Alaska Software Inc. - Newsreader Options
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: Newsreader Options
Jonathan LeemingNewsreader Options
on Sat, 25 Feb 2023 18:54:57 +0100
Hi,

I have been using Thunderbird as my newsreader for years but just found out that
I can longer post with version 102.8.0 (64-bit) as it crashes when I click on
"send".  It was a very simple posting to the test account with the subject
"test" and the body containing "123".  I have since done a test posting via the
web interface http://news.alaska-software.com (which is what I am using for this
posting)

I also tried installing Windows Live Mail on my Windows 11 laptop but it does
not "want" to install.

Are others having problems with Thunderbird?  What other news readers might I
consider?  Tried Agent years ago but preferred Thunderbird.

Thanks... Jonathan
Boris BorzicRe: Newsreader Options
on Sat, 25 Feb 2023 23:09:25 +0100
I've been using Xnews for well over 20 yrs. No longer supported but it
works fine. You can download from here: https://secure.xb2.net/xnews.zip

Best regards,
Boris Borzic

http://xb2.net
http://sqlexpress.net
industrial strength Xbase++ development tools

Jonathan Leeming wrote in

> I have been using Thunderbird as my newsreader for years but just
> found out that I can longer post with version 102.8.0 (64-bit) as it
> crashes when I click on "send".  It was a very simple posting to the
> test account with the subject "test" and the body containing "123".  I
> have since done a test posting via the web interface
> http://news.alaska-software.com (which is what I am using for this
> posting)
>
> I also tried installing Windows Live Mail on my Windows 11 laptop but
> it does not "want" to install.
>
> Are others having problems with Thunderbird?  What other news readers
> might I consider?  Tried Agent years ago but preferred Thunderbird.
Jonathan LeemingRe: Newsreader Options
on Sun, 26 Feb 2023 19:28:38 +0100
Boris Borzic wrote in news:XnsAFB6AE841D5E0SQLExpress@87.106.143.233:

> I've been using Xnews for well over 20 yrs. No longer supported but it
> works fine. You can download from here: https://secure.xb2.net/xnews.zip

Thanks Boris... Giving it a test drive!