Alaska Software Inc. - Error in DbCommit(), DbGoTop()
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: Error in DbCommit(), DbGoTop()
Carlos a Beling Error in DbCommit(), DbGoTop()
on Wed, 06 Dec 2017 10:35:48 -0200
Good morning.
I am having many errors (ie.: SubCode 8999, Gencode 73 and SubCode 5381,
GenCode 8999) in DbCommit(), DbGoTop() and DbSeek() under Windows 7. The
Xbase++ version with the last update.
Does anyone know to correct it?

Fraternally
Beling
Jim LeeRe: Error in DbCommit(), DbGoTop()
on Wed, 06 Dec 2017 22:56:50 +0100
hi,

> I am having many errors (ie.: SubCode 8999, Gencode 73 and SubCode 5381,
> GenCode 8999) in DbCommit(), DbGoTop() and DbSeek() under Windows 7. The
> Xbase++ version with the last update.

wonder that you still have SMB Problem ...
tell us more about Server Hardware / OS() and Client Hardware / OS() /
DBESYS
Carlos a Beling Re: Error in DbCommit(), DbGoTop()
on Thu, 07 Dec 2017 15:42:32 -0200
Hello Jim.
Many thanks.
The error (sometimes using DbSkip()) occurs in computers used as server
and they may to be running Windows 7, Windows Servers or other - 32 or
64 bits. The error is more frequently in Windows 7 (rarely in Windows XP).
Unfortunatley I have not access to the hardware where the application is
running.
I advised my users for they to install the smb2-infocache.msi that I got
it some time  ago where I do not remember.
I attached the DbeSys.prg that I am currently using.

Fraternally
Beling

Em 06/12/2017 19:56, Jim Lee escreveu:
> hi,
>
>> I am having many errors (ie.: SubCode 8999, Gencode 73 and SubCode 5381,
>> GenCode 8999) in DbCommit(), DbGoTop() and DbSeek() under Windows 7. The
>> Xbase++ version with the last update.
>
> wonder that you still have SMB Problem ...
> tell us more about Server Hardware / OS() and Client Hardware / OS() /
> DBESYS

DBESYS.PRG
Jim LeeRe: Error in DbCommit(), DbGoTop()
on Thu, 07 Dec 2017 22:14:59 +0100
hi,

a.) there is NO "FoxNtx"
b.) why you have "FOXCDX" and "DBFCDX" with same (!) Configuration ?
i recommend to use only "DBFNTX" / "FOXCDX" ( upper case ? )

c.) set *_LIFETIME to 0 (Zero)
this is also need when using Threads and open same DBF in different
Workspace

d.) the "SMB2-Patch" is for Lanmanworkstation ... so "where" do you have
Problem ?
e.) "where" is your EXE to start ?

... and what about Antivirus ?
Carlos a Beling Re: Error in DbCommit(), DbGoTop()
on Fri, 08 Dec 2017 11:15:20 -0200
Hello Jim:
good morning.
Many thanks again.
I made the suggested changes in DbeSys.
Please see below.

Fraternally
Beling

Em 07/12/2017 19:14, Jim Lee escreveu:
> hi,
>
> a.) there is NO "FoxNtx"
Ok I took it off
> b.) why you have "FOXCDX" and "DBFCDX" with same (!) Configuration ?
> i recommend to use only "DBFNTX" / "FOXCDX" ( upper case ? )
Ok I did it
I think the Upper/lower case in the names is not important. Is it?

> c.) set *_LIFETIME to 0 (Zero)
> this is also need when using Threads and open same DBF in different
> Workspace
Ok I did it

> d.) the "SMB2-Patch" is for Lanmanworkstation ... so "where" do you have
> Problem ?
I attached the document that I used for installing SMB2
> e.) "where" is your EXE to start ?
Both exe and data are in the server

> ... and what about Antivirus ?
It seems that they do not interfere because the app runs and the problem
does occur frequently.

Smb2.docx
Jim LeeRe: Error in DbCommit(), DbGoTop()
on Mon, 11 Dec 2017 00:23:02 +0100
hi,

i have read what you wrote about Alaska SMB2-Patch.

Question : are you working with SMB2 ?
Carlos a Beling Re: Error in DbCommit(), DbGoTop()
on Tue, 12 Dec 2017 09:01:01 -0200
Good morning Jim.
I recommend the users to use SMB2 and I had not get negative feed back
of them in using it.
What I saw is that when it must not to be installed it does not install
itself and says that it is not needed.

Fraternally
Beling

Em 10/12/2017 21:23, Jim Lee escreveu:
> hi,
>
> i have read what you wrote about Alaska SMB2-Patch.
>
> Question : are you working with SMB2 ?

Jim LeeRe: Error in DbCommit(), DbGoTop()
on Tue, 12 Dec 2017 19:16:22 +0100
> I recommend the users to use SMB2 and I had not get negative feed back of
> them in using it.

User does not have any Choise ... it is you App which must use SMB2 ... you
know how ?
Carlos a Beling Re: Error in DbCommit(), DbGoTop()
on Wed, 13 Dec 2017 12:46:47 -0200
Hello Jim.
Unfortunately I do not know how.
The document that Alaska wrote advises to install the package manually.
I read about SMB in
https://msdn.microsoft.com/pt-br/library/windows/desktop/aa365233(v=vs.85).aspx
and I hope it can to be useful.

Fraternally
Beling

Em 12/12/2017 16:16, Jim Lee escreveu:
>> I recommend the users to use SMB2 and I had not get negative feed back of
>> them in using it.
>
> User does not have any Choise ... it is you App which must use SMB2 ... you
> know how ?

Jim LeeRe: Error in DbCommit(), DbGoTop()
on Wed, 13 Dec 2017 22:42:14 +0100
> Unfortunately I do not know how.

i guess you still use "Drive Letter" ?
Carlos a Beling Re: Error in DbCommit(), DbGoTop()
on Thu, 14 Dec 2017 11:46:18 -0200
I use both, driver and UNC, depending on the way the client mapped the
folder of the aplication.
The application uses the function AppName(.t.) if CurDrive() return ""
Fraternally
Beling

Em 13/12/2017 19:42, Jim Lee escreveu:
>> Unfortunately I do not know how.
>
> i guess you still use "Drive Letter" ?

Jim LeeRe: Error in DbCommit(), DbGoTop()
on Sat, 16 Dec 2017 04:27:06 +0100
>I use both, driver and UNC,

so you have both types but only one will work when SMB1 is disable.
Carlos a Beling Re: Error in DbCommit(), DbGoTop()
on Sat, 16 Dec 2017 11:26:13 -0200
Hello Jim.
Good morning.
I use or driver or UNC in the app not both in the same execution.
The app does care about SMB...

Fraternally
Beling