Alaska Software Inc. - Application Icon
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: Application Icon
Konstantin LebedevApplication Icon
on Thu, 06 Dec 2018 10:09:08 +0100
Hello!
How can I set icon, displaying at Windows explorer with my Alaska  application
EXE?
Thanks)
Peter AlderliestenRe: Application Icon
on Thu, 06 Dec 2018 12:57:41 +0100
Konstantin,

> Hello!
> How can I set icon, displaying at Windows explorer with my Alaska  application
> EXE?
> Thanks)

The icon for your application is the one that has the lowest resource id.

Peter
Edgar Borger Re: Application Icon
on Thu, 06 Dec 2018 12:45:13 -0200
Hi Konstantin,

I use :

PROCEDURE AppSys
    LOCAL oDlg, aPos, aSize
    LOCAL oParent := AppDesktop()

    aSize         := AppDesktop():CurrentSize()
    aPos          := CenterPos( aSize, oParent:currentSize() )
    oDlg          := XbpDialog():new( , , apos, asize)
    oDlg:close    := {|| PostAppEvent( xbeP_Quit ) }
    oDlg:icon     := 201                                       <================================ ICON
    oDlg:create()
    SetAppWindow( oDlg )
    SetAppFocus( oDlg )
RETURN

create an resource (.ARC) file with something like :

ICON   201 = 'VENDAS128.ICO'

Em 06/12/2018 07:09, Konstantin Lebedev escreveu:
> Hello!
> How can I set icon, displaying at Windows explorer with my Alaska  application
> EXE?
> Thanks)

Edgar Borger
Softsupply Informatica Ltda.
Rua Alagoas, 48
Sao Paulo, SP
01242-000
Tel   : (5511) 3159-1997
Email : softsupply@terra.com.br
Konstantin LebedevRe: Application Icon
on Thu, 06 Dec 2018 17:25:50 +0100
Many thanks!
But I see right application icon (having the less rec N!!) in top left corners
of appliacation windows, but - not at Windows explorer. See pic.

<================================ ICON
>    oDlg:create()
>    SetAppWindow( oDlg )
>    SetAppFocus( oDlg )
>RETURN
>
>create an resource (.ARC) file with something like :
>
>ICON   201 = 'VENDAS128.ICO'
>

>Em 06/12/2018 07:09, Konstantin Lebedev escreveu:
>> Hello!
>> How can I set icon, displaying at Windows explorer with my Alaska  application
>> EXE?
>> Thanks)

06.12.png
Jim LeeRe: Application Icon
on Thu, 06 Dec 2018 22:10:53 +0100
>>> How can I set icon, displaying at Windows explorer with my Alaska
>>> application
>>> EXE?

oDlg:Icon := 1

only Icon := 1 will show in Explorer

---
http://www.avg.com
Anand GuptaRe: Application Icon
on Fri, 07 Dec 2018 11:59:12 +0100
Jim Lee wrote in message news:4adfa625$46593e00$2a54a@news.alaska-software.com...

>oDlg:Icon := 1
>
>only Icon := 1 will show in Explorer

True. Ii was mentioned somewhere when I began developing in Xbase++. I still
follow it, and explorer shows the correct icon from Win95 to Win10.

Regards,

Anand

BTW It looks like we are going down in Win version !!
Peter AlderliestenRe: Application Icon
on Fri, 07 Dec 2018 14:49:02 +0100
Jim,

>> How can I set icon, displaying at Windows explorer with my Alaska
>> application
>> EXE?
>
> oDlg:Icon := 1
>
> only Icon := 1 will show in Explorer

But if you look into your resource file, what is the number you assigned to
the application icon.

Peter
Konstantin LebedevRe: Application Icon
on Sat, 08 Dec 2018 11:07:55 +0100
Fine! It works)

But, I have a little note...
After my correction of ARC-file and FULL re-building of my EXE, icon
has no changed!!
At the same time, copy of it, has ANOTHER NAME, showed with properly Icon.

After the resrart Windows (10) both files have properly icon.

P.S. I think, that Windows Explorer has some cache for fast drawing of
applicatopns icons (indexed by filename). Only if file name has not found in
this "cache", Windows really "extract" Icon from file resource.

>> oDlg:Icon := 1
>>
>> only Icon := 1 will show in Explorer
Thomas BraunRe: Application Icon
on Fri, 14 Dec 2018 10:52:28 +0100
Konstantin Lebedev wrote:

> P.S. I think, that Windows Explorer has some cache for fast drawing of
> applicatopns icons (indexed by filename). Only if file name has not found in
> this "cache", Windows really "extract" Icon from file resource.

You are absolutely right, the following web site gives a good overview how
to forcibly rebuild the icon cache:

https://neosmart.net/wiki/clear-icons-cache/

HTH
Thomas
Jim LeeRe: Application Icon
on Sat, 15 Dec 2018 02:36:34 +0100
> After the resrart Windows (10) both files have properly icon.

you just have to refresh IE this Way

ie4uinit -show

---
http://www.avg.com
Konstantin LebedevRe: Application Icon
on Mon, 17 Dec 2018 12:12:34 +0100
It was my error in ARC-file:

There was undefined ICON-resource, decribed like ths:
..
ICON
ICON_BLUE = "BlueCircle.ico"

ICON_BLUE constant was not defined (have number 0 for Windows)...
and has the lowest number!