Alaska Software Inc. - Project Based Programmers Needed
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: Project Based Programmers Needed
Alain BoucherProject Based Programmers Needed
on Fri, 12 Sep 2014 12:38:25 +0200
All,

I find myself needing a few more programmers for a 3 to 6 month project.
Our legacy POS application is still on Xbase++ 1.82 and needs to be updated
to current Xbase++ version and some new features have to be added.  This is
an SAAS platform built using Xb2Net.  Work is for POS itself and for Web
back-office as well.

The project is for USA/Canada and involves deployment of a few thousand QSR
stores via one of our Canadian companies.  I will lead the project
personally and I'm based in Barcelona, Spain where I have a couple dozen
non-Xbase++ developers.  My other development center based in Cebu,
Philippines will also be involved (again non Xbase++ programmers).  Primary
project language is English, but knowledge of Spanish and/or French is a
definite plus.

Interested?  I do not monitor this Newsgroup so please send resume/offer via
email to alain.boucher[at]trx-cap.com.

Regards,

Alain Boucher
CTO/CSO
Consultoría en Aplicaciones de Pago SL
C/ Pujades 51-55, oficina 32, 08005 Barcelona España
K Varma PrakashRe: Project Based Programmers Needed
on Wed, 08 Oct 2014 14:38:05 +0200
Dear Mr. Alain Boucher

With reference to the ad posted in news@alaska software web site,

I am a freelancer software consultant in India having good experience on
developing various applications by using Xbase++ ver. 1.9 on window based
environment. During the last 3 years, I have developed and implemented
various customer projects using Xbase++ which are running successfully and
customers are extremely happy.

The reason for doing projects using Xbase++ is to convert DOS based
Clipper applications with backend data storage as Foxbase (.DBF) to MS-
window based applications, having the same data storage format. The
projects that are developed using Xbase++ consists of various UI data
capturing screens, storage of data into DBF format with compound index
(.cdx) files, various validations, selection of data from various data
files using combo box, on-line as well as  batch postings/updations
facilities, controls on enabling/disabling of all type of pushbuttons
based on user accessibility, various output formats like pre-printed
documents, A4 size with different orientations, export to MS-Excel / MS-
Word / PDF formats.

The domains of the applications are integrated modules of discrete
manufacturing / servicing verticals of a business process/ERP specific for
small and medium enterprises (SMEs). The modules consists of Finance,
Budget, Payable, Receivable, Sales/Service with tax implications,
Purchase/Sub-contracts, Stores/Inventory, Production/Job-work, BOM, MRP,
QC/Lab inspections.

With my experience on developing various projects using Xbase++ compiler,
I have good expertise to develop any business application.

It will be great, if you could let me have a feel of the development on my
request, as it comes by, mailed to me in my id: cklprakash@gamil.com. I
can be available for interviews at short notice, if basic screening is
through.

Thanking you

with regards,
Prakash K Varma
Bangalore, India - 560062
Phone #: +91 98440 38830

Alain Boucher wrote in message news:6e1130e2$57e7c304$33245@news.alaska-
software.com...
>All,
>
>I find myself needing a few more programmers for a 3 to 6 month project.
>Our legacy POS application is still on Xbase++ 1.82 and needs to be
updated
>to current Xbase++ version and some new features have to be added.  This
is
>an SAAS platform built using Xb2Net.  Work is for POS itself and for Web
>back-office as well.
>
>The project is for USA/Canada and involves deployment of a few thousand
QSR
>stores via one of our Canadian companies.  I will lead the project
>personally and I'm based in Barcelona, Spain where I have a couple dozen
>non-Xbase++ developers.  My other development center based in Cebu,
>Philippines will also be involved (again non Xbase++ programmers).
Primary
>project language is English, but knowledge of Spanish and/or French is a
>definite plus.
>
>Interested?  I do not monitor this Newsgroup so please send resume/offer
via
>email to alain.boucher[at]trx-cap.com.
>
>Regards,
>
>Alain Boucher
>CTO/CSO
>Consultoría en Aplicaciones de Pago SL
>C/ Pujades 51-55, oficina 32, 08005 Barcelona España
K Varma Prakashnotifications
on Wed, 08 Oct 2014 14:38:59 +0200
Clifford WiernikRe: notifications
on Thu, 09 Oct 2014 06:23:13 -0500
On 10/8/2014 7:38 AM, K Varma Prakash wrote:

Did you send the data you provided on the newsgroup directly to Alain.
He indicated that he does not monitor regularly this newsgroup.  His
email address is in his posting.