Alaska Software Inc. - PostgreSQL transactions don’t work
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: PostgreSQL transactions don’t work
Martijn WagelaarPostgreSQL transactions don’t work
on Tue, 28 Oct 2014 16:32:27 +0100
Hello,

When I use the code below where cSQLStmt contains a INSERT, UPDATE or
DELETE statement the locks applied for this mutation don’t release and
the mutation is not really applied. In the same DacSession the retrieved
data set contains the mutations in a separate DacSession the “old” data
set is retrieved.  Without :beginTransaction() and
:commitTransaction() there is no problem.

	oDacSession:beginTransaction()

	oSQLStmt	= DacSQLStatement():fromChar(cSQLStmt)
	oSQLStmt:build():execute()

	oDacSession:commitTransaction()

The attached screen shots are from the PostreSQL server status before
and after the execution of the code.

Regards,
Martijn.

001.png
002.png
Andreas HerdtRe: PostgreSQL transactions don’t work
on Fri, 31 Oct 2014 15:26:44 +0100
Hello Mr Wagelaar,

Thank you for reporting this.

This became PDR 6593. Please have a look into the PDR description.

http://www.alaska-software.com/scripts/waa001.dll?WAA_PACKAGE=PUBLICDTS&WAA_FORM=DISPLAYPDR&PDRID=6593

The issue requires further investigation. In fact after calling :execute()
on
the statement resources are locked on the server. We can observer that
other applications / other connections are blocked operating on the same
table which was affected by the update statement.

  Andreas Herdt
  Alaska Software

Technical Support:      support@alaska-software.com

News Server:            news.alaska-software.com
Homepage:               http://www.alaska-software.com
WebKnowledgeBase:       http://www.alaska-software.com/kbase.shtm

Fax European Office:    +49 (0) 61 96 - 77 99 99 23
Fax US Office:          +1 (646) 218 1281

"Martijn Wagelaar" wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> When I use the code below where cSQLStmt contains a INSERT, UPDATE or
> DELETE statement the locks applied for this mutation don’t release and
> the mutation is not really applied. In the same DacSession the retrieved
> data set contains the mutations in a separate DacSession the “old” data
> set is retrieved.  Without :beginTransaction() and
> :commitTransaction() there is no problem.
>
> oDacSession:beginTransaction()
>
> oSQLStmt = DacSQLStatement():fromChar(cSQLStmt)
> oSQLStmt:build():execute()
>
> oDacSession:commitTransaction()
>
> The attached screen shots are from the PostreSQL server status before
> and after the execution of the code.
>
> Regards,
> Martijn.

Rick GreenRe: PostgreSQL transactions don’t work
on Fri, 05 Jun 2015 12:42:00 +0200
Andreas Herdt wrote in message news:9cc699$5b73b0a5$46433@news.alaska-
software.com...
>Hello Mr Wagelaar,
>
>Thank you for reporting this.
>
>This became PDR 6593. Please have a look into the PDR description.

Where can your customers see IF and WHEN an issue is being addressed?