Alaska Software Inc. - arc.exe returns error 2
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: arc.exe returns error 2
Frits Janse Kokarc.exe returns error 2
on Thu, 20 Dec 2018 13:31:27 +0100
I hope someone can explain what arc.exe error 2 means.
On this moment it is not possible to create a "res" file from an "arc"
I use xBase V2.0 build 1037

Gr. Frits JK

---
Deze e-mail is gecontroleerd op virussen door AVG.
http://www.avg.com
Ingo Steinbuechel Re: arc.exe returns error 2
on Thu, 20 Dec 2018 16:39:05 +0100
Hi Frits,

"Frits Janse Kok" <Frits Janse Kok> schrieb:

> I hope someone can explain what arc.exe error 2 means.

I'm not sure but imagine that it's the system error code, so that it
means ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND (see [1]).

> On this moment it is not possible to create a "res" file from an "arc"
> I use xBase V2.0 build 1037

HTH
Regards Ingo

[1] https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/debug/system-error-codes--0-499-
Frits Janse KokRe: arc.exe returns error 2
on Thu, 20 Dec 2018 18:15:08 +0100
Op 20-12-2018 om 16:39 schreef Ingo Steinbuechel:
> Hi Frits,
>
> "Frits Janse Kok" <Frits Janse Kok> schrieb:
>
>> I hope someone can explain what arc.exe error 2 means.
>
> I'm not sure but imagine that it's the system error code, so that it
> means ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND (see [1]).
>
>> On this moment it is not possible to create a "res" file from an "arc"
>> I use xBase V2.0 build 1037
>
> HTH
> Regards Ingo
>
> [1]
> https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/debug/system-error-codes--0-499-

He Ingo,

Here is the error text and the content of the arc file.

[Hint] : Pbuild.exe EBdisplay.XPJ "/t:EBdisplay.exe"
[Hint] : 'arc /v ".\EBdisplay.arc" "/o:C:\EB\EBdisplay\EBdisplay.res"'
returned error 2
[Hint] : Build finished at 13:15:23 Processing time 0.00 secs.
[Hint] : ========== Build ebdisplay.exe: 0 succeeded, 1 failed ==========

#include 'EBdisplay.ch'

VERSION
       "CompanyName"      = "Electronic Brains"
       "LegalCopyright"   = "Copyright © Electronic Brains 1999-2019"
       "ProductName"      = "EBdisplay"
       "ProductVersion"   = EBDISPLAY_VERSIE
       "FileDescription"  = "EBdisplay"
       "FileVersion"      = EBDISPLAY_VERSIE
       "OriginalFilename" = "EBdisplay.exe"

ICON        1   = "EB01.ico"
ICON        2   = "EB02.ico"

USERDEF PNG
       777 = FILE "777.png"

USERDEF 24
    1 = FILE "EXTFILE.EXE.MANIFEST"

---
Deze e-mail is gecontroleerd op virussen door AVG.
http://www.avg.com
Peter AlderliestenRe: arc.exe returns error 2
on Fri, 04 Jan 2019 10:09:45 +0100
Frits,

> Here is the error text and the content of the arc file.
>

> [Hint] : Pbuild.exe EBdisplay.XPJ "/t:EBdisplay.exe"
> [Hint] : 'arc /v ".\EBdisplay.arc" "/o:C:\EB\EBdisplay\EBdisplay.res"'
> returned error 2
> [Hint] : Build finished at 13:15:23 Processing time 0.00 secs.
> [Hint] : ========== Build ebdisplay.exe: 0 succeeded, 1 failed ==========

I had this error once because somehow the file encoding had been changed to
something different from ANSI.

Peter
Frits Janse KokRe: arc.exe returns error 2
on Fri, 21 Dec 2018 02:04:03 +0100
Op 20-12-2018 om 13:31 schreef Frits Janse Kok:
> I hope someone can explain what arc.exe error 2 means.
> On this moment it is not possible to create a "res" file from an "arc"
> I use xBase V2.0 build 1037
>
> Gr. Frits JK
>
> ---
> Deze e-mail is gecontroleerd op virussen door AVG.
> http://www.avg.com

Found the solution.
AVG anti virus had place the file in quarantine.

Kind regards,   Frits JK

Shot_02.jpg