Alaska Software Inc. - RDD Question
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: RDD Question
Al WimberlyRDD Question
on Thu, 01 Apr 2010 23:09:13 -0400
Been working in Xbase++ a coupla' weeks now, so I'm a true newbee trying to
convert a very big 20-year-old Clipper app to a 32-bit text only package.

This line fails on the VIA "SIXCDX" -- but works if I remove the VIA and RDD
name.
USE LOCAL ALIAS LOCAL VIA "SIXCDX" EXCLUSIVE NEW

This is what I have used in Clipper to permit running with and without ADS.
Xbase++ lets it pass but I have some doubts about the proper RDD names. Can
anyone guide me here please.
====================
 Check for ADS NLM (client/server capable)
lAXLoaded   := AX_Loaded(AX_GetDrive(cDataPath PLUS "mnames.dbf"))
cDataDriver := if(lAXLoaded, "DBFCDXAX", "SIXCDX")
 Set default replaceable data driver
RDDSetDefault(cDataDriver)

Thanks

Al Wimberly
Pablo BotellaRe: RDD Question
on Fri, 02 Apr 2010 10:52:46 +0200
Hi,

Look in the documentation the following functions :
DbeLoad()
DbeBuild()
DbeSetDefault()
DbeInfo()

Regards,
Pablo Botella
mirda Re: RDD Question
on Fri, 02 Apr 2010 11:08:44 +0200
On Thu, 01 Apr 2010 23:09:13 -0400, Al Wimberly wrote:

> Been working in Xbase++ a coupla' weeks now, so I'm a true newbee trying to
> convert a very big 20-year-old Clipper app to a 32-bit text only package.
>
> This line fails on the VIA "SIXCDX" -- but works if I remove the VIA and RDD
> name.
> USE LOCAL ALIAS LOCAL VIA "SIXCDX" EXCLUSIVE NEW
>
> This is what I have used in Clipper to permit running with and without ADS.
> Xbase++ lets it pass but I have some doubts about the proper RDD names. Can
> anyone guide me here please.
> ====================
>  Check for ADS NLM (client/server capable)
> lAXLoaded   := AX_Loaded(AX_GetDrive(cDataPath PLUS "mnames.dbf"))
> cDataDriver := if(lAXLoaded, "DBFCDXAX", "SIXCDX")
>  Set default replaceable data driver
> RDDSetDefault(cDataDriver)
>
> Thanks
>
> Al Wimberly

Hi Al!

Try using this DBESYS.PRG

In Xbase++ you can give almost any name to compound DBE/RDD

Damir

DBESYS.PRG