Alaska Software Inc. - LoadfromUrl return a log saying "file not found"
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: LoadfromUrl return a log saying "file not found"
Osvaldo Luis AokiLoadfromUrl return a log saying "file not found"
on Sun, 06 Dec 2015 00:27:49 +0100
Hi,

  I Am using loadFromURL() but it show a message saying that a "file
directory is not found"

  When I run in navigator it works fine, return webservice message
correctly.

-> Command below
cHttp:= "http://zetaserver.cloudapp.net:8082/MessageMobile/api/User/" +
str(xId,3)
LoadFromURL( cHttp, 80 , 1, , ,"GET")

-> Return Below

<head>
<title>404 - File or directory not found.</title>
<!--
body{margin:0;font-size:.7em;font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-
serif;background:#EEEEEE;}
fieldset{padding:0 15px 10px 15px;}
h1{font-size:2.4em;margin:0;color:#FFF;}
h2{font-size:1.7em;margin:0;color:#CC0000;}
h3{font-size:1.2em;margin:10px 0 0 0;color:#000000;}
#header{width:96%;margin:0 0 0 0;padding:6px 2% 6px 2%;font-
family:"trebuchet MS", Verdana, sans-serif;color:#FFF;
background-color:#555555;}
#content{margin:0 0 0 2%;position:relative;}
.content-container{background:#FFF;width:96%;margin-
top:8px;padding:10px;position:relative;}
-->
</head>
  <h2>404 - File or directory not found.</h2>
  <h3>The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its
name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.</h3>
 </fieldset></div>
Andreas Gehrs-Pahl
Re: LoadfromUrl return a log saying "file not found"
on Sun, 06 Dec 2015 19:16:00 -0500
Osvaldo,

>cHttp:= "http://zetaserver.cloudapp.net:8082/MessageMobile/api/User/" +
>str(xId,3)
>LoadFromURL( cHttp, 80 , 1, , ,"GET")

Your text URL "cHttp" contains the port that you want to use: "8082", but
in your LoadFromURL(cHttp, 80, 1, , , "GET") function call you explicitly
specify a different port to use, "80", which supersedes the port specified
in the URL.

So you have several options, all of which will work:

LoadFromURL(cHttp)
LoadFromURL(cHttp, 8082)
LoadFromURL(cHttp, 8082, , , , "GET")
LoadFromURL(cHttp, 8082, INTERNET_COMMUNICATION_PUBLIC, , , "GET")

Because any specified parameters in LoadFromURL() supersede any options
specified in the text URL -- and any options specified in the text URL
supersede the default options for omitted parameters -- it makes sense to
only specify any parameters that differ from the default values and that
aren't already explicitly specified in the text URL.

I also recommend to RTFM for LoadFromURL(), as it explains the various
parameters and default values, as well as the URL format.

Hope that helps,

Andreas

Andreas Gehrs-Pahl
Absolute Software, LLC

phone: (989) 723-9927
email: Andreas.GP@Charter.net
web:   http://www.Aerospace-History.net
Osvaldo Luis AokiRe: LoadfromUrl return a log saying "file not found"
on Mon, 07 Dec 2015 17:51:40 +0100
Hi Andreas,

   Thanks a lot for your explanation about..

   I will test with correct parameters.

   A question: What does it mean "RTFM for LoadFromURL()" ?

   Thanks,

   Osvaldo

Andreas Gehrs-Pahl wrote in message
>Osvaldo,
>
>>cHttp:= "http://zetaserver.cloudapp.net:8082/MessageMobile/api/User/" +
>>str(xId,3)
>>LoadFromURL( cHttp, 80 , 1, , ,"GET")
>
>Your text URL "cHttp" contains the port that you want to use: "8082", but
>in your LoadFromURL(cHttp, 80, 1, , , "GET") function call you explicitly
>specify a different port to use, "80", which supersedes the port
specified
>in the URL.
>
>So you have several options, all of which will work:
>
>LoadFromURL(cHttp)
>LoadFromURL(cHttp, 8082)
>LoadFromURL(cHttp, 8082, , , , "GET")
>LoadFromURL(cHttp, 8082, INTERNET_COMMUNICATION_PUBLIC, , , "GET")
>
>Because any specified parameters in LoadFromURL() supersede any options
>specified in the text URL -- and any options specified in the text URL
>supersede the default options for omitted parameters -- it makes sense to
>only specify any parameters that differ from the default values and that
>aren't already explicitly specified in the text URL.
>
>I also recommend to RTFM for LoadFromURL(), as it explains the various
>parameters and default values, as well as the URL format.
>
>Hope that helps,
>
>Andreas
Boris BorzicRe: LoadfromUrl return a log saying "file not found"
on Mon, 07 Dec 2015 18:05:35 +0100
Osvaldo Luis Aoki wrote in news:45a51e18$66a41a87$95873@news.alaska-
software.com:

> A question: What does it mean "RTFM for LoadFromURL()" ?

RTFM = 'Read The F***ing Manual'

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RTFM

Best regards,
Boris Borzic

http://xb2.net
http://sqlexpress.net
industrial strength Xbase++ development tools
Andreas Gehrs-Pahl
Re: LoadfromUrl return a log saying "file not found"
on Tue, 08 Dec 2015 08:20:38 -0500
Osvaldo,

>A question: What does it mean "RTFM for LoadFromURL()" ?

RTFM = 'Read The Fine/Fantastic/Fascinating Manual' -- or any "F*" word of
your choosing.

>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RTFM

Contrary to what this Wiki page says, "[t]he RTFM comment is usually
expressed when the speaker is irritated by another person's question or
lack of knowledge", I use this abbreviation just as shorthand for pointing
the reader to a topic in the documentation that would elaborate on the
specific problem or would give more background information, which I'm not
able (or willing) to post myself.

If I were actually irritated by the questions to which I'm responding, I
wouldn't bother posting an answer in the first place.

So, no, RTFM is just a friendly reminder that the Manual (just like Google)
is your friend, and doesn't contain any swearwords, at least when I'm using
it.

Andreas

Andreas Gehrs-Pahl
Absolute Software, LLC

phone: (989) 723-9927
email: Andreas.GP@Charter.net
web:   http://www.Aerospace-History.net
Boris BorzicRe: LoadfromUrl return a log saying "file not found"
on Tue, 08 Dec 2015 15:12:24 +0100
I think you are absolutely right. 99% of the time RTFM is not used in a
derogatory manor. It may be a good idea to update the Wikipedia page.

Best regards,
Boris Borzic

http://xb2.net
http://sqlexpress.net
industrial strength Xbase++ development tools

Andreas Gehrs-Pahl wrote in