Alaska Software Inc. - Code 128
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: Code 128
Pintr BalzsCode 128
on Fri, 12 Feb 2016 11:17:46 +0100
Hi,

I have to generate a printed page which contains code 128 barcode.
I try to use the Code 128 free font, I can generate the checksum,
it' ok. I have a sample barcode, I try to reproduce it, but the starting
and ending character sometimes differs from the sample.
Can anybody help me?

Best regards,
 Balazs Pinter
Nestor G. TorresRe: Code 128
on Fri, 12 Feb 2016 17:02:03 +0200
Hi Balazs

The start Character must always be:
CHR(104)

The End Character must always be:
CHR(106)

So there should be no difference as you explained....

Just reread the specs from http://www.jtbarton.com/Barcodes/Code128.aspx

If you still have problems please post some code with the BARCODE trying
to be reproduced.

Kind regards,
Nestor

On 12-Feb-16 12:17 PM, Pint�r Bal�zs wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have to generate a printed page which contains code 128 barcode.
> I try to use the Code 128 free font, I can generate the checksum,
> it' ok. I have a sample barcode, I try to reproduce it, but the starting
> and ending character sometimes differs from the sample.
> Can anybody help me?
>
> Best regards,
>   Balazs Pinter

Pintér Balázs Re: Code 128
on Fri, 12 Feb 2016 18:24:29 +0100
Hi Nestor,

Thank You for Your quick answer.

I post my sample program, it seems to be good, there is a picture containing
the structure of the code,
and the sample can reproduce the same format. Using the Chr(104) and
Chr(106) characters the
result is not good, I found somewhere a solution which uses the Chr(209) and
Chr(211) and
the limiter characters seems to be right.
The problem is when I embed the code generation modul into my program, the
result is not similar.

Best regards,
Balazs Pinter

<Nestor G. Torres> az albbiakat rta a kvetkez hrzenetben:
f08c6fe$f73709f$1269af@news.alaska-software.com...
> Hi Balazs
>
> The start Character must always be:
> CHR(104)
>

> The End Character must always be:
> CHR(106)
>
> So there should be no difference as you explained....
>
> Just reread the specs from http://www.jtbarton.com/Barcodes/Code128.aspx
>
> If you still have problems please post some code with the BARCODE trying
> to be reproduced.
>
> Kind regards,
> Nestor
>
> On 12-Feb-16 12:17 PM, Pint?r Bal?zs wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have to generate a printed page which contains code 128 barcode.
>> I try to use the Code 128 free font, I can generate the checksum,
>> it' ok. I have a sample barcode, I try to reproduce it, but the starting
>> and ending character sometimes differs from the sample.
>> Can anybody help me?
>>
>> Best regards,
>>   Balazs Pinter

CODE128.PRG
Xbase++ Spooled Print Job.pdf
Code_128_diagramed.png
Nestor G. TorresRe: Code 128
on Sat, 13 Feb 2016 14:00:52 +0200
Hi Balazs

I found your program to have a few variables that were not declared:

minlni, dummy, checksum and lni ...these variables would then become
memory variables that retail their values unless reinitialized.

I do not know if that would have anything to do with your results.

But I have taken the liberty to write some code based on the
specifications found at web site
http://www.jtbarton.com/Barcodes/Code128.aspx2

I have compiled my code on my side and only tested if I got the correct
checksum. you can give it a test from your side and let me know how and
if it works. Also please download the code 128 font from the
http://www.jtbarton.com/Barcodes/Code128.aspx2

You will also note that my program is much simpler than the one you have
sent me.

Kind regards,
Nestor

On 12-Feb-16 7:24 PM, Pintér Balázs wrote:
> Hi Nestor,
>
> Thank You for Your quick answer.
>
> I post my sample program, it seems to be good, there is a picture containing
> the structure of the code,
> and the sample can reproduce the same format. Using the Chr(104) and
> Chr(106) characters the
> result is not good, I found somewhere a solution which uses the Chr(209) and
> Chr(211) and
> the limiter characters seems to be right.
> The problem is when I embed the code generation modul into my program, the
> result is not similar.
>
> Best regards,
> Balazs Pinter
>

> <Nestor G. Torres> az alábbiakat írta a következõ hírüzenetben:
> f08c6fe$f73709f$1269af@news.alaska-software.com...
>> Hi Balazs
>>
>> The start Character must always be:
>> CHR(104)
>>

>> The End Character must always be:
>> CHR(106)
>>
>> So there should be no difference as you explained....
>>
>> Just reread the specs from http://www.jtbarton.com/Barcodes/Code128.aspx
>>
>> If you still have problems please post some code with the BARCODE trying
>> to be reproduced.
>>
>> Kind regards,
>> Nestor
>>
>> On 12-Feb-16 12:17 PM, Pint?r Bal?zs wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have to generate a printed page which contains code 128 barcode.
>>> I try to use the Code 128 free font, I can generate the checksum,
>>> it' ok. I have a sample barcode, I try to reproduce it, but the starting
>>> and ending character sometimes differs from the sample.
>>> Can anybody help me?
>>>
>>> Best regards,
>>>    Balazs Pinter

CODE128-NGT.prg