Alaska Software Inc. - HttpClient
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: HttpClient
Giorgio Stevanato HttpClient
on Wed, 28 Mar 2018 13:27:32 +0800
I use 2.00.832 Foundation and I'm trying to use the HttpClient class but I get a
linker error ALK4102: unresolved symbol HTTPCLIENT.
I use for testing a piece of code from the Xbase++ guide (.CHM) with no luck.
I have the xpprt2.lib included in my XPJ...
I'm wondering if this class is not included in the foundation version. Anybody
using this class? Any idea?
Thanks
Giorgio
Peter AlderliestenRe: HttpClient
on Wed, 28 Mar 2018 10:58:49 +0200
Giorgio,

> I use 2.00.832 Foundation and I'm trying to use the HttpClient class but I get a
> linker error ALK4102: unresolved symbol HTTPCLIENT.
> I use for testing a piece of code from the Xbase++ guide (.CHM) with no luck.
> I have the xpprt2.lib included in my XPJ...
> I'm wondering if this class is not included in the foundation version. Anybody
> using this class? Any idea?
> Thanks
> Giorgio

According to the documentation, the class is pasrt of the Foyundation
subscription (xpprt2.lib). You could call this lib with a pragma directive
and see if this works.

Peter
Giorgio Stevanato Re: HttpClient
on Wed, 28 Mar 2018 19:46:54 +0800
Thanks Peter.
In fact I call the lib (tried both #pragma and in the XPJ file) but I get the
error anyway.
Doing some more testing I found something interesting:
a) If I use the Xbase IDE everything compliles and links fine.
b) If I just "pbuild" the .XPJ (pbuild /a IBS_XXXX.XPJ) it does not work.
So I'm guessing there are some others dependencies not listed in the docs. In
both cases above the compiler/linker are the same, what looks like is the IDE
"knows" what else to call.
I very rarely use the IDE as the majority of my editing is done on Mac. I just
use a batch file that compiles the exe and it uses the same XPJ as the IDE.
Thanks
G.

On 18/03/28 16:58, Peter Alderliesten wrote:
> Giorgio,
>
>> I use 2.00.832 Foundation and I'm trying to use the HttpClient class but I get a
>> linker error ALK4102: unresolved symbol HTTPCLIENT.
>> I use for testing a piece of code from the Xbase++ guide (.CHM) with no luck.
>> I have the xpprt2.lib included in my XPJ...
>> I'm wondering if this class is not included in the foundation version. Anybody
>> using this class? Any idea?
>> Thanks
>> Giorgio
>
> According to the documentation, the class is pasrt of the Foyundation
> subscription (xpprt2.lib). You could call this lib with a pragma directive
> and see if this works.
>
> Peter

Andreas Gehrs-Pahl
Re: HttpClient
on Thu, 29 Mar 2018 01:45:14 -0400
Giorgio,

>I use 2.00.832 Foundation and I'm trying to use the HttpClient class but I
>get a linker error ALK4102: unresolved symbol HTTPCLIENT.

The HttpClient class was introduced in version 2.00.875 of Xbase++, so it
isn't available at all in 2.00.832 and you need to use build 875 or higher.

>I use for testing a piece of code from the Xbase++ guide (.CHM) with no luck.
>I'm wondering if this class is not included in the foundation version.

The HttpClient class is not shown in the documentation prior to 2.00.875, so
you must have a newer version of the documentation than 2.00.832. Also, if
you look at the Xbase++ documentation (for 2.00.519 and later), you will see
that on the top left of virtually any page it shows either "Foundation" or
"Professional", indicating if the discussed topic or feature is part of the
Foundation Edition or not.

>a) If I use the Xbase IDE everything compliles and links fine.
>b) If I just "pbuild" the .XPJ (pbuild /a IBS_XXXX.XPJ) it does not work.

This indicates to me that you have an older version of Xbase++ somewhere in
your path. If you use PBuild.exe as a console command, it will show you
which version of Xbase++ the Project Builder, Compiler, Linker, etc. you are
using belongs to. I guess that this is indeed 2.00.832, while your IDE is
probably a newer version. You can check your Xbase++ version in the IDE
under "Help" -> "About". To check the Xbase++ versions in your (current)
path, you can use "XppLoad version" on the command line.

Hope that helps,

Andreas

Andreas Gehrs-Pahl
Absolute Software, LLC