Alaska Software Inc. - Problem with last windows update
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: Problem with last windows update
Salvatore Megna Problem with last windows update
on Thu, 12 Oct 2017 11:15:58 +0200
Hi,
with last windows update ( 10 or 7 is same ) my software can't connect 
with odbc driver to create excel file.
Someone have same problem?
Salvatore Megna Re: Problem with last windows update
on Thu, 12 Oct 2017 12:21:50 +0200
Il 12/10/2017 11:15, Salvatore Megna ha scritto:
> Hi,
> with last windows update ( 10 or 7 is same ) my software can't connect 
> with odbc driver to create excel file.
> Someone have same problem?


aa.JPG
Matej JuracRe: Problem with last windows update
on Thu, 12 Oct 2017 14:07:51 +0200
Can too confirm broken MS xls driver odbc functionality (via SqlExpress).

Apperantly one of MS Office/Windows current update packs broke something.

Will post when solution is found.




Salvatore Megna <smegna@tiscali.it> wrote in message
news:259bc48c$569edfa0$985b6@news.alaska-software.com...
>Il 12/10/2017 11:15, Salvatore Megna ha scritto:
>> Hi,
>> with last windows update ( 10 or 7 is same ) my software can't connect 
>> with odbc driver to create excel file.
>> Someone have same problem?
Matej JuracRe: Problem with last windows update
on Thu, 12 Oct 2017 14:50:59 +0200
There is some change in handlig of connect string parameters

OLD:
cConn := "DBQ=somebloody.xls;Driver={Microsoft Excel Driver
(*.xls)};ReadOnly=0;MaxScanRows=0;FirstRowHasNames=1"

changed by getting connect string via my own tool and is now again working
(for .xls):

cConn := "DSN=Excel
Files;DBQ=somebloody.xls;DriverId=790;MaxBufferSize=2048;PageTimeout=5;"


At first glance it seems it uses info from DriverId (790 = xls, 1046 = xlsb 
but 1024 does not work for xlsx) in those drivers (they are afaik Access derived).


but still filed under #needsmoretesting



Matej Jurac wrote in message
news:7fa1bc28$48182e5b$986d9@news.alaska-software.com...
>Can too confirm broken MS xls driver odbc functionality (via SqlExpress).
>
>Apperantly one of MS Office/Windows current update packs broke something.
>
>Will post when solution is found.
>
>
>
>
>Salvatore Megna <smegna@tiscali.it> wrote in message
>news:259bc48c$569edfa0$985b6@news.alaska-software.com...
>>Il 12/10/2017 11:15, Salvatore Megna ha scritto:
>>> Hi,
>>> with last windows update ( 10 or 7 is same ) my software can't connect 
>>> with odbc driver to create excel file.
>>> Someone have same problem?
Salvatore Megna Re: Problem with last windows update
on Mon, 16 Oct 2017 09:18:29 +0200
Hi,
I have tried but without solution.



Il 12/10/2017 14:50, Matej Jurac ha scritto:
> There is some change in handlig of connect string parameters
> 
> OLD:
> cConn := "DBQ=somebloody.xls;Driver={Microsoft Excel Driver
> (*.xls)};ReadOnly=0;MaxScanRows=0;FirstRowHasNames=1"
> 
> changed by getting connect string via my own tool and is now again working
> (for .xls):
> 
> cConn := "DSN=Excel
> Files;DBQ=somebloody.xls;DriverId=790;MaxBufferSize=2048;PageTimeout=5;"
> 
> 
> At first glance it seems it uses info from DriverId (790 = xls, 1046 = xlsb
> but 1024 does not work for xlsx) in those drivers (they are afaik Access derived).
> 
> 
> but still filed under #needsmoretesting
> 
> 
> 
> Matej Jurac wrote in message
> news:7fa1bc28$48182e5b$986d9@news.alaska-software.com...
>> Can too confirm broken MS xls driver odbc functionality (via SqlExpress).
>>
>> Apperantly one of MS Office/Windows current update packs broke something.
>>
>> Will post when solution is found.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> Salvatore Megna <smegna@tiscali.it> wrote in message
>> news:259bc48c$569edfa0$985b6@news.alaska-software.com...
>>> Il 12/10/2017 11:15, Salvatore Megna ha scritto:
>>>> Hi,
>>>> with last windows update ( 10 or 7 is same ) my software can't connect
>>>> with odbc driver to create excel file.
>>>> Someone have same problem?


a1.JPG
Salvatore Megna Re: Problem with last windows update
on Mon, 16 Oct 2017 09:31:50 +0200
This my code

    cConnString := "DBE=ODBCDBE;"+"DSN=" +"File di Microsoft Excel" + 	 
";" 			+ ;
                   "DBQ=" + +"c:\temp\prova.xls" + ;
                   ";DriverId=790; MaxBufferSize=2048; PageTimeout=5;"

    DbeSetDefault("ODBCDBE")
    oSession := DacSession():new(cConnString)

    IF !oSession:isConnected()
       MessageBox( oSession:getLastMessage()+"Cannot connect to " + 
cConnString)
       RETURN
    ENDIF









Il 16/10/2017 09:18, Salvatore Megna ha scritto:
> Hi,
> I have tried but without solution.