Alaska Software Inc. - Printing to Specific Tray
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: Printing to Specific Tray
Chris PalmerPrinting to Specific Tray
on Wed, 29 Nov 2017 16:56:34 +0000
Hello all

This is [a sample] of our Printing function, it works with every single
printer we've used :- ( Tray name is the user-defined tray details, i.e.
"Tray 2" )

qPrinterBins:= oDC:paperbins()
Tray2Pos=ascan(qPrinterBins,{|aVal| aVal[2] == TrayName })
if Tray2Pos>0
    oDC:setPaperBin(qPrinterBins[Tray2Pos,1])
endif

However, a client has upgraded their printer to a Samsung X4250LX and now
this routine won't pick up any specific trays
Can anyone think of a reason why this wouldn't work ?  I suspect it has
something to do with the driver they've installed, or a driver setting ?

Many thanks
Chris
Jim LeeRe: Printing to Specific Tray
on Thu, 30 Nov 2017 07:35:20 +0100
Printer can have different Value for Paperbin.
my HP LaserJet P2050 Series PCL6 have

   CASE nPaperBin == XBPPRN_PAPERBIN_CASETTE
        nPaperBin := 260

   CASE nPaperBin == XBPPRN_PAPERBIN_MIDDLE
        nPaperBin := 261

   IF nPaperBin > 0
      oDC:setPaperBin( nPaperBin )
   ENDIF
   oDC:setNumCopies( nCopies )
   oDC:setCollationMode( XBPPRN_COLLATIONMODE_OFF )
   oDC:configure()

so you have to search in Manual what you need.
Chris PalmerRe: Printing to Specific Tray
on Thu, 30 Nov 2017 09:50:39 +0000
OK, thanks for the reply

I'm returning the value required from oDC:paperbins() and using this to
oDC:setPaperBin()
It works on every other printer, apart from this new Samsung

Very strange, any other suggestions? could it be to do with the Printer
configuration ? Even though it works Ok with Word ?

Thanks
Chris

"Jim Lee" wrote in message

Printer can have different Value for Paperbin.
my HP LaserJet P2050 Series PCL6 have

   CASE nPaperBin == XBPPRN_PAPERBIN_CASETTE
        nPaperBin := 260

   CASE nPaperBin == XBPPRN_PAPERBIN_MIDDLE
        nPaperBin := 261

   IF nPaperBin > 0
      oDC:setPaperBin( nPaperBin )
   ENDIF
   oDC:setNumCopies( nCopies )
   oDC:setCollationMode( XBPPRN_COLLATIONMODE_OFF )
   oDC:configure()

so you have to search in Manual what you need.
Jim LeeRe: Printing to Specific Tray
on Fri, 01 Dec 2017 04:03:04 +0100
> ( Tray name is the user-defined tray details, i.e. "Tray 2" )

are you sure that it is "Tray 2" ...

on my HP 2050 i have Tray 1-4 but
XBPPRN_PAPERBIN_CASETTE -> "Tray 3"
XBPPRN_PAPERBIN_MIDDLE -> "Tray 4"
Chris PalmerRe: Printing to Specific Tray
on Fri, 01 Dec 2017 09:24:41 +0000
Hi, yes, we're getting the tray names and codes from oDC:paperbins()
Thanks
Chris

"Jim Lee" wrote in message

> ( Tray name is the user-defined tray details, i.e. "Tray 2" )

are you sure that it is "Tray 2" ...

on my HP 2050 i have Tray 1-4 but
XBPPRN_PAPERBIN_CASETTE -> "Tray 3"
XBPPRN_PAPERBIN_MIDDLE -> "Tray 4"
Chris PalmerRe: Printing to Specific Tray
on Fri, 01 Dec 2017 11:29:16 +0000
Hello, yes we're returning the printer codes from oDC:paperbins()
So they are correct for the exact printer !
It works on every other printer model apart from this one

Thanks

"Jim Lee" wrote in message

> ( Tray name is the user-defined tray details, i.e. "Tray 2" )

are you sure that it is "Tray 2" ...

on my HP 2050 i have Tray 1-4 but
XBPPRN_PAPERBIN_CASETTE -> "Tray 3"
XBPPRN_PAPERBIN_MIDDLE -> "Tray 4"
Pascal BoivinRe: Printing to Specific Tray
on Fri, 01 Dec 2017 17:18:50 +0100
Hi Chris

I have seen a printer not using the specified tray because "Letter"
(the paper size) was assigned to the first tray only. Printing from MS
Word was ok as long as I don't select a paper size. Addind "Letter" and
"Legal" to all tray allow me to use all of them.

I don't remember what was the printer, but that was the only time I see
this. Maybe you got the same printer!
Chris PalmerRe: Printing to Specific Tray
on Wed, 06 Dec 2017 15:34:20 +0000
OK, some further info for their IT dep.
Apparently, this printer is :- Samsung SMART UX centre powered by Android

Does this mean anything to anyone ?
Maybe it needs different codes as it's Android ?

Thanks
Chris