Alaska Software Inc. - Fatal Error
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: Fatal Error
John SauvigneFatal Error
on Wed, 26 Feb 2020 12:29:51 -0500
Hi,

One of my users just switched to Windows 10 and now sometimes the
application will not launch and the XPPFATAL.LOG shows this:

FATAL ERROR LOG
Not recoverable Error!
SYS Thread-ID: 1032
Module: EH
Error Codes: EH: 900 Sub: 0(0) OS: 0 XPP: 0
Call Stack of Thread 1 (1032):
Call Stack of GUI Thread (1232):

If the user keeps trying to launch, it will eventually load. Any
suggestions?

Thanks,

John.
Jim LeeRe: Fatal Error
on Wed, 26 Feb 2020 20:13:23 +0100
hi,

> One of my users just switched to Windows 10 and now sometimes the
> application will not launch and the XPPFATAL.LOG shows this:
>
> FATAL ERROR LOG
> Not recoverable Error!
> SYS Thread-ID: 1032
> Module: EH
> Error Codes: EH: 900 Sub: 0(0) OS: 0 XPP: 0

are you using v.19.355 ?
it is a GUI App, or ?
but Console App work, right ?

if all Yes search for ScreenRes in Newgroup.
ScreenRes will change Driver (!) Resolution and set Framerate from 59 Hz to
60 Hz
i need to start it after every (big) Windows Update else GUI App dont start
John SauvigneRe: Fatal Error
on Wed, 26 Feb 2020 18:22:02 -0500
Hi Jim,

Yes v1.90.355, and use GUI App.

I will search for ScreenRes. Thanks!

John.

On 2/26/2020 2:13 PM, Jim Lee wrote:
> hi,
>
>> One of my users just switched to Windows 10 and now sometimes the
>> application will not launch and the XPPFATAL.LOG shows this:
>>
>> FATAL ERROR LOG
>> Not recoverable Error!
>> SYS Thread-ID: 1032
>> Module: EH
>> Error Codes: EH: 900 Sub: 0(0) OS: 0 XPP: 0
>
> are you using v.19.355 ?
> it is a GUI App, or ?
> but Console App work, right ?
>
> if all Yes search for ScreenRes in Newgroup.
> ScreenRes will change Driver (!) Resolution and set Framerate from 59 Hz to
> 60 Hz
> i need to start it after every (big) Windows Update else GUI App don´t start

Salvatore Megna Re: Fatal Error
on Thu, 27 Feb 2020 16:24:14 +0100
I can't find screenres please help me i have same problem

Il 27/02/2020 00:22, John Sauvigne ha scritto:
> Hi Jim,
>
> Yes v1.90.355, and use GUI App.
>
> I will search for ScreenRes. Thanks!
>
> John.
>
> On 2/26/2020 2:13 PM, Jim Lee wrote:
>> hi,
>>
>>> One of my users just switched to Windows 10 and now sometimes the
>>> application will not launch and the XPPFATAL.LOG shows this:
>>>
>>> FATAL ERROR LOG
>>> Not recoverable Error!
>>> SYS Thread-ID: 1032
>>> Module: EH
>>> Error Codes: EH: 900 Sub: 0(0) OS: 0 XPP: 0
>>
>> are you using v.19.355 ?
>> it is a GUI App, or ?
>> but Console App work, right ?
>>
>> if all Yes search for ScreenRes in Newgroup.
>> ScreenRes will change Driver (!) Resolution and set Framerate from 59
>> Hz to
>> 60 Hz
>> i need to start it after every (big) Windows Update else GUI App don´t
>> start

Jim LeeRe: Fatal Error
on Thu, 27 Feb 2020 23:30:48 +0100
> I can't find screenres please help me i have same problem

Re: Screen Resolution
public.xbase++.gui
14. September 2007
Pascal Boivin
Salvatore Megna Re: Fatal Error
on Thu, 27 Feb 2020 16:44:16 +0100
I have used sreenres.dll with 1.82 but ...look attach

Il 26/02/2020 20:13, Jim Lee ha scritto:
> hi,
>
>> One of my users just switched to Windows 10 and now sometimes the
>> application will not launch and the XPPFATAL.LOG shows this:
>>
>> FATAL ERROR LOG
>> Not recoverable Error!
>> SYS Thread-ID: 1032
>> Module: EH
>> Error Codes: EH: 900 Sub: 0(0) OS: 0 XPP: 0
>
> are you using v.19.355 ?
> it is a GUI App, or ?
> but Console App work, right ?
>
> if all Yes search for ScreenRes in Newgroup.
> ScreenRes will change Driver (!) Resolution and set Framerate from 59 Hz to
> 60 Hz
> i need to start it after every (big) Windows Update else GUI App donŽt start

Cattura.JPG
Jim LeeRe: Fatal Error
on Thu, 27 Feb 2020 23:22:20 +0100
hi,

> I have used sreenres.dll with 1.82 but ...look attach

the DLL is for v1.9.355 thats why i give a Error

do you have a "build-in" GFK like Intel HD ?
they often have a Tool to switch Resolution from 59 Hz to 60 Hz
Andreas Gehrs-Pahl
Re: Fatal Error
on Thu, 27 Feb 2020 18:08:46 -0500
John,

>One of my users just switched to Windows 10 and now sometimes the
>application will not launch and the XPPFATAL.LOG shows this:

>Error Codes: EH: 900 Sub: 0(0) OS: 0 XPP: 0

>If the user keeps trying to launch, it will eventually load. Any
>suggestions?

I don't know anything about this Screen Resolution DLL that Jimmy Lee
mentioned, and I don't even know why any driver should be set by default to
a frequency of 59 Hz rather than 60 Hz, but the above error can usually be
fixed by simply disabling DEP, which should be done for all Xbase++ 1.9
programs on Windows 10.

To disable DEP (Data Execution Prevention) for your program, follow these
steps:

https://www.online-tech-tips.com/windows-xp/disable-turn-off-dep-windows/

Hope that helps,

Andreas

Andreas Gehrs-Pahl
Absolute Software, LLC

phone: (989) 723-9927
email: Andreas@AbsoluteSoftwareLLC.com
web:   http://www.AbsoluteSoftwareLLC.com
[F]:   https://www.facebook.com/AbsoluteSoftwareLLC
Matej JuracRe: Fatal Error
on Fri, 28 Feb 2020 09:08:24 +0100
xpp 1.9 .exe "bombs" if UI scaling is enabled on windows in display properties

Andreas Gehrs-Pahl wrote in message news:14nntztg4duoq.1ssfczt8kkv59$.dlg@40tude.net...
>John,
>
>>One of my users just switched to Windows 10 and now sometimes the
>>application will not launch and the XPPFATAL.LOG shows this:
>
>>Error Codes: EH: 900 Sub: 0(0) OS: 0 XPP: 0
>
>>If the user keeps trying to launch, it will eventually load. Any
>>suggestions?
>
>I don't know anything about this Screen Resolution DLL that Jimmy Lee
>mentioned, and I don't even know why any driver should be set by default to
>a frequency of 59 Hz rather than 60 Hz, but the above error can usually be
>fixed by simply disabling DEP, which should be done for all Xbase++ 1.9
>programs on Windows 10.
>
>To disable DEP (Data Execution Prevention) for your program, follow these
>steps:
>
>https://www.online-tech-tips.com/windows-xp/disable-turn-off-dep-windows/
>
>Hope that helps,
>
>Andreas
Jim LeeRe: Fatal Error
on Fri, 28 Feb 2020 09:42:35 +0100
<Matej Jurac> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> xpp 1.9 .exe "bombs" if UI scaling is enabled on windows in display
> properties

hm ... i run v1.9.355 with150% on 10" Fulld-HD
Jim LeeRe: Fatal Error
on Fri, 28 Feb 2020 09:48:28 +0100
> I don't know anything about this Screen Resolution DLL that Jimmy Lee

Symtom :

Error Codes: EH: 900 Sub: 0(0) OS: 0 XPP: 0

Xbase++ GUI App does not start
Xbase++ Textmode App does start

Workaround : try ScreenRes.DLL
Klaus OverhageRe: Fatal Error
on Sun, 01 Mar 2020 10:25:34 +0100
If not you must use the HotFix Rollup #51
Xbase++ 1.90.355, Component: XPPUI1.DLL
Fixes include:
FIX 109-6904 GUI application may not start on Windows 10 Creators Update

I don't know why Jimmy mentioned the Screen Resolution DLL.

Am 26.02.2020 um 18:29 schrieb John Sauvigne:
> Hi,
>
> One of my users just switched to Windows 10 and now sometimes the application will not launch and the XPPFATAL.LOG shows this:
>
> FATAL ERROR LOG
> Not recoverable Error!
> SYS Thread-ID: 1032
> Module: EH
> Error Codes: EH: 900 Sub: 0(0) OS: 0 XPP: 0
> Call Stack of Thread 1 (1032):
> Call Stack of GUI Thread (1232):
>
> If the user keeps trying to launch, it will eventually load. Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
>
> John.
Jim LeeRe: Fatal Error
on Sun, 01 Mar 2020 23:30:47 +0100
> I don't know why Jimmy mentioned the Screen Resolution DLL.

have you test HotFix 51 ?

ScreenRes.DLL is FREE and work
Klaus OverhageRe: Fatal Error
on Mon, 02 Mar 2020 07:22:07 +0100
Yes i test it.
As i know HotFix 51 is free.

I don't know if this the correct tranlation,
but your all must be FREE
gets on my mind !

Am 01.03.2020 um 23:30 schrieb Jim Lee:
>> I don't know why Jimmy mentioned the Screen Resolution DLL.
>
> have you test HotFix 51 ?
>
> ScreenRes.DLL is FREE and work

Jim LeeRe: Fatal Error
on Tue, 03 Mar 2020 00:04:15 +0100
> As i know HotFix 51 is free.

you need active SubScription for which you have to pay so it is not FREE
Klaus OverhageRe: Fatal Error
on Tue, 03 Mar 2020 07:25:16 +0100
I have a active Subscription so for me it is free.