Alaska Software Inc. - Autofill for Excel
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: Autofill for Excel
César Calvo Autofill for Excel
on Mon, 31 Dec 2018 19:22:46 +0100
Hello.

I need do Autofill with ActiveX

When I make the macro is:

Selection.AutoFill Destination:=Range ("H2:H1932")

How would be it for Alaska XBase?

Thanks.
César.
Jonathan LeemingRe: Autofill for Excel
on Tue, 01 Jan 2019 09:16:57 -0700
On 12/31/2018 11:22 AM, César Calvo wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I need do Autofill with ActiveX
>
> When I make the macro is:
>
> Selection.AutoFill Destination:=Range ("H2:H1932")
>
> How would be it for Alaska XBase?
>
> Thanks.
> César.

Hi Cesar,

In my example I am setting A1 & A2 to 1 and 2 respectively and then
using autofill to replace the values in A3 -> A20 with default autofill
values 3,4,5...

oXls := CreateObject("Excel.Application")

oBook  := oXls:workbooks:Add()  Open new blank Excel Workbook

oSheet := oBook:ActiveSheet

oRange := oSheet:Range("A1:A2")

oRange:value := {{1},{2}}

oDestination := oSheet:Range("A1:A20")

oRange:AutoFill(oDestination)

After oDestination in the Autofill line you can optionally include the
Autofill Type:
  https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office/vba/api/excel.xlautofilltype

oRange:AutoFill(oDestination,xlFillDefault)

Hope this helps... Happy New year!!!

Regards... Jonathan

jonathan.leeming@the-family-centre.com
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
César Calvo Re: Autofill for Excel
on Tue, 01 Jan 2019 21:54:08 +0100
Of course dear Jonathan, like your model I have got it:

oExcel:Columns("B:B"):Select
oExcel:Selection:Insert(xlToRight,xlFormatFromLeftOrAbove)
oExcel:Range("B2"):Select
oExcel:ActiveCell:Formula = '="" & A2'
oExcel:Range("B2"):Select
oDes := oExcel:Range("B2:B425")