Alaska Software Inc. - 2.0
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: 2.0
Salvatore Megna 2.0
on Mon, 19 Mar 2018 10:29:38 +0100
Good morning
a question for all
How many of you have upgraded dbase to 2.0?
There are problem with this version?
Have you changed many prg?
Thanks for all
Peter AlderliestenRe: 2.0
on Mon, 19 Mar 2018 19:52:01 +0100
Salvatore Megna wrote:

> Good morning
> a question for all
> How many of you have upgraded dbase to 2.0?
> There are problem with this version?
> Have you changed many prg?
> Thanks for all

I upgraded as soon as I could and that's quite a while ago (the first
production version with Xbase++ 2.0 was released in December 2014).
Never looked back. Too many new features that I could not do without
anymore.

The only major change was the project file and even that was not really
difficult. After that the project recompiled without a hitch.
This does depend on your project structure, which I like to keep as
straight forward as possible.

If you program Xbase++ for a living, upgrading is a must IMHO.

Peter
Jonathan LeemingRe: 2.0
on Mon, 19 Mar 2018 16:44:58 -0600
On 3/19/2018 3:29 AM, Salvatore Megna wrote:
> Good morning
> a question for all
> How many of you have upgraded dbase to 2.0?
> There are problem with this version?
> Have you changed many prg?
> Thanks for all
Hi,

I did my first production application using Xbase++ 2.0 in December 2015
and then moved my main application from 1.9 to 2.0 in June 2016.  Aside
from setting the XbpBrowse:navigationMode =
XBPBRW_NAVIGATION_1XCOMPATIBLE and upgrading some third party libraries
to 2.0 I did not have any problems.  My application has since benefited
from the enhanced capabilities of 2.0 such as SSL email and improved FTP
(to name just a couple!).

No Regrets!

Regards, Jonathan

jonathan.leeming@the-family-centre.com