ask the person/company that runs that web service.

Unfortunately, you don't give us any details (such as URL or purpose of the
web service or code snippets of what you are doing in your code).

Thomas
Osvaldo Luis AokiRe: LoadfromUrl() call string. What is the lenght limit ?
on Fri, 12 Feb 2016 19:44:20 +0100
Hi Thomas,

   We are checking this informations with WS developer.

   Thanks.
   Osvaldo.

Thomas Braun wrote in message
>Osvaldo Luis Aoki wrote:
>
>>    In this case, I am passing a file decoded as a hexadecimal string on
call
>> parameter.
>
>This is a very uncommon way of uploading files.
>

>>    Any people knows the limit of web service call string ?
>
>Limits might vary from web service to web service... so probably you will
>have to ask the person/company that runs that web service.
>
>Unfortunately, you don't give us any details (such as URL or purpose of
the
>web service or code snippets of what you are doing in your code).
>
>Thomas
Osvaldo Luis AokiRe: LoadfromUrl() call string. What is the lenght limit ?
on Wed, 17 Feb 2016 13:13:34 +0100
Hi Thomas,

  Now a discover it is not truncked, but characters "+" inside decoded
string is not arriving in destination. Is it a reserved character ?

  I am just using tobase64() function to convert a binnary image file to
string decode file.

  Thanks,

  Osvaldo.

Osvaldo Luis Aoki wrote in message
>Hi Thomas,
>
>   We are checking this informations with WS developer.
>
>   Thanks.
>   Osvaldo.
>

>Thomas Braun wrote in message
>>Osvaldo Luis Aoki wrote:
>>
>>>    In this case, I am passing a file decoded as a hexadecimal string
on
>call
>>> parameter.
>>
>>This is a very uncommon way of uploading files.
>>

>>>    Any people knows the limit of web service call string ?
>>
>>Limits might vary from web service to web service... so probably you
will
>>have to ask the person/company that runs that web service.
>>
>>Unfortunately, you don't give us any details (such as URL or purpose of
>the
>>web service or code snippets of what you are doing in your code).
>>
>>Thomas
Boris BorzicRe: LoadfromUrl() call string. What is the lenght limit ?
on Wed, 17 Feb 2016 16:34:08 +0100
Osvaldo Luis Aoki wrote in news:5b4b865b$6815297b$160f35@news.alaska-
software.com:

> Now a discover it is not truncked, but characters "+" inside decoded
> string is not arriving in destination. Is it a reserved character ?
>
> I am just using tobase64() function to convert a binnary image file to
> string decode file.

Yes, "+" in the URL is a reserved character. You need to use URL encoding
functions like these provided in the Xb2.NET library:

xbEscape
xbUnEscape
xbURI class

Also, I would not recommend using the HTTP GET method to send large amount
of data to server in the HTTP header. You should instead use the POST
method and include the data in the HTTP body.

Best regards,
Boris Borzic

http://xb2.net
http://sqlexpress.net
industrial strength Xbase++ development tools
Thomas BraunRe: LoadfromUrl() call string. What is the lenght limit ?
on Thu, 18 Feb 2016 08:29:04 +0100
Osvaldo Luis Aoki wrote:

> Hi Thomas,
>
>   Now a discover it is not truncked, but characters "+" inside decoded
> string is not arriving in destination. Is it a reserved character ?

Yes - you should encode it: http://www.w3schools.com/tags/ref_urlencode.asp

But as Boris wrote, dont use GET, use POST instead.

Also I would like to recommend using Boris XB2.NET library instead of
LoadFromUrl... you have much more control and loads of helper functions.

Thomas