Alaska Software Inc. - Select error
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: Select error
Blaed MunzSelect error
on Mon, 30 Mar 2020 11:26:42 -0500
I have been testing with Postgres with the PGDBE and this is first
multitable select I have tried.

cSQL = "SELECT loan.*, customer.l_name, customer.f_name, customer.mi,
customer.generation, customer.paddress, customer.city, customer.state,
customer.zip, customer.hm_phone, customer.wk_phone, customer.cell FROM loan,
customer WHERE customer.contr_no > 0 AND customer.contr_no = loan.contr_no"
oStmt := DacSqlStatement():fromChar(cSQL)
oStmt:build():execute()

I get the following error:

oError:args         :          -> VALTYPE: U VALUE: NIL
oError:canDefault   : Y
oError:canRetry     : N
oError:canSubstitute: Y
oError:cargo        : {NIL,         -1, D}
oError:description  : D
oError:filename     :
oError:genCode      :       9001
oError:operation    : ABSTRACTSQLSTATEMENTBUILDER:EXECUTESTATEMENT
oError:osCode       :          0
oError:severity     :          2
oError:subCode      :         -1
oError:subSystem    : Remote SQL dacSession

I can copy and paste that select string in PGAdmin and it returns results
without a problem.

Thanks,
Blaed Munz
Osvaldo RamirezRe: Select error
on Tue, 31 Mar 2020 21:09:26 -0600
On 30/03/20 10:26, Blaed Munz wrote:
> I have been testing with Postgres with the PGDBE and this is first
> multitable select I have tried.
>
> cSQL = "SELECT loan.*, customer.l_name, customer.f_name, customer.mi,
> customer.generation, customer.paddress, customer.city, customer.state,
> customer.zip, customer.hm_phone, customer.wk_phone, customer.cell FROM loan,
> customer WHERE customer.contr_no > 0 AND customer.contr_no = loan.contr_no"
> oStmt := DacSqlStatement():fromChar(cSQL)
> oStmt:build():execute()
>
> I get the following error:
>
> oError:args         :          -> VALTYPE: U VALUE: NIL
> oError:canDefault   : Y
> oError:canRetry     : N
> oError:canSubstitute: Y
> oError:cargo        : {NIL,         -1, D}
> oError:description  : D
> oError:filename     :
> oError:genCode      :       9001
> oError:operation    : ABSTRACTSQLSTATEMENTBUILDER:EXECUTESTATEMENT
> oError:osCode       :          0
> oError:severity     :          2
> oError:subCode      :         -1
> oError:subSystem    : Remote SQL dacSession
>

> I can copy and paste that select string in PGAdmin and it returns results
> without a problem.
>

> Thanks,
> Blaed Munz

Hello Blaed