Alaska Software Inc. - SendMail()
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: SendMail()
MichaelSendMail()
on Thu, 24 Sep 2009 10:12:48 -0400
I have a WAA process working, but I'm trying to use SendMail() to send text
to my email.

The problem is, my ISP requires a password, so I tried using smtp.gmail.com,
and that doesn't work either.

How can I use my Gmail account to send the email?

I am using WAA 1.9 and IIS on Windows XP Pro.
Thomas Braun
Re: SendMail()
on Fri, 25 Sep 2009 17:31:34 +0200
Michael wrote:

> I have a WAA process working, but I'm trying to use SendMail() to send text
> to my email.

Do yourself a favour - forget about SendMail() and purchase see4XB from
Marshallsoft: http://www.marshallsoft.com/see4xb.htm

regards
Thomas
Trinkl FerencRe: SendMail()
on Mon, 12 Oct 2009 12:43:10 +0200
From ASINET.HLP:

Class

SMTPClient()

 Syntax

:connect( [<cUsername>], [<cPassword>] ) --> lSuccess

Parameters

<cUsername>

<cUsername> is an optional character string specifying the name of the user
to be used when the connection to the Smtp Server is established.

<cPassword>

<cPassword> is a character string specifying the password that is used when
the connection to the SMTP Server is established. If the optional parameter
<cUserName> is passed, then this parameter becomes a mandatory parameter.

Return

The method returns .T. (true) when a connection to the SMTP server is
successfully established, otherwise .F. (false) is returned.

Description

This method establishes a connection to the SMTP server a SMTPClient object
is created for. A connection may fail if the object was instantiated with
invalid parameters or if the SMTP server does not respond. When the
connection is successful, e-mail messages can be sent to the server using
the :send()  method.
In case the SMTP server requires authentification, the username and password
can be passed as parameters to the method :connect() .

"Michael" <mjgregg69@hotmail.com> az albbiakat rta a kvetkez
hrzenetben: 67282bd8$7c2eea14$47e1a@news.alaska-software.com...
>I have a WAA process working, but I'm trying to use SendMail() to send text
>to my email.
>
> The problem is, my ISP requires a password, so I tried using
> smtp.gmail.com, and that doesn't work either.
>
> How can I use my Gmail account to send the email?
>
> I am using WAA 1.9 and IIS on Windows XP Pro.

MichaelRe: SendMail()
on Sat, 21 Nov 2009 15:52:57 -0500
I am not following this.  Can you give me an example on how to use this?

Does this set the name and password prior to calling SENDMAIL()?

I would like to use SENDMAIL() is possible, since I am short on cash.